Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Gothic Dark Mysteries 2.02 English

Discussion in 'Piranha Bytes' started by Aholf Ditler, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Aholf Ditler Novice

Aholf Ditler
    [​IMG]

I bring you the google translation of Dark Mysteries 2.02 to English thanks to (Lord Sargon from world of player.de that do so a useful utility for translate mods from russian to another language).
    Sorry for my confusion, and many thanks for the translation.
    (this version is more stable than the last 1.04, add new content and resolve a lot of important bugs).
    Also I included so all the necessary for a great visual modification in Gothic.
    All necessary is in the file that I have put here: https://mega.nz/#!JIxBGIyK!dtQTtR5u3isCEqAs3DnGczTSJjHActJRdoCFMrpsgqs

In a clean version of Gothic 1.08, you need to install first the Systempack 1.7, playerkit 1.08, playerkit 2.8,
    copy the content of GD3D11 to the main gothic folder and later install the archives of Dark Mysteries 2.02 and Speech in polish.
    Later copy all the content of Dark Mysteries 2.02 english in Gothic folder,
    you can add so the Texture pack by Artemiano and the Fixed head models by Carnage, dezipping and copying both in Gothic\Data folder.
    For play run Gothic Starter and select your level of difficulty.​

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    • Brofist x 8
    • Salute x 4
    • Bad Spelling x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • meh x 1
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. jarmaro Arbiter

jarmaro
    You mean you just pushed all the text into google translator and now it's supposed to be "translated"?

^ Top  
  3. Aholf Ditler Novice

Aholf Ditler
    Me no, Lord Sargon, from Worldofplayer.de.
    I tested it, the translation is correct, also is better than nothing.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    • retadred retadred x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Abhay Savant

Abhay
    Could you please provide a brief explanation about the level of difficulty and the changes brought to the gameplay (based on difficulty settings) in general?

I haven't tried this mod yet. And, I don't want to install the whole mod just to understand the various aspects about the difficulty. That's what I am mainly interested than anything else about the mod.

^ Top  
  5. Alec20 Novice

Alec20
    I rather liked the mod when I played it a couple of years ago. It pretty much doubled or tripled the amount of content in the base Gothic 1 world, filling in so many of the empty areas. Some of the quests were kinda poor (there was one absolute insane one, where you had to get 150 pieces of meat or something like that?), but for the most part it made replaying the game so much more fun. I can't remember how they changed the gameplay, but I think they used Gothic 2's skill system, rather than G1 mastery system.

^ Top  
  6. Aholf Ditler Novice

Aholf Ditler

The level of difficulty is related to the life and armor of the enemies, the number of skill points you get when you level up and some details of this style.
    I recommend you play in normal.
    The content that adds this mod / expansion is huge, adds more life to the game in the form of new camps, npcs, missions, enemies, armor and objects of all kinds.
    It's for Gothic what night of the raven is for Gothic 2

By the way, all those who care more if I write well English more than the mod that I have bothered to share here.
    You can eat some Zyklon B pills that I have written well

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Junmarko Goomba Patron

Junmarko
    Russian modding community is next level.

:greatjob:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. theabraxusentity Barely Literate

theabraxusentity
    thank you whoever you are for sharing this! I just registered to this site to congratulate you! at last after so many years waiting...
    By the way are these visual modifications compatible with dark mysteries? because i suspect that dark mysteries adds new models-textures like armors?
    moreover you said that a member of the team translated it does it have to do with this : https://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1488505-gothic-1-dark-mysteries-2-02-translation/page2
    or is it an (exciting) coincidence?

^ Top  
  9. Aholf Ditler Novice

Aholf Ditler
    Thank you for the acclaration, i am only a gothic fan like you, very happy with this great mod in the last version translated.
    There were people behind this mod and I wanted to report here and they knew it. I fixed the information in the first post
    I was playing about 4 hours and i dont see any problems with the mod and the visual modifications.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    ^ Top  
  10. Alexandrian Barely Literate

Alexandrian
    I`m so glad that someone else still cares about the english gothic community. Congrats for the translation. If we are still here, can we like, make a community and try to translate the other great russian or german mods ? At least google translated because they are playable like that. This new Legend of Ahssun desperately need and english version.

^ Top  
  11. Alexandrian Barely Literate

Alexandrian
    ^ Top  
  12. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    acshually it's Potato mod
    I know people thing everything east to Germanistan is rusia, whatever

about mod itself - it's harder that original Gothic (mostly additional content) but not to the ridiculous degree like Returning1 for example

Best part was underground cave with female Ancient or whatever were they called, never saw something like that in that engine

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Junmarko Goomba Patron

Junmarko
    Was Borscht expelled in favor of Potato to help establish this separation?

• Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. deama Liturgist

deama
    I played dark mysteries a long while ago (probably version 1.something). I remember it being decent, but it screwed with the vanilla main quest a bit in that after a certain point you become so damn strong that orcs can't even damage you. Though then again, you do have to do a lot of side quests and kill various demi-gods and demi-animals to attain that power.
    I think overall it was kinda fun, you should definitely not play it as your first mod though, it's more of a "second playthrough" type of mod.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. theabraxusentity Barely Literate

theabraxusentity
    I returned to warn some players!
    Reading deama's words i do not like a game to be easy, so i have played this mod in hard difficulty. Unfortunately it is very unbalanced. I am level 16 with heavy ore baron's armor and 140 strength equipping a top two handed weapon "the troll fist" and i can't even damage a skeleton scout! Even trying to kill a lurker is difficult you are doing a little damage, while it kills you with 3 hits. Now i am stuck! I am in chapter 3 and i cannot pass the orc cemetery because of the enemies. I even tried a trick. I copied my saved game of the "hard" difficulty folder in the save of the "normal" difficulty folder and run the normal version at "gothic starter" well the save loaded normally but unfortunately no changes in difficulty! I even used marvin to increase my strength and dexterity to 500 and my hitpoints to 1000 and guess what! You are still in the mercy of the enemies! So do not play it in hard.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Aholf Ditler Novice

Aholf Ditler
    Thanks for the advice, fortunately im playing in normal. i think that the normal mode is the most balanced.

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. GleamingMite Barely Literate

GleamingMite
    I want to thank you for the files and mega link. I have played english version 1.04 and it was quite buggy. I wish I found this thread but it is not a first hit in a google search for this mod. A real shame. :salute:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.