Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gran Turismo 7

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
On both PS4 and PS5? Interesting. I wonder if Sony is kneecapping themselves a bit by doing it this way. Supply issues with the PS5 are likely to be over by the time this comes out and I still don't think there are any worthwhile exclusives on next-gen consoles. This game has the excuse that its been in development for years, but it is interesting to think about.

Perkel

Arcane
Did they fire kaz ? I don't see it recovering if they don't fire him.

Berg DK

Novice
Hoping this gets a pc release at some point, preferably on steam.

Gran Turismo is the only Playstation IP I care about.

Perkel

Arcane
Ok this looks much much better than i expected.

But i still have doubts. On sufrace level this seems to be proper GT game but on other hand i see stuff like "car spins" and it seems like they are going for horizon garbage stuff. Also 400 could be fake number much like GTS 150 was.

For now positively surprised.

Also worth noting is that in Nvidia leak there was GT7 there on PC. So far all geforce leaks were right so hope this one is as well right. GT7 on PC could be real game changer as most of sim racers are on PC instead of console.

Game is now surrounded with controversy. You gotta grind like an idiot. McLaren F1 costs 18.5 mil of in-game credits, if you grind a lot, you get 20 mil in 50 hours of gameplay. Much later if you do not grind.

Game is online only even if in SP. MTX are bound to in-game credits so McLaren F1 costs when bought only 151 Euro.

Long-time hardcore fans are boycotting the game and are fed up with this. GT discord I visit (because of GT5 LAN and GT on PSP) is melting down.

Gran Turismo Planet forums are something else though and breaking down entirely.

https://www.reddit.com/r/granturism...en_f1_and_gt7_pricing_in_general_compared_to/

"It's just like real-life because you wouldn't be able to afford McLaren F1" :lol::lol:

This is blowing up.

Optimist take: more reasons to get GT5 and GT6 servers back up (5 can be played on LAN and 4 has custom servers up) :cool:

Perkel

Arcane
imho it is better for game to have something to look for than to get it in first 5 minutes like in pretty much every other racing game currently. MTX shit aside imho it is a feature not a bug and follows previous GT games modus operandi.

Now lack of real single player this is where game is shit. From what i heard you only get coffe missions and that is it. Whole "single player" down to which in previous games would be stupid break between campaign.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
GT5 had a similar launch, and IIRC the solution they implemented was to multiple the amount of money you earn if you're connected to the internet. Don't think it had a money shop though, so whether or not they'll fix it even after the outcry is anyone's guess.

Such stupidity. Game looked great too.

It's there just buried under pile of useless shit and shitty design decisions. What a reason to actually mod it and set it free from this.

Btw while it is nicely polished, FFB is somehow worse and it is mostly approximation so BeamNG will decimate it soon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom