Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Gothic 3 trashed at Rewired Mind - 2/10

suibhne

Erudite
Avè said:
Whipporowill said:
It sure has asswipe, said reviewer claimed G3 would be a quickly forgotten game. Which VD apparently didn't agree with.
And if someone posted Oblivion would be a quickly forgotten game, VD would give the person a blowjob.

Except that VD already said, in a response to you, that such an assertion would be equally ridiculous applied to Oblivion.

RE4DING IS TEH HARD

Noceur

Liturgist
Uh... what did you just do, Avè?
Looks like you've scrambled VD's post and then typed nonsense at random intervals.

If you're going to respond to the man, would you please do so in a linear fashion, because what you just posted doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Avè said:
PS, if you're going to continue making bullshit up I think i might not bother responding to you again, you seem to be almost as delusional as Ex in his prime.
That's too funny. I'm usually against "dumbfucking" people, but I think you truly deserve this honor. I guess Exitium was right about you after all.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Avè said:
So you know by some magic means that all orcs seen in the intro movie / first town are all the orc models in the whole world? Wozers! Where can I get some of that second sight? Otherwise, not being able to differentiate an orc from another reeks of racism! OMG.
I have no idea where the first sentence came from(who mentioned that they had only watched the intro and played the first town and nothing more?), nor do I have any idea what the point of the last sentence is(other than a volourn impression).

numbnuts said:
Just watching the intro alone will verify to some degree to what the reviewer said(look at all those lovely indentical orcs with the character animations).

You Sir/Madam have the shortest memory in recent history. Congratulations. Anyway, the intro movie itself doesn't show nearly all orcs. No elite, no shamen, no orc lords, merchants et c. And that's just the "standard types". You have a couple of generic no name orc scouts and warriors from what I can remember.

If you say so Avè
Your point?

Good question. You started it, so you tell me?

sheek

Arbiter
Don't let them intimidate you Ave. There are a lot of us on your side, a lot more who are keeping quiet for the time being.

Oarfish

Prophet
Gothic 3 is bugged to hell, there's no getting round that.
]
My game is currently persisting through restarts - creatures and objects are missing that I killed or picked up in previous games. The Minecrawler and lizard at the end of the cave clearing quest, and the wolf skins in the first village do not appear when I start a new game.

I can handle the dodgy performance and clunky combat, but persistent game breaking bugs are beyond a joke.

I wouldn't give it 50% in its current form.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Whipporowill said:
Performance isn't all that good, but I'm able to run it at medium settings on a 2.66 ghz, 1 GB ram and a Radeon 9600 with a few ini tweaks (treeshadows=false is the major one). Still it drags at times, which is to be expected with my weak comp.

I am sorry to drag this off-topic, but... Whipporowill, could you kindly tell me what ini tweaks exactly? Because if it runs on your Radeon 9600, then it should run on my AMD 64 3200+ and my 1024 MB 400 / 2 CAS DDR RAM and my Radeon 9600 SE too. And I haven't played a good game in ages.

Whipporowill

Erudite
sheek said:
Don't let them intimidate you Ave. There are a lot of us on your side, a lot more who are keeping quiet for the time being.

What's this - Codex Revolutions? Are you hiding in the shadows busy honing your LARP blades making ready for the new regime? I guess since VD pretty much runs the show you'll have to deal with it or like... leave?

spacemoose

Erudite
well I'm no fan of Gothic 3! and I don't care that I haven't played it, my RPG-sense is telling me that it is a disaster.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Jasede said:
I am sorry to drag this off-topic, but... Whipporowill, could you kindly tell me what ini tweaks exactly? Because if it runs on your Radeon 9600, then it should run on my AMD 64 3200+ and my 1024 MB 400 / 2 CAS DDR RAM and my Radeon 9600 SE too. And I haven't played a good game in ages.

I read a few different tweaks that I tried. But the tree shadows one is the only one I can guarantee makes a noteable difference.

These are the cache sizes suggested. The topmost is mostly for 2 gb ram people, but as always there's this internet rumours theres a perfomance rise for 1 gb people. Basically it's more mem for meshes and less for sounds compared to the original ini.

Cache.SizeImage=256000000
Cache.SizeMaterial=40000000
Cache.SizeMesh=90000000
Cache.SizeSound=40000000
Cache.SizeCollisionMesh=40000000
Cache.SizeAnimation=40000000
Cache.SizeSpeedTree=10000000

Shader.EnableTreeShadows=false

Also, since I'm running om medium you can probably run it okey on low settings. But then again, it's no guarantee - reports seems to vary between similar comps.

sheek

Arbiter
Whipporowill said:
What's this - Codex Revolutions? Are you hiding in the shadows busy honing your LARP blades making ready for the new regime? I guess since VD pretty much runs the show you'll have to deal with it or like... leave?

Rulers, regimes rise to power, dazzle and crumble to dust almost within an eye blink... It is no consequence to me in the long run. All I'm saying is VD's time is approaching.

-Garrett-

Novice
Spacemoose said:
well I'm no fan of Gothic 3! and I don't care that I haven't played it, my RPG-sense is telling me that it is a disaster.
Adjectives fail me. :?

Whipporowill

Erudite
sheek said:
Whipporowill said:

Rulers, regimes rise to power, dazzle and crumble to dust almost within an eye blink... It is no consequence to me in the long run. All I'm saying is VD's time is approaching.

You ARE joking... right? Right?

Right?

sheek

Arbiter
Remember the 5th of November? Oh yes, this year will be one to remember... :cool:

sheek

Arbiter
No actually, I am merely a messenger and a prophet. I cannot reveal who does the deed. It could be VD, it could be Vipera. It could be you...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom