Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Grand Theft Auto VI - PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S (2025)

SlamDunk

Arcane
https://www.rockstargames.com/VI

Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto VI, Coming 2025 - Take-Two Interactive Software

Take-Two Interactive Software said:
Dec. 4, 2023 - Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto VI is coming to PlayStation 5 computer entertainment systems and Xbox Series X|S games and entertainment systems in 2025.

“Grand Theft Auto VI continues our efforts to push the limits of what’s possible in highly immersive, story-driven open-world experiences,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “We’re thrilled to be able to share this new vision with players everywhere.”

Grand Theft Auto VI heads to the state of Leonida, home to the neon-soaked streets of Vice City and beyond in the biggest, most immersive evolution of the Grand Theft Auto series yet.

smyezb.jpg

Tentatively announced.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/ak73k92o47ko75/grand-theft-auto-community-update

Rockstar Games said:
What’s Next

With the unprecedented longevity of GTAV, we know many of you have been asking us about a new entry in the Grand Theft Auto series. With every new project we embark on, our goal is always to significantly move beyond what we have previously delivered — and we are pleased to confirm that active development for the next entry in the Grand Theft Auto series is well underway. We look forward to sharing more as soon as we are ready, so please stay tuned to the Rockstar Newswire for official details.

On behalf of our entire team, we thank you all for your support and cannot wait to step into the future with you!

- Rockstar Games

Last edited:
we are pleased to confirm that active development for the next entry in the Grand Theft Auto series is well underway. We look forward to sharing more as soon as we are ready, so please stay tuned to the Rockstar Newswire
Sounds like a release in 2022 or 2023.

Last edited:

Ryzer

Arcane
Nobody cares, it will be a multiplayer-focused garbage. GTAV campaign was garbage and the multiplayer was grindy.
Nobody has hope for this.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Nobody cares, it will be a multiplayer-focused garbage. GTAV campaign was garbage and the multiplayer was grindy.
Nobody has hope for this.
Well, I happen to care and that's solely due to the fact that the worlds of GTA V and Red Dead Redemption II are so well made and have been such great, immersive and memorable experiences.

I don't give a rat's ass about the single player campaign, because Rockstar has always sucked at it. There is of course the possibility that the next GTA might finally have a good story and single player campaign, but I seriously doubt it. It's the world of GTA6 that I'm excited and interested about.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Those who expect good GTA game from Rockstar (after 2/3 key founders have left on bad terms) are the same shumks who expect good RPG design from Tim Cain in his next game, or great storytelling from Bioware or Fallout 3 from Interplay

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
MOVE THE FUCK ON! Forget them just like they forgot you

These studios are zombie versions of those who made games you loved with their label on. Would you kiss your gf if she was zombie?!?

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
The greatest mystery for me is why people still like Rockstar games, they are just like you getting to the front of a house, from the outside, it looks like a really good house, but as soon as you pass through the door, you notice it was just some cardboard prop on a scaffolding of styrofoam just made to look impressive from outside but with zero substance in the inside.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
SlamDunk Thanks for info Bro

It's fucking retarded missed opportunity by all publishers of the World that in 10+ years long GTA singleplayer drought NOONE released a single GTA copycat. Maybe I'll make GTA/RPG about life on Belgrade Streets in the 90s. Killer music, style, gangs, war background. What's not to like?! Probably will be released before GTA VI too

Modron

Arcane
After GTA V stripped all the fun side content and just left a handful of boring diversions, collectables, and doubled the install size or more without adding anything to singleplayer, I am only going to get further Rockstar games at 75+% off or probably not at all.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Well, Leslie Benzies and Dan Hauser are both out so the odds of this being good aren't great. GTA written by millennials isn't exactly a
dream come true

i don't get the hate, i enjoyed gta5, 2 characters out of 3 were silly over the top enough, there was stuff to do and the map was gorgeous. miles above gta4, that one *indeed* was terrible, the best thing to do was watching the tv. if you hate 5 this much, you should be out there burning all the copies of 4.

Berg DK

Novice
GTA 5 is one of my favorite games with over 1500 hours on un-modded pc version.

Gta online keeps getting more and more cringe with every update.

RDR2 felt like it was made by people trying to inject their politics and "change the world"
while the original RDR felt like it was made by people that just loved westerns.

Then we have all the people that left and the quality of the recent release of the remastered gta 3 trilogy.

I expect gta6 to be cringy/ broken shit but still better than whatever the fuck the new Saints Row is?!

orcinator

Liturgist
Those who expect good GTA game from Rockstar (after 2/3 key founders have left on bad terms) are the same shumks who expect good RPG design from Tim Cain in his next game, or great storytelling from Bioware or Fallout 3 from Interplay
Clearly this means there's a (slight) chance 6TA might be a good game if the guys who want it to be a movie are gone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom