Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Gothic remake from THQ Nordic

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://twitter.com/gothicthegame/status/1762160687944437818
This infernal creature, stands as the final trial for those seeking an audience with the necromancer Xardas.Demons are servants of Beliar, the God of darkness, hatred, and destruction. You can encounter them in the Sleeper Temple or summon them through the mastery of dark arts.
GHRzvVdWIAAEnnm

I am sure they will balance the upgraded graphics with some other modern goodness....

"Diego: We have 3 factions in the Colony: The Old Camp, The New Camp, and The Bear Fuckers."
"Sleeper: I wasn't just sleeping you know, I was transitioning to my True Gender!"
"Click on the icon to summon other players from Internet to help you fight this Night Beast"
"Nameless prisoner: where are all the bloodflies, scavengers, and field raiders? Diego: Eh, they went to the pro-Palestine demonstration..."

PanteraNera

Arcane
I am sure they will balance the upgraded graphics with some other modern goodness....

"Diego: We have 3 factions in the Colony: The Old Camp, The New Camp, and The Bear Fuckers."
"Sleeper: I wasn't just sleeping you know, I was transitioning to my True Gender!"
"Click on the icon to summon other players from Internet to help you fight this Night Beast"
"Nameless prisoner: where are all the bloodflies, scavengers, and field raiders? Diego: Eh, they went to the pro-Palestine demonstration..."
While you are joking, as a German I can say ... that is more likely than you think.
Germany is quickly & aggressively becoming one of the wokest countries in the world, the governments heavily supports & promotes it.

Spike

Educated

While you are joking, as a German I can say ... that is more likely than you think.
Germany is quickly & aggressively becoming one of the wokest countries in the world, the governments heavily supports & promotes it.
:decline:

thesecret1

Arcane
Remember the orc slave you meet in the game? Expect a 15 minute lecture on why humans deserve genociding for that from noble orcs

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

Gothic is a Polish game, fuck off

Rhobar121

Scholar

The effect of not bombing Germany every 50 20 10 years. On the other hand, 2 bombs caused the birth of anime, so I don't know what's worse.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Article from Polish CD-Action gaming magazine. Nothing interesting in the text though, besides perhaps a mention of new quests - to join New Camp you will have to participate in raid of Old Camp's convoy. A few screenshots that might have not been released anywhere else though, or at least I haven't seem them.

20240307-162103-HDR.jpg

20240307-162120-HDR.jpg

20240307-162129-HDR.jpg

20240307-162137-HDR.jpg

notpl

Arbiter
HOW is there still no gameplay footage of this shit? The original game was made by 11 dudes in two years or so.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
We've already seen some in-game footage and this current version of the game, probably started development in the 2nd half of 2020

As to why AA and AAA games nowadays take longer to make, it's simply more expensive nowadays and the bar for production "quality" is more demanding

Jinn

Arcane
The only reason I have a modicum of interest in this at the moment is because the lead writer of Enderal and Spellforce 3 took up the helm as lead writer on this at some point. Won't mean shit if the Spaniards fuck up the gameplay as much as I think they will, but I at least know the writer has a good couple games behind him.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The only reason I have a modicum of interest in this at the moment is because the lead writer of Enderal and Spellforce 3 took up the helm as lead writer on this at some point. Won't mean shit if the Spaniards fuck up the gameplay as much as I think they will, but I at least know the writer has a good couple games behind him.
It is beyond me as to why they need a writer for a remake though.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
It is beyond me as to why they need a writer for a remake though.
Remake is not a remaster. It will obviously have extra stuff beyond the original

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom