Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

goty 21st century

baronjohn

Cipher
So they stole a bunch of stuff from OFP. Too bad it will still be shit.

Dark Elf

Erudite
Someone immediately create eleven different threads about pizza toppings and then we'll forget that this episode ever happened!

Armacalypse

Scholar
Lumpy said:
Armacalypse said:
Cover system and blind fire?! Holy shit that's so realistic!
It isn't?
Cover systems glue you to walls for no reason, and only serve to hinder you. Atleast it's not the back-to-wall-next-to-doorway type, but it's still pretty silly. There is a duck button for a reason.

Blind fire is blind.

Erzherzog

Magister
Trash said:
No vehicles? Halo has vehicles.

If the Red Orchestra devs axe tanks warfare, I'm going fucking rage. It's what has given RO so much replayability to me. Even if it's not as realistic as I once thought...

MetalCraze

Arcane
Console cover system looks stupid as always, except now in first person. Apart from that what's so special about RO2 anyway (and RO1 for that matter)? Looks like a typical online deathmatch game to me, except without crosshair, you get killed fast and in a most boring overused setting ever.

Luzur

Good Sir
playing as serbs VS kosovo-albanians or some other not-depicted-much war would be a nice change for once.

Kwota

Augur
As I understand new RO will have two modes of play - "relaxed realism" a.k.a. shit that is seen on these movies, and "realistic" which is similar to old RO - from what i know now there ain`t gonna be no minimap and almost no hud indicators and I seriously hope they drop whole cover system idea in this mode too.

MetalCraze said:
Apart from that what's so special about RO2 anyway (and RO1 for that matter)? Looks like a typical online deathmatch game to me, except without crosshair, you get killed fast and in a most boring overused setting ever.

Weapons act very realistic, no bunny hoping and similar shit known from 99% online shooters, gameplay is much more teamplay oriented cause rambo tactics are punished very quickly, much slower pace of the game and high average age of players. I agree that the setting is overused though.

baronjohn

Cipher
Kwota said:
no bunny hoping and similar shit known from 99% online shooters, gameplay is much more teamplay oriented cause rambo tactics are punished very quickly, much slower pace of the game and high average age of players.
So it's like NeoTokyo but without the aesthetic appeal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom