Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V - Released on PC

Astral Rag

Arcane
I just found that animals can report crimes...
They can indeed, this mod removes that "feature". It's one of the few must have mods IMO.

---DESCRIPTION---
I'm sure everyone who has played GTA V has realized how broken and anti-fun the police can be. This is a mod that attempts to solve all the problems with them while going a little further and enhancing their spawns, the crime and witness system and lots more.

---FEATURES---
-Most crimes (or all of them if you're using the optional file) will now require people to have to call the police on you. This means stealth is now possible, stop them dialing 9-11 and you can kill without worry.
-Stealth in general has been improved. Silencers will reduce the chance of people hearing your gunshots, people won't have super human hearing and sight and stealth melee kills are very under the radar.
-Overhauled all enemy AI to be less accurate and skillful. Gunfights will be a lot more enjoyable without being too easy, enemy accuracy scales with the type of NPC. GANG/POLICE/SWAT/ARMY and whether they are in a helicopter, rolling, running or if their target is driving at high speed.
-One star means one police patrol. It works that way in real life, they don't go all in at the drop of a phone call.
-Female police, lots of new enforcement spawns including the police bike, buffalo, intruder, stanier, army mesas, barracks and crusaders, cargobob, savage and many many more.
-Realistic and enhanced cop responses at each level with the progression [POLICE - POLICE - SWAT - FIB - ARMY]
-No Army version with FIB at 5 stars [POLICE - POLICE - POLICE - SWAT - FIB]
-Increases time at wanted levels. Takes more cop killings to go up a star. (Vanilla threshold version also available)
-Reduces the time it takes to lose cops when hiding (Vanilla time version also available)
-Stops animals reporting crime (Serious)
-Better police weapon loadouts thanks to Yard1
-Police helicopters will now take two minutes (at least) to respawn after being destroyed
-Police will no longer know where you are automatically and will only move towards your last seen position. All helicopters and the army will move towards where you are still but are not magicians, you can still hide.
-NPCs will take longer to dial 9-11
-Police will prefer to take cover and flank rather than rush at you. SWAT, Army and Gang members will still rush your position.
-Hidden evasion timers will now kick in even if the players vehicle is not moving.
-Lots of optional files and options including: Police on street, less aggressive npcs, vanilla thresholds and evasion timers and more.
-Police now require direct line of sight and will prefer to spawn near your last known position
-Tweaks to vehicle speeds of enforcement to balance the above changes

Last edited:

Deleted member 7219

Everything about that merits the name 'douchebag'. The guy narrating it. The music. The pretentiousness of it all. Fuck them so much.

curry

Arcane
GTA V looks so unappealing to me. I've done this "drive around and do whatever" for 3 games already and now there's not even the atmosphere to back it up.

GTAV is easily the best game in the series and the missions are generally more interesting than in the previous games.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Take-Two sends private investigators to GTA5 modder's home - report
Didn't want to "get the lawyers involved".
By Jeffrey Matulef Published 10/11/2015

A couple of alternate Grand Theft Auto Online mods have been shut down by publisher Take-Two. In one case the publisher allegedly sent private eyes to the modder's home to strong arm them into canceling the project.

Back in August Rockstar banned the folks behind a GTA5 mod called FiveM that was supposed to create an alternate online mode for the game that players could mod without fear of a banhammer. The idea was that players would need to own GTA5 in order to access it, so it wouldn't rob the developer or publisher of sales.

At the time Rockstar said that the mod contained "code designed to facilitate piracy" and suspended those involved with its creation.

Now, the founder of that mod has claimed that GTA publisher Take-Two actually sent PIs to their home to intimidate them into shutting down the project. They offered the following statement on the matter on Reddit:

"I just got a pair of PIs at my door claiming to be sent by Take-Two," the modder explained, "handing me a phone with a person somewhere in the UK or US or whatever to 'discuss how to cease my activities with regard to Grand Theft Auto', that 'they know what happened before with Activision and want to not get the lawyers involved at this time', however they 'have tested their legal standing already and are quite certain of their point' and 'aren't willing to accept any solution other than ceasing my activities'.

"Oh, they also 'couldn't disclose any conversations they're having with other modification developers', didn't want to talk about general modification policy as 'it was just about my case' and admitted they 'looked through my source code.'"

Even stranger, Take-Two contacted another modder working on a different alternate GTA online mod, GTA: Multiplayer, with a similar cease & desist.

"Take-Two Interactive Inc. have contacted us and they asked us to stop GTA: Multiplayer, because from Take Two's point of view GTA:MP is a rival of their business," the mod makers said in a statement on the GTA: Multiplayer site. "Grand Theft Auto and all its content is produced by Rockstar Games Inc. and published and owned by Take-Two Interactive Inc. We, as developers, respect other developer's intellectual property and their legitimate interests. Rockstar's developers have invested so much time to create this beautiful game. We have repeatedly stated our position: We are not going to cross this line, we won't damage them. "

"We clearly see that this may not only result in problems for us, the mod creators, it even may result in a Social Club ban for you, and this is something we do not want to be responsible for," the modder added. "We always respected the copyright of others, and we will not stop doing so."

The modder here claimed that they'd been in contact with Rockstar about their mod and that the GTA developer had no problem with it.

"We were in contact with Rockstar Games and got feedback from them. But you have to see that Take-Two Interactive Inc. is the publisher and Rockstar Games only the developer. "

"We have never endorsed piracy, in fact we encouraged the buying of the game and never touched Rockstar Social Club as other modifications did or still do," the mod developer stated.

"All we ever wanted is to increase the experience and gameplay feeling of Grand Theft Auto 5, we tried, we did our best, we were close to a release, but unfortunately we were not able to make it. "

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane
I've been playing with this SweetFX mod, the mod makes nights slighty darker and improves colors and contrast in general. The most important feature however is that it introduces SMAA (Subpixel Morphological AA) to the game which is great because it looks nearly identical to GTA5's MSAA while being far less demanding.

:happytrollboy:

Last edited:
I highly doubt this, SMAA effect is pretty much the same as FXAA except the benefit it has over latter is that it doesn't blur the image. Only thing I use from sweetfx is lumasharpen to kill the blur from TXAA and it looks gorgeus.

Abhay

Augur
San Andreas Streaming Deer Cam

About the Deer Cam:-

San Andreas Deer Cam is a live video stream from a computer running a hacked modded version of Grand Theft Auto V, hosted on Twitch.tv. The mod creates a deer and follows it as it wanders throughout the 100 square miles of San Andreas, a fictional state in GTA V based on California. The deer has been programmed to control itself and make its own decisions, with no one actually playing the video game. The deer is ‘playing itself’, with all activity unscripted… and unexpected. In the past 48 hours, the deer has wandered along a moonlit beach, caused a traffic jam on a major freeway, been caught in a gangland gun battle, and been chased by the police.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
San Andreas Streaming Deer Cam

About the Deer Cam:-

San Andreas Deer Cam is a live video stream from a computer running a hacked modded version of Grand Theft Auto V, hosted on Twitch.tv. The mod creates a deer and follows it as it wanders throughout the 100 square miles of San Andreas, a fictional state in GTA V based on California. The deer has been programmed to control itself and make its own decisions, with no one actually playing the video game. The deer is ‘playing itself’, with all activity unscripted… and unexpected. In the past 48 hours, the deer has wandered along a moonlit beach, caused a traffic jam on a major freeway, been caught in a gangland gun battle, and been chased by the police.
Deers can breathe under water.

typical user

Arbiter
In the past 48 hours, the deer has wandered along a moonlit beach, caused a traffic jam on a major freeway, been caught in a gangland gun battle, and been chased by the police.

It may sound hillarious at first but it is perfectly right in this game. LSPD is full of psychos waiting to go guns blazing on anyone who scratches their car or looks funny.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
So I just bought this bastard and am downloading the 67gig (jesus h christ) install now. Anyone have a list or guide for what mods Make GTAV Great Again?

Deleted member 7219

So I just bought this bastard and am downloading the 67gig (jesus h christ) install now. Anyone have a list or guide for what mods Make GTAV Great Again?

I hear that FOV mods are a must. Other than that, none. The game plays and looks fantastic on the PC.

Modron

Arcane
Not quite going full metro on GTA V but I am waiting for the 20 dollar mark because despite being interested in playing it not such a fan of them focusing entirely on the multiplayer.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Not quite going full metro on GTA V but I am waiting for the 20 dollar mark because despite being interested in playing it not such a fan of them focusing entirely on the multiplayer.

Its been 50% a few times since the summer sale but I kept waiting for a better deal. Anyway it took years for GTA4 to get to $20 so I just took the the 50% off.

SP is worth it though and barely needs any kind of new content (campaign is pretty long, plenty of shit to do). MP is just a cherry on top and is pretty good if you have 3 friends and some free time (you are not gonna need much, since there are only like 5 heists available).

Perkel

Arcane

Online content for single player.

GTA5 is sort of split up between online and offline. In Online you can buy many houses and garages while in main gta you can't. So there is mod for that that gives you ability to buy those in single player. There are few other like that but most of online content is locked behind online (regardless if it even requires multiplayer lol).

There is also Euphoria mod for GTA5. GTA5 almost completely dumbed down euphoria from GTA4.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So I succumbed to the hype and picked this up right at the end of the Steam Sale. I've put 6 hours or so into it and frankly, I'm not getting the love.

Yes, It looks nice and all and I could see the characters and story turning out pretty interesting, but what about the actual game in there? I'm not spoilering this shit but I just literally played a mission where I drove to a shop, bought some clothes and then drove to an office, closed down some pop ups, walked and drove some more and then sat on my sofa and watched TV. Is this what passes for gameplay with kids these days?! Yes, the mission before did involve shooting two people while I was driven around, but so far it's been a lot of pretty tedious driving and walking around while characters talk at each other and call each other 'nigger' all the time.

The getting around just isn't interesting, especially coming from a playthrough of Just Cause 3 (where it is fun to get around the map) and I'm bored of it already! There's stuff to see but it's all just window dressing.

Can I expect things to get a whole lot better or is it always 'drive to yellow dot, watch cutscene, drive some more, maybe shoot something, run from cops and mission passed'? I can't believe this game got so much praise if this is all it is, but when I'm playing something and thinking to myself "am I actually enjoying this or not?" I tend to think it's a bad sign.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom