Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Gothic 3 trashed at Rewired Mind - 2/10

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
sheek said:
Remember the 5th of November? Oh yes, this year will be one to remember... :cool:

No it won't. That's my birthday and nothing memorable will happen in it, mark my words.

Solaris

Scholar
Ladonna said:
However, this review really smells of an Oblivion forum poster who also reviews games. The wars between the two games had proponents on both sides before G3 was released, and 2/10 seems like an artificially low score, tinged with some personal agenda.
Heh....that's the first thing i thought when I read it. A ESF fanboy has got a job as reviewer.

I think I'll be giving Rewired Mind a miss in future. That is pretty bad journalism, even for the net. Hell, even Gamespot or IGN wouldn't stoop that low :lol:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Whipporowill said:
[Ini-tweaking]

Thank you very much! I will play it once I am done with Bloodlines, which I ordered today, after buying that wretched 512 MB of RAM I was lacking. It should be patched by then, too.
Thanks again!

kris

Arcane
Role-Player said:
suibhne said:
It is an ill wind that bloweth.

Apparently, ill winds are not the only thing that bloweth 'round here.

Sorry, that was me, must be something I eaten.

Role-Player said:
sheek said:
Remember the 5th of November? Oh yes, this year will be one to remember... :cool:

No it won't. That's my birthday and nothing memorable will happen in it, mark my words.

Well Sheek may have something special in store for you baby.

the good thing is, by the time that VD actually come around writing a review of this game it is already patched up to a level that I would find acceptable. That said, I am not really that interested in Gothic.

Hazelnut

Erudite
sheek said:
Whipporowill said:
What's this - Codex Revolutions? Are you hiding in the shadows busy honing your LARP blades making ready for the new regime? I guess since VD pretty much runs the show you'll have to deal with it or like... leave?

Rulers, regimes rise to power, dazzle and crumble to dust almost within an eye blink... It is no consequence to me in the long run. All I'm saying is VD's time is approaching.
:roll:
VD said:
@ Sheek:
Can't wait.

Don't hold your breath VD... remember this:

sheek said:
Hazelnut, you shouldn't have done that. You must not know what you're getting into, now you're going to have Roqua as an enemy for life. :cry:
Hazelnut said:
"Enemy for life"? Teh drama from a god-damn drama queen!

This really is just too funny for words! :D
sheek said:
Yeah, laugh now (while you still can). Unfortunately I can't because I know this will end in tears.

And don't say nobody tried to warn you. :?

Still waiting.... :lol:

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
BTW, it seems that many Polish pre-orderers who got their copies today can't run the game due to the copy protection system.

sheek

Arbiter
Hazelnut said:
:roll:
VD said:
@ Sheek:
Can't wait.

Don't hold your breath VD... remember this:

sheek said:
Hazelnut, you shouldn't have done that. You must not know what you're getting into, now you're going to have Roqua as an enemy for life. :cry:
Hazelnut said:
"Enemy for life"? Teh drama from a god-damn drama queen!

This really is just too funny for words! :D
sheek said:
Yeah, laugh now (while you still can). Unfortunately I can't because I know this will end in tears.

And don't say nobody tried to warn you. :?

Still waiting.... :lol:

I really scared you there, huh? :wink:

kris

Arcane
Elwro said:
BTW, it seems that many Polish pre-orderers who got their copies today can't run the game due to the copy protection system.

I had to put my DVD in the drive three times before it found the disk... Certainly there is something too that.

HardCode

Erudite
Elwro said:

Probably because they are putting the DVD in their stereo.

ZING!

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
Whatever happened to Roqua anyway? Did he get arrested for raping and/or urinating on someone? It's too bad he's not around at any rate.
icon_salut.gif

Gothic 3 really has several performance issues and bugs, it's nearly unplayable on older computers and still requires patches. But it's a great game. While Oblivion is the best ever commercial game (I mean it's only developed to bring money to Bethesda) and it's not a real RPG without some hundred MB of mods, Gothic 3 features a carefully crafted world that is much more real than Oblivion's monotonous Cyrodiil. And it's translated (in italian) much better than Oblivion.

dabomberman

Novice
I played the game. Within 2 minutes of playing. It crash. The game has potential but due to poor and lazy programming, it failed miserably. So I believe it was pretty correct to give it a 2. I would have given it a 1/10. And believe me, I have played alot of games and programmed alot of big titles. This game isn't worth the pirating let alone the purchase.
+ The game tries to be an action rpg but failed with the simplistic combat (diablo 2 would have done a better job)
+ Too many bugs, lazy and poor programming.
+ Lazy programmers who do not know how to optimized their code end up having a resource hungry game. Guild Wars with lower spec has more beautiful and stunning visual.
+ Too many Reuseable model and jagged frame clipping.
+ Extremely poor tutorial. Most games have at least some tool tip and an introduction for new players to the series. This game has very few introduction and tool tip.
+ Poor support from the company. I go to the website and most of the time there are more german support. And this is through a forum instead of a game manual.
Overally, I believe Gothic 3 is an extremely waste of money and waste of time. That development team either need to learn what Quality Management means or forget about being in the gaming industry.

BTW: Joowood is the producer, not the developers. Bugs and crashes are developers fault.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
dabomberman said:
I played the game. Within 2 minutes of playing. It crash.
OMG. No. Way.

How about not playing it on a shitty computer? Just a thought.

The game has potential but due to poor and lazy programming, it failed miserably.
If you say so, Mr. Programmer of Big Titles (TM).

And believe me, I have played alot of games and programmed alot of big titles.
Of course you did.

Overally, I believe Gothic 3 is an extremely waste of money and waste of time.
"Overally" - whatever that is - we believe that you are a moron. Aren't you happy that we shared our opinions with each other?

That development team either need to learn what Quality Management means or forget about being in the gaming industry.
I'll pass your recommendations to the team.

BTW: Joowood is the producer, not the developers.
I bow before your wisdom.

dabomberman

Novice
Stauff said:
dabomberman said:

Todd, baby, what are you doing here?
Ah the sweet sound of a fanboy replying. I am not Todd nor your boyfriend, nor the neighbour across the road.

Stauff said:
P.S. May be you can name us your big titles, eh?

Sure, heard of the Need For Speed series? How about System Shock? Oh and the new one that is coming up, System Shock 2.

dabomberman

Novice
Vault Dweller said:
dabomberman said:
OMG. No. Way.

How about not playing it on a shitty computer? Just a thought.
Don't think too hard cos that might hurt your head.
I doubt an AMD FX60 with 2 GB of RAM on a GF7800GTX is a shitty computer
Oh hang on, I forgot these guys are lazy programmers. I've seen Oblivion run with lower spec than that.

Vault Dweller said:
The game has potential but due to poor and lazy programming, it failed miserably.
If you say so, Mr. Programmer of Big Titles (TM).
Here is a tip about replying. You attack the post not the poster. But hey I guess it is very much acceptable in a fanboy club like this

Vault Dweller said:
And believe me, I have played alot of games and programmed alot of big titles.
Of course you did.
I don't question your ability to think, neither should you question my credential.

Vault Dweller said:
Overally, I believe Gothic 3 is an extremely waste of money and waste of time.
"Overally" - whatever that is - we believe that you are a moron. Aren't you happy that we shared our opinions with each other?
Not really, but your opinion is a typical reply I would expect from a person with a single digit IQ. But hey, is there a moderator in the house or is this a forum where you can freely insult each other.

Vault Dweller said:
That development team either need to learn what Quality Management means or forget about being in the gaming industry.
I'll pass your recommendations to the team.
You work there? Or you have a shrine that you pray to every night so that your message might get heard by the development team "upstairs"

Vault Dweller said:
BTW: Joowood is the producer, not the developers.
I bow before your wisdom.
Not low enough. I doubt your "humility" is genuine so don't bother with the superficial sarcasm. it is, what is that word that you normally use, oh "moronic". I suggest you should think harder with a proper argument to support your case instead of primary school insults.
blah, blah blah, I am right and you are a moron. blah, blah ... ad nauseum

VenomByte

Scholar
dabomberman said:
I played the game. Within 2 minutes of playing. It crash. The game has potential but due to poor and lazy programming, it failed miserably. So I believe it was pretty correct to give it a 2. I would have given it a 1/10. And believe me, I have played alot of games and programmed alot of big titles. This game isn't worth the pirating let alone the purchase.
+ The game tries to be an action rpg but failed with the simplistic combat (diablo 2 would have done a better job)
+ Too many bugs, lazy and poor programming.
+ Lazy programmers who do not know how to optimized their code end up having a resource hungry game. Guild Wars with lower spec has more beautiful and stunning visual.
+ Too many Reuseable model and jagged frame clipping.
+ Extremely poor tutorial. Most games have at least some tool tip and an introduction for new players to the series. This game has very few introduction and tool tip.
+ Poor support from the company. I go to the website and most of the time there are more german support. And this is through a forum instead of a game manual.
Overally, I believe Gothic 3 is an extremely waste of money and waste of time. That development team either need to learn what Quality Management means or forget about being in the gaming industry.

BTW: Joowood is the producer, not the developers. Bugs and crashes are developers fault.

Your post have great potential, but due to poor and lazy grammar, it fail bad.

dabomberman

Novice
VenomByte said:
Your post have great potential, but due to poor and lazy grammar, it fail bad.
I apologize but I lack the time to go back and correct myself.
However, the point communication is getting the idea across. As long as you understand me, that is all that matters. If you don't, then point out that part so I can clarify it.

VenomByte

Scholar
dabomberman said:
Sure, heard of the Need For Speed series?

Ah, this would explain a lot.

Around these parts, we rate games based on the gameplay and originality rather than how shiny the graphics are and what FPS rate we get on them. Hence, we can live with a buggy game that tries to do something worthwhile. Gothic 3 doesn't really have any showstopping problems.

dabomberman said:
is there a moderator in the house or is this a forum where you can freely insult each other.

I suggest you do a little research before posting on the Codex. You motherfucking cocksucking piece of dogshit :wink:

dabomberman

Novice
VenomByte said:
dabomberman said:
Sure, heard of the Need For Speed series?

Ah, this would explain a lot.

Around these parts, we rate games based on the gameplay and originality rather than how shiny the graphics are and what FPS rate we get on them. Hence, we can live with a buggy game that tries to do something worthwhile. Gothic 3 doesn't really have any showstopping problems.
I lack to see the correlation. Some how because I worked on a car racing game with shiny graphics that can run on a lower spec than Gothic 3, I know nothing of gameplay?
First of all, in term of design, Gothic 3 doesn't have a good gameplay. Two mouse buttons fighting where a block doesn't really block? Fighting your opponent while your henchmen stand around and watch? Knock-down lock? Come on you have to be really joking.
In term of originality, Orc vs Human? I felt like I was playing a ripped off version of WoW. Not every fantasy have to start with Orc and Humans like a typical Tolkien book. The setting is any thing but original. THe game engine use the same ragdoll physics where a dead body look like it has no bones.
I am amaze at the fact that you can LIVE with a buggy game. You are a customer and yet you accept a subpar product. If that was a car or a computer you would demand your money back. You see, this is the attitude that foster bad programming philosophy of
"What the heck, just ship, they buy it, they complain and we fix it later"

dabomberman

Novice
The_Nameless_Prick said:
dabomberman said:
is there a moderator in the house or is this a forum where you can freely insult each other.

I suggest you do a little research before posting on the Codex. You motherfucking cocksucking piece of dogshit :wink:
Ah, judging by this post, this forum is run by high school kids on drugs. May be a bar of soap might help your ability to speak without using your MTV dictionary.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom