Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Gothic 3 trashed at Rewired Mind - 2/10

dabomberman said:
The_Nameless_Prick said:
dabomberman said:
is there a moderator in the house or is this a forum where you can freely insult each other.

I suggest you do a little research before posting on the Codex. You motherfucking cocksucking piece of dogshit :wink:
Ah, judging by this post, this forum is run by high school kids on drugs. May be a bar of soap might help your ability to speak without using your MTV dictionary.

You can say FUCK, COCK, and SHIT on MTV? OH YEAH! i knew that. I watch mtv all day, btw. The only reason i take drugs is to soothe my rage that i get when people like you stain our precious forums, jagoff. Oh yeah, AND to help me study for my high school math exams, dumbass. Oh I'm sorry, did I say dumbass?? Is THAT too BEAVIS & BUTT-HEAD?? Damn, i gotta stop watching MTV 1 and 2 while carving soap. Didn't you suggest i should EAT the soap? Thanks but NOPE, the MTV logo and rolled joints are much funner to sculpt from soap than eating it.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
dabomberman said:
Don't think too hard cos that might hurt your head.
Speaking from experience?

I doubt an AMD FX60 with 2 GB of RAM on a GF7800GTX is a shitty computer.
A good computer is more than: chip+ram+video card. I expected you to know that.

Vault Dweller said:
The game has potential but due to poor and lazy programming, it failed miserably.
If you say so, Mr. Programmer of Big Titles (TM).
Here is a tip about replying. You attack the post not the poster. But hey I guess it is very much acceptable in a fanboy club like this.
Attack the post? Oh, you mean that idiotic one-liner presenting your conclusions that the programming is poor and that the programmers are lazy?

I don't question your ability to think, neither should you question my credential
Really? Well, let me introduce myself then. I'm an admiral and supreme commander of a space fleet orbiting the Earth. As we speak! Dun-dun-dun!

As you can see, silly earthling, my credentials like totally own your credentials, so why don't we leave the credential business alone?

Not really, but your opinion is a typical reply I would expect from a person with a single digit IQ. But hey, is there a moderator in the house or is this a forum where you can freely insult each other.
I have reported your posts to a moderator already. You better run now, boy.

You work there? Or you have a shrine that you pray to every night so that your message might get heard by the development team "upstairs".
I usually use a shrine, but when I need to speed things up I email the developers directly.

Vault Dweller said:
BTW: Joowood is the producer, not the developers.
I bow before your wisdom.
Not low enough. I doubt your "humility" is genuine so don't bother with the superficial sarcasm. it is, what is that word that you normally use, oh "moronic". I suggest you should think harder with a proper argument to support your case instead of primary school insults.
I will try hard to learn the art of proper arguments from you. I shall meditate for weeks trying to achieve the clarity and elegance expressed in "Joowood is the producer, not the developers."

Vault Dweller

Developer
dabomberman said:
Stauff said:
P.S. May be you can name us your big titles, eh?

Sure, heard of the Need For Speed series? How about System Shock? Oh and the new one that is coming up, System Shock 2.
System Shock 2, you say? That's awesome, man.

VenomByte

Scholar
dabomberman said:
I lack to see the correlation. Some how because I worked on a car racing game with shiny graphics that can run on a lower spec than Gothic 3, I know nothing of gameplay?
I'm not saying you know nothing of it. You're just choosing to give a perfectly good game an obscenely low score essentially because it isn't polished enough to your liking.

First of all, in term of design, Gothic 3 doesn't have a good gameplay. Two mouse buttons fighting where a block doesn't really block? Fighting your opponent while your henchmen stand around and watch? Knock-down lock? Come on you have to be really joking.
Can't really comment since I haven't played a Melee character yet. I'm sure someone else will.

In term of originality, Orc vs Human? I felt like I was playing a ripped off version of WoW. Not every fantasy have to start with Orc and Humans like a typical Tolkien book. The setting is any thing but original. THe game engine use the same ragdoll physics where a dead body look like it has no bones.
Unoriginality is 'Good Vs Evil'', a la Oblivion. Gothic 3 attempts to cloud the issue. The orcs aren't necessarily the evil ones in this game. The storyline is original, if not the characters.

I am amaze at the fact that you can LIVE with a buggy game. You are a customer and yet you accept a subpar product. If that was a car or a computer you would demand your money back. You see, this is the attitude that foster bad programming philosophy of
"What the heck, just ship, they buy it, they complain and we fix it later"

All software has bugs. Fact of life. Do I get my money back on Windows because internet explorer crashes every now and then? No, I do not. Why then, do I continue to use it? Because it is among the best available.

Gothic 3 is the same. There are very few RPG's being made these days, and fewer still which I consider to be worth playing at all. As such, any developers pushing a product which I like - even if it is not perfect - should be encouraged.

And since you've worked on software, you'll know that "What the heck, just ship, they buy it, they complain and we fix it later" is a management philosophy, not a programming one. You can bet that Jowood pressured Pirhana Bytes into meeting an unrealistic deadline, probably so that they could have the game out before NWN2 and the 'holidays rush' of new games.

dabomberman

Novice
The_Nameless_Prick said:
dabomberman said:
The_Nameless_Prick said:
dabomberman said:
is there a moderator in the house or is this a forum where you can freely insult each other.

I suggest you do a little research before posting on the Codex. You motherfucking cocksucking piece of dogshit :wink:
Ah, judging by this post, this forum is run by high school kids on drugs. May be a bar of soap might help your ability to speak without using your MTV dictionary.

You can say FUCK, COCK, and SHIT on MTV? OH YEAH! i knew that. I watch mtv all day, btw. The only reason i take drugs is to soothe my rage that i get when people like you stain our precious forums, jagoff. Oh yeah, AND to help me study for my high school math exams, dumbass. Oh I'm sorry, did I say dumbass?? Is THAT too BEAVIS & BUTT-HEAD?? Damn, i gotta stop watching MTV 1 and 2 while carving soap. Didn't you suggest i should EAT the soap? Thanks but NOPE, the MTV logo and rolled joints are much funner to sculpt from soap than eating it.
Hmm, I believe you have a psychological problem. Do they show Dr Phil on MTV as well? If not I recommend you to seek professional help with your inability to form proper sentences without resorting to foul language.
Furthermore, I do not recalled that this forum is owned by a certain group of individuals like yourselfs. Especially when, there is no "lock" upon registering for this forum. So as a tip, you might need to lock this forum or put a sign up welcoming trailer-trash, pimple face high school kids.

dabomberman said:
The_Nameless_Prick said:
dabomberman said:
The_Nameless_Prick said:
dabomberman said:

Hmm, I believe you have a psychological problem. Do they show Dr Phil on MTV as well? If not I recommend you to seek professional help with your inability to form proper sentences without resorting to foul language.
Furthermore, I do not recalled that this forum is owned by a certain group of individuals like yourselfs. Especially when, there is no "lock" upon registering for this forum. So as a tip, you might need to lock this forum or put a sign up welcoming trailer-trash, pimple face high school kids.

So, you have a degree in Psycology TOO? Wow, a game designer that is a therapist who can assume we are all white-trash zit-faced high-scool kiddies. The aura of respect you shine is so overwhelming i think i need a therapist to help me forget about your presence.

dabomberman

Novice
Vault Dweller said:
Oh come on, the last time I heard that type of come back was 15 years ago, when I was still in High School. To answer your question, yes. I have been in contact with quite a few people who hurt their head thinking up a better reply. So head my advice and don't bother.

Vault Dweller said:
A good computer is defined by its processing and memory storage part. For a game to run, it need high number of ram for fast memory access while at the same time high processing power to handle high number of calculation. I very much doubt a dual core Fx60 with a high end gfx card is consider a low processing power.
So although those things I listed does not comprise a computer, they are the core component that determine between a high performance computer and a low performance one.
If you want to be nitpicky, taken into consideration that my computer can run an FX60, the bus speed of the motherboard have to by quite fast don't you.

Vault Dweller said:
Attack the post? Oh, you mean that idiotic one-liner presenting your conclusions that the programming is poor and that the programmers are lazy?
You tend to use that quite a bit don't you? "one-liner". No I have my reason to believe that it is indeed poor and lazy programming. I do realize the low number of staff they have and given the time-frame, it is not surprising to fudge some aspect. In comparison to a more popular title such as Oblivion which manage to run on the PC with lower spec, the best conclusion is that these guys are lazy.
Why are they lazy? In software engineering, the more you optimize your code, the lower the system requirement. I have seen a full 3d game using dx90c with sound and music with less than 92kb. If you want to learn more about efficient programming go to www.demoscene.org and you will be amaze at how efficient these programmers are. Gothic 3 programmers are not efficient and do not optimize their code thus needing excessive amount of resources.

Vault Dweller said:
Really? Well, let me introduce myself then. I'm an admiral and supreme commander of a space fleet orbiting the Earth. As we speak! Dun-dun-dun!
Yes and pray tell me when will you be graduating from elementary school? Next year?

Vault Dweller said:
As you can see, silly earthling, my credentials like totally own your credentials, so why don't we leave the credential business alone?
Because you doubt what I say without even bother to realize that is not to point of the post.

Vault Dweller said:
Moderation in this forum? The prior post replying to me seem like it has been writing by someone who is in jail, frustrating with the excessive amount of backdoor sex he received.

Vault Dweller said:
I will try hard to learn the art of proper arguments from you. I shall meditate for weeks trying to achieve the clarity and elegance expressed in "Joowood is the producer, not the developers."
Did you know that sarcasm, is the last effort to have form a proper rebuttal?

dabomberman said:
The prior post replying to me seem like it has been writing by someone who is in jail, frustrating with the excessive amount of backdoor sex he received.

You'd know THAT from experience too, doc??

Micmu

Magister
dabomberman don't waste the bandwidth, you ruined everything with:
And believe me, I have played alot of games and programmed alot of big titles.
Have a nice day, kid, and next time don't try it so hard. :lol:

dabomberman

Novice
VenomByte said:
I'm not saying you know nothing of it. You're just choosing to give a perfectly good game an obscenely low score essentially because it isn't polished enough to your liking.
Well, that is my opinion. I doubt that it is an obscene score because with the quality control I have at my work place, such product would never even pass an alpha-test let alone implemented into production and sales.
VenomByte said:
Can't really comment since I haven't played a Melee character yet. I'm sure someone else will.
You have not? The first weapon is a sword. How is it possible that you never even used a sword in the entire game?

VenomByte said:
Unoriginality is 'Good Vs Evil'', a la Oblivion. Gothic 3 attempts to cloud the issue. The orcs aren't necessarily the evil ones in this game. The storyline is original, if not the characters.
Granted that the storyline different from the same crap lately. Despite that, the game mechanics, game play is anything but revolutionary.

VenomByte said:
All software has bugs. Fact of life. Do I get my money back on Windows because internet explorer crashes every now and then? No, I do not. Why then, do I continue to use it? Because it is among the best available.
You see, that is where you are totally incorrect. Software bug is not a fact of life. Otherwise, streetlight control would fail often, plane guidance system will fail often and life support system will cause death. The "fact of life" that you are perceiving is the something that the mass produced software industry has forced you to believe. By mass produced software I am refering to Ms WIndows, Photoshop, and other off-the-shelf product. However, if you are looking at contract based software such as defense contract, financial analysis system, software bug are NOT tolerated.
The reason you cannot return your copy of ms windows is because you already agree to m$ licence. Once you clicked accept you void any consumer right to sue the company for any bad product. Notice that you do not do that for any type of product such as cars, TV, etc.

VenomByte said:
Gothic 3 is the same. There are very few RPG's being made these days, and fewer still which I consider to be worth playing at all. As such, any developers pushing a product which I like - even if it is not perfect - should be encouraged.
NO it should not be encouraged. What SHOULD be encouraged is a good, high quality game. What customer like you are doing is encouraging producers like JooWood to pressure developers like Pirahna to release half-baked games just to make a quick buck. The more you support bad games, the more they produce it. And this is the reason why game industry as the WORSE quality software in any software field. Because consumer ACCEPT it. The same logic applies with the movies and music industries where they release what ever crap they can come up with and shove it down your throat to buy it.

VenomByte said:
And since you've worked on software, you'll know that "What the heck, just ship, they buy it, they complain and we fix it later" is a management philosophy, not a programming one. You can bet that Joowood pressured Pirhana Bytes into meeting an unrealistic deadline, probably so that they could have the game out before NWN2 and the 'holidays rush' of new games.
Yes, I DO realize that JooWood is the main driver behind this poor quality. However, it is about integrity. Would you put your name on a car that doesn't have breaks know that it would kill someone? NO! Why? Because your NAME is on the line. Piranha is becoming a company that most game developers look down upon at the moment. Why? Because after 3 titles, it still have no control over its product quality.
However, it served no purpose in pointing fingers. The end result is that the game is abysmal. I bought it and return it the next day to the shop.

dabomberman

Novice
The_Nameless_Prick said:
dabomberman said:
The prior post replying to me seem like it has been writing by someone who is in jail, frustrating with the excessive amount of backdoor sex he received.
No, sometimes in life you can form a logical conclusion without having to experience it. For example: If you get shot by a gun in the head, you will die. There is no need to experience that to know that.
In your case, it was very easy to come up with that conclusion.

suibhne

Erudite
When's System Shock 2 coming out, bomberman? And will it have the same "pay-to-play" approach as Need for Speed? That'll be TEH AWESOME.

dabomberman

Novice
micmu said:
dabomberman don't waste the bandwidth, you ruined everything with:
And believe me, I have played alot of games and programmed alot of big titles.
Have a nice day, kid, and next time don't try it so hard. :lol:
Hmm, let me see, I've been in the game industry for at least 15 years since graduation. So that would make me mid 30?
Unless you are older than that, please refrain from calling other people kid. It make you very weak using age as an insult. Come back with a better one.

dabomberman

Novice
suibhne said:
When's System Shock 2 coming out, bomberman? And will it have the same "pay-to-play" approach as Need for Speed? That'll be TEH AWESOME.
It will come about by easter. We are currently undergoing rigorous, validation testing. I cannot reveal anymore as my job is on the line.
I can tell you that my work with NFS was with a different company so not all the same business model applies *wink*

dabomberman said:
The_Nameless_Prick said:
dabomberman said:
No, sometimes in life you can form a logical conclusion without having to experience it. For example: If you get shot by a gun in the head, you will die. There is no need to experience that to know that.
In your case, it was very easy to come up with that conclusion.

because you know what it's like. You must have some experience in that matter, or you would not know the mindset you would be in if it did happen to you, that is, ACCORDING to you. Because i cuss often, that automatically make me an ass-raped convict. That sounds like to me the punishment your father gave you for swearing when you were a kid was a good old ass-raping. I don't know for sure, but it was easy for me to come up with THAT conclusion.

Vault Dweller

Developer
dabomberman said:
You tend to use that quite a bit don't you? "one-liner".
I do, when I reply to one-liners. Do you really expect a thoughtful reply when you post "this game crashes on my computer - the developers suck!"? No, seriously?

No I have my reason to believe that it is indeed poor and lazy programming.
And finally you are sharing them with us. Well, better late than never, I suppose.

I do realize the low number of staff they have and given the time-frame, it is not surprising to fudge some aspect. In comparison to a more popular title such as Oblivion which manage to run on the PC with lower spec, the best conclusion is that these guys are lazy.
See, you are acting stupid again. First you acknowledged that it was a small team, then you quickly compared it to Oblivion, which had 5 times more people, and declare that the Gothic 3 guys, who have managed to make a much better (in terms of gameplay) game are lazy. WTF?

Gothic 3 programmers are not efficient and do not optimize their code thus needing excessive amount of resources.
I'm sure that you would have done a much better job.

Yes and pray tell me when will you be graduating from elementary school? Next year?
Sadly, my graduation days are long over. I'm 36.

Because you doubt what I say without even bother to realize that is not to point of the post.
If it's not the point, why did you bring it up?

Moderation in this forum? The prior post replying to me seem like it has been writing by someone who is in jail, frustrating with the excessive amount of backdoor sex he received.
Sadly, I have to agree with you here. People who swear just because they can annoy me.

Vault Dweller said:
Once again, proper rebuttal to what? To the fact that Jowood is not a developer? To your silly belief that publishers do not affect quality of games?

Vault Dweller

Developer
dabomberman said:
suibhne said:
It will come about by easter. We are currently undergoing rigorous, validation testing. I cannot reveal anymore as my job is on the line.
Don't forget to optimize the code. You don't want to end up like the Gothic 3 developers.

dabomberman

Novice
Vault Dweller said:
I do, when I reply to one-liners. Do you really expect a thoughtful reply when you post "this game crashes on my computer - the developers suck!"? No, seriously?
AH but I got the whole post worked up again before I post my reason. That's the beauty of discussion.

Vault Dweller said:
See, you are acting stupid again. First you acknowledged that it was a small team, then you quickly compared it to Oblivion, which had 5 times more people, and declare that the Gothic 3 guys, who have managed to make a much better (in terms of gameplay) game are lazy. WTF?
I never said it was entirely their fault. When you work on a project to a tight deadline, there is a tendency to be lazy about a particular aspect of your job because you might not have enough time to complete another job. Thus they are lazy in terms of the work produced but not by choice in term of management. There is a difference. Not all laziness implies an extreme negative connotation. In this case, I can safely bet that they do not have the time to optimize their code and properly test their software. When a product fail, who do you usually blame? The management!!!! As a customer, you tend to only see one thing. Why isn't the product not delivered to a proper standard? WHo is at fault? The developers for writing the software? or the Producer who supply and paid for the development cost.

Vault Dweller said:
I'm sure that you would have done a much better job.
Yes I would. In their position I would indicate the flaw in the design and if there is pressure from management, I would quit. Imagine with a small team and a person quit, how big of an impact that would have to the software? EXTREMELY BIG IMPACT? Why? not only would it cause other developers to reconsider their position, it would smack the publisher in the face about the integrity of the developing company.

Vault Dweller said:
Sadly, my graduation days are long over. I'm 36.
THen I apologize for my prior rudeness. However, you did fool me with your childish outburst. I gather you are very sympathetic towards the company and tend to be bias.

Vault Dweller said:
If it's not the point, why did you bring it up?
I brought it up to support my claims so that people do not think I am not qualified to make judgment. It is a normal tactic in a debate to backup your credentials before your opponent hit you back with the "how the f*ck do you know?"

Vault Dweller said:
Sadly, I have to agree with you here. People who swear just because they can annoy me.
Then we are agree on something. that is a good start

Vault Dweller said:
Once again, proper rebuttal to what? To the fact that Jowood is not a developer? To your silly belief that publishers do not affect quality of games?
Usually you do not have to present a rebuttal to a fact. Fact is there to back up a claim or an argument. You should in this case rebuke the argument. I take it that there has not been any heated intellectual discussion in this forum before.

Vault Dweller said:
Don't forget to optimize the code. You don't want to end up like the Gothic 3 developers.
Oh you can be sure our code is optimized.

Susan's twin

Novice
dabomberman said:
Vault Dweller said:
Oh come on, the last time I heard that type of come back was 15 years ago, when I was still in High School. To answer your question, yes. I have been in contact with quite a few people who hurt their head thinking up a better reply. So head my advice and don't bother.

Êtes-vous disposé à faire une différence ? Êtes-vous avez-vous préparé pour devenir une partie de quelque chose de grand, quelque chose de final ? Fatigué d'être froncé les sourcils au moment par le reste du codex ? Préparez pour embrasser le futur ? Êtes-vous disposé à cesser la signalisation ?

Vous voyez, nous êtes fatigué d'un régime régulier d'idéotie, de fanboys trop zélés, tragiquement d'imbéciles féconds et de reste des horreurs nefandous du nouveau Codexers. Nous sommes fatigués d'être témoin du déclin perpétuel d'un emplacement que nous jugeons cher. Nous sommes fatigués d'être gomme baisés par l'idéotie de la majorité générale de vous des sèches.

Tu comprehende? Oui? Ampèreheure, parfait. Nous avons juste la chose que vous avez besoin. Un stimulant ? Nope. Euthanasie ? Nope. Espoir ? Chose sûre, bébé. Vous voyez, I, Le Twin de Susaine !, AM avec ce poteau invitant vous, le negroid fini, à sauter le bateau sur cette ruche misérable de villainy et à embrasser un futur de ne pas visiter le codex. En effet, avoir waided à mi-corps dans le lac de la merde qui est le codex que j'ai vu beaucoup d'horreurs, les choses qui vont bosse la nuit, mais j'ai également noté qu'un choisi peu de ses membres est en possession d'un grand intellect de manque qui je me sens pourrais nous pourrais faire en dehors.

Rien disponible par moment ; cessez de signaler aujourd'hui !

dabomberman said:
Vault Dweller said:
A good computer is defined by its processing and memory storage part. For a game to run, it need high number of ram for fast memory access while at the same time high processing power to handle high number of calculation. I very much doubt a dual core Fx60 with a high end gfx card is consider a low processing power.
So although those things I listed does not comprise a computer, they are the core component that determine between a high performance computer and a low performance one.If you want to be nitpicky, taken into consideration that my computer can run an FX60, the bus speed of the motherboard have to by quite fast don't you.

Pari vous dites cela à tous les gamers homoerotic de RPG que vous rencontrez.

dabomberman said:
Vault Dweller said:
You tend to use that quite a bit don't you? "one-liner". No I have my reason to believe that it is indeed poor and lazy programming. I do realize the low number of staff they have and given the time-frame, it is not surprising to fudge some aspect. In comparison to a more popular title such as Oblivion which manage to run on the PC with lower spec, the best conclusion is that these guys are lazy.
Why are they lazy? In software engineering, the more you optimize your code, the lower the system requirement. I have seen a full 3d game using dx90c with sound and music with less than 92kb. If you want to learn more about efficient programming go to www.demoscene.org and you will be amaze at how efficient these programmers are. Gothic 3 programmers are not efficient and do not optimize their code thus needing excessive amount of resources.

Ça alors, vous êtes vraiment tout à fait le pérégrin, hein ? Été perché fortement placé sur votre aire montante vous de temps en temps attaque surprise avalez pour attaquer dessus qui que ce soit que s'avère justement flâner près. En effet, été perché fortement placé sur votre montagne de la supériorité, nous observant plébébiens par votre regarder-verre de buttfuck. Vous me dégoûtez, nègre.

dabomberman said:
Vault Dweller said:

Ho ho! Accusations d'immaturité ? Waggleux non votre doigt à d'autres quand vous êtes tout à fait le :subhuman: vous-même.

dabomberman said:
Vault Dweller said:

Est-ce que ceci vous étonne vraiment? Les mensonges que vous vous répandez constamment sont en avant assez pour inciter n'importe quel homme raisonnable à douter de votre mot.

dabomberman said:
Vault Dweller said:

Pourquoi vous trouvez-vous? Les habitants du codex sont environ aussi mûrs simplement que vous en sont susceptibles de rencontrer sur l'Internet. À peine tous sheeps noirs à trouver parmi eux.

dabomberman said:
Vault Dweller said:

Telles sont l'horreur de la guerre, mon enfant.
che.gif

dabomberman

Novice
Susan's twin said:
.... too much french word ...
[
I am sorry but I don't speak french. May be you could rephrased that in english so we can have a proper discussion.

dabomberman

Novice
The_Nameless_Prick said:
because you know what it's like. You must have some experience in that matter, or you would not know the mindset you would be in if it did happen to you, that is, ACCORDING to you. Because i cuss often, that automatically make me an ass-raped convict. That sounds like to me the punishment your father gave you for swearing when you were a kid was a good old ass-raping. I don't know for sure, but it was easy for me to come up with THAT conclusion.
I thought to myself, should I continue to feed the troll but then hey. you are amusing so what the heck.
In replying to your question although there is a lack of a question mark, I would have to say.

NO!

Very simple 2 letters word NO!

NO! I don't know what it is like.
NO! I don't have any experience in the matter
NO! My father did not sexually harass me when I was young. Otherwise I would be a very angry young man wouldn't I? Very much like yourself.

So since you DON"T KNOW for sure, then you should be glad that I just corrected your uncertainty. Now be on your way and find another subtle comeback before you post will be found under google keyword of "retard"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom