Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Gothic 3 trashed at Rewired Mind - 2/10

Gambler

Augur
Vault Dweller said:
What you see in this thread is an entirely different matter of people acting absolutely retarded.
The problem is that we see such things in other treads as well. And if you're on a grand quest to bring justice to all who acted dumb, than you sure skipped a lot of people.

Besides, why do you need to use admin powers in an argument with a moron? What do you achieve? It it pointless and in the long run it makes things only worse.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Gambler said:
Vault Dweller said:
What you see in this thread is an entirely different matter of people acting absolutely retarded.
The problem is that we see such things in other treads as well. And if you're on a grand quest to bring justice to all who acted dumb, than you sure skipped a lot of people.
A lot of people act dumb, but what we've seen in this thread is outstanding stupidity that goes above and beyond the ordinary. I don't watch and participate in all threads, so perhaps I missed some good applications for the title. Feel free to point them out in the future, if you care.

Besides, why do you need to use admin powers in an argument with a moron?
I don't. I slapped the title *after* the discussions were over as a recognition of all that hard work each person did to ignore common sense at every step.

What do you achieve?
Are we here to achieve anything?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Volourn said:
This is about me.
I presume you mean "isn't"?

Volourn said:
Again, it's not about me or my Dumbfuckery title. I *earned* that tile, and I wear it with Pride.

Volourn said:
This entire thing started because the guy (and the other guy you are 'threatening') posted that he didn't like G3. He given reasons why. Things got ehated, and both of you post dumbfuckery things. The bottom line is he's anti G3, and that is just EVIL in your eyes, and is auto dumbfuckery.

Face it, you just pulled an NAM - a site you were just in a HUGE war of words with. LOL

dabomberman said:
And believe me, I have played alot of games and programmed alot of big titles. This game isn't worth the pirating let alone the purchase.

dabomberman said:
Stauff said:
P.S. May be you can name us your big titles, eh?
Sure, heard of the Need For Speed series? How about System Shock? Oh and the new one that is coming up, System Shock 2.

dabomberman said:
Vault Dweller said:
And believe me, I have played alot of games and programmed alot of big titles.
Of course you did.
I don't question your ability to think, neither should you question my credential.
Irrespective of the Gothic 3 argument, that right there deserves a dumbfuck. I don't mind developers coming here but kids who bullshit about working hard on an "upcoming game" which was actually released 7 years ago, get dumbfucked.

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
baby arm said:
Face it, you just pulled an NAM
I think now, looking back, we did not fight the enemy, we fought ourselves - and the enemy was in us... The war is over for me now, but it will always be there - the rest of my days.
Never forget
icon_salut.gif

baby arm said:
Face it, you just pulled an NAM
I think now, looking back, we did not fight the enemy, we fought ourselves - and the enemy was in us... The war is over for me now, but it will always be there - the rest of my days.

Platoon= great fucking movie.

Gambler

Augur
Vault Dweller said:
A lot of people act dumb, but what we've seen in this thread is outstanding stupidity that goes above and beyond the ordinary.
Open some late anti-oblivion thread and you will see plenty of people acting like Ave.

I don't watch and participate in all threads, so perhaps I missed some good applications for the title. Feel free to point them out in the future, if you care.
Why would I want to do that? If I think someone acts dumb, I can simply tell him or her exactly that. (Which probably would be pointless anyway.)

I slapped the title *after* the discussions were over as a recognition of all that hard work each person did to ignore common sense at every step.
Again, what's the point? You can't fix anything by labeling. Entertainment? Well, it's the same kind of "entertainment" Volourn usually provides in huge amounts, not a good kind at all.

Are we here to achieve anything?
I hope so, I hope it's not a one huge unconscious process.

denizsi

Arcane
At least my Dumbfuck title was earned thropugh true blue Dumbfuckery...

I think Volourn might just be jealous that dabomberman got the title so fast, in just under 19 posts.

Open some late anti-oblivion thread and you will see plenty of people acting like Ave.

Plenty of people to be dumbfucked!

Maybe, someday, someone will make it his or her personal quest to purge all dumbfuckery and these titles will act as beacons, or..

Just that some of the dumbfucked ought to be insecure meat bags and the title will discourage them from further posting.

Note that dabomberman hasn't posted ever since the SS2 fact has been slapped on his face.

Also, I still believe that a forced link from the dumbfucked to the thread of dumbfucking would be great.

suleo

Scholar
Wow, I stay away from this site for a couple of days and miss all TEH FUN!

I think there should be a ranking system for negative tags as well. "Dumbfuck!!!" is starting to become commonplace, and "illiterate" seems like a poor substitute. At the very least, there should be titles like "retardomeister", "ISO 9001 certified bozo", "Lollerman" etc.

And of course, special titles such as "The Roofler" for special people...

octop8

Novice
This may sound unbelievable to many people, but I played almost the entire first half of Gothic 3 on a laptop with FX60, 2GB RAM and a GF Go7800 on medium settings (turning down SM to a lower version, 1.4 I think + low vegetation), just the release patch, no .ini tweaks and didn't have any BSODs or memory crashes. Sure there are lags and stutters in places (hey, even HL2 had a stutter problem), but nothing unbearable. Experienced no game-breaking bugs as well. Sure there are bugs, but game is definitely not unplayable.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Oddly enough, despite having some peculiar performance problems, I've experienced absolutely no gameplay/crash bugs for the 15 or so hours I've been playing it. yayXcore

octop8

Novice
20-30 hours - I'm not rejoicing like a juvenile, but using probably a similar system to the bomberman guy, I certainly did not crash within 2 minutes. In fact, I never crashed. Game is def not unplayable as many people are claiming everywhere, certainly not to the extent of there not being enough patches in "PC gaming history" to fix, to quote the RewiredMind review.

graffty

Novice
When the reviewer realized he actually had to think it probably sent him into a rage, 2 out of 10, just shows the maturity lvl of the reviewer and the site for that matter, probably a bunch of children and when something isn't SPOON FEED to them they have a meltdown and throw a tantrum.

Checked out Rewiredmind and what a joke of a site, locking threads, ninja nerfing. They are rewired all right and not in a positive way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom