Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline GOTY 2015 Monocle Edition

Best RPG

• Total voters

Kz3r0

Arcane
Here the true Codex poll for GOTY 2015.
The complaints of popamolers and Weeaboos will be ignored.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Age of Decadence and Underrail are anti fun spreadsheet simulators. The interface is horrible, the writing is bad, aesthetics are amateurish. At least Pillars of Eternity had the visual department going for it.
At least Witcher is fun, even though it is not an rpg as you accurately pinpointed.

Jrpgs were good a decade back. Somehow the Japanese think they can keep making the same game giving it different names and keep getting away with it. Jrpgs are dated and obsolete, like text adventures.

LizardWizard

Cipher
If you hate on Underail you're a edgy cocksucking autistic tranny (though the slow walk speed crit is valid I guess but hey alt-tab exists).

Also console port EE's should never be in goty discussion.

Last edited:

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
If you hate on Underail you're a edgy cocksucking autistic tranny (though the slow walk speed crit is valid I guess but hey alt-tab exists).

Also console port EE's should never be in goty discussion.

I agree in the case of DOS since that just made it more superficial and consoley without actually making the game any better at all. But WL2 DC actually fixed the issues with WL2 and made it go from a pretty good game to top 10 of all time crpgs. My top 3 games were AoD, Underrail, and WL2 DC. And honestly, AoD I've played so much over so many years it feels weird voting for it as GOTY.

Aenra

haha, the instant i saw Star Stable up there, i knew DU would 'vote' for it :)

Age of Decadence. Surprise of the decade for me.
EEs should not count, they released properly the previous year, so kudos for keeping it fair (that was a hint [for that other poll])

Shin

Cipher
voted popamole for TW3, just to go against the grain and to be edgy

UR deserves it tho, fuck the slow walking speed

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom