Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Grand Theft Auto VI - PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S (2025)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I was actually quite surprised they didn't have one in previous games already
IIRC you have like 4 playable female characters in the first GTA, out of eight or something like that...

BruceVC

Magister
Quality satire will never be done in a modern GTA, because 90 % of all type of deranged absurdity in today's american society is the handiwork of today's liberals. And the american entertainment industry (controlled by said liberals) doesn't find it amusing satirizing their peers and the clown show they themselves are responsible for.

And even if someone tried, it would be hard to come up with absurd stuff that hasn't already become normalized in real life.
Dont worry instead you will be getting a bunch of jokes at the expense of Republicans and Christians, you will a mission to stop January 6 like insurrection, one of the bad guys will look like Trump and our sassy latina will constantly comment about immigration while killing ICE agents.
I think you guys are being unnecessarily cynical but this post made me laugh with the "our sassy latina will constantly comment about immigration while killing ICE agents " :lol:

If GTA6 is like this it will be the last GTA6 I ever invest in and Rockstar will be dead to me. And Im not saying it wont happen but I dont believe they will deviate that far radical left

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I wouldn't mind playing a character like Catalina from GTA 3/San Andreas.
I think the gender(s) of the main character(s) will be the least of this game's problems.

Quality satire will never be done in a modern GTA, because 90 % of all type of deranged absurdity in today's american society is the handiwork of today's liberals. And the american entertainment industry (controlled by said liberals) doesn't find it amusing satirizing their peers and the clown show they themselves are responsible for.

And even if someone tried, it would be hard to come up with absurd stuff that hasn't already become normalized in real life.
Dont worry instead you will be getting a bunch of jokes at the expense of Republicans and Christians, you will a mission to stop January 6 like insurrection, one of the bad guys will look like Trump and our sassy latina will constantly comment about immigration while killing ICE agents.
I think you guys are being unnecessarily cynical but this post made me laugh with the "our sassy latina will constantly comment about immigration while killing ICE agents " :lol:

If GTA6 is like this it will be the last GTA6 I ever invest in and Rockstar will be dead to me. And Im not saying it wont happen but I dont believe they will deviate that far radical left

But what about GTA7?

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik

But what about GTA7?
"I don't know what GTA7 will be fought with, but GTA8 will be fought with sticks and stones"
~~ Albert Einstein

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
black with no tits or ass.
is that even possible?
76c38467b342fe9367e7d6a1f39a3e8c.jpg

Ladonna

Arcane

BruceVC

Magister

I'm confused, shouldn't the extremists on the Codex be happy about drag queen erasure? I saw an entire thread complaining that this was being represented in video games earlier.

It's immersive to kill them as Franklin.

I remember them spawning outside the beach toilet block at night too (very apropos). I bet they have been removed as well.

Ladonna arent you a women? And would you like to see a female character in GTA6 or do these things not concern you ?

And if you not a women I apologize for the misunderstanding

Bigg Boss

Arcane
My uncle works at Rockstar. He said this will be the best GTA yet featuring the most diverse cast of characters of any game in the history of games. It will feature 100 endings, 10 characters, 100 missions, and 800 hours of gameplay. Also you get to hang niggers.

Ladonna

Arcane
Ladonna arent you a women? And would you like to see a female character in GTA6 or do these things not concern you ?

I don't care about that stuff. I enjoy being able to act like a clown in these games. If they inject a female character into these games, I am almost convinced they will just make a walking political billboard out of them rather than just a nasty crim type that would fit the bill.

BruceVC

Magister

I don't care about that stuff. I enjoy being able to act like a clown in these games. If they inject a female character into these games, I am almost convinced they will just make a walking political billboard out of them rather than just a nasty crim type that would fit the bill.
I hear you and I can understand your point and concern :cool:

You have to be able to play a certain type of clownish character in GTA games, its more fun

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Playing as a female thug/criminal has the potential to be cool if done right but what we're likely to get is a man with tits and the aforementioned walking political billboard.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Thankfully in the new game the murderers, rapists, and other criminals will be sure to treat with utmost respect all races and genders.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I dont give a flying fuck who or what the protag is, as long as it fits withiin the world, the story, and relatively believeable character and actions.

Is the game fun? Yes? Good, then the rest dont matter much.
You can make any character fun and relateable

typical user

Arbiter
3 protagonists was fresh approach in the series and allowed to tell different story. The only problem were deadlines. Before release Rockstar promised we would get 3 seperate stories intertwined together at key heists but they had to rewrite the story as they lacked the time. That's why it's all about Michael and goverment stunts. If they have 2 then maybe they will be able to pull it off. You can argue 3 characters was biting more than they could chew.

Additionally the char switch mechanism is useful if you crash your plane in the middle of a sea or in complete sticks.

Ezekiel

Arcane

They took her tits away

debra_wilson@mad_tv_05.avi.jpg
At least they removed her ear gauges. Nobody but the people who get gauges like them. You never see them on principal actors. Only time I have seen it on one was in the movie Boyhood, and there it was because the whole gimmick of the movie was following the same child actor as he grows to young adulthood. They had no choice but to film the actor's ugly gauges.

I didn't even realize that was Debra Wilson when I played the game, even though I watched Mad TV as a kid.

I'd be surprised if a new GTA cleaned up its act in any way. GTA isn't Saints Row, it's not some fledgling thing that someone probably thinks won't fly now or needs a direction change to make money today. GTA Online is still a thing today, and it still makes tons of money for Rockstar and Take-Two. The GTA5 PS5 and new Xbox release ended up exceeded the sales expectations Take-Two had for it. Trying to clean up GTA could just ended up fucking with their money. The only way I'd worry about shit being changed, if I was much inclined to give a shit to begin with, is if GTA wasn't making money anymore because their player base was suddenly outraged about it not being PC enough.

If anything I kind of expect this new GTA to push things harder than the last one. Like, take violence in the GTA series; since GTA4 they've kind of pussy outed on violence. Maybe it was the bizarre overreaction the ratings board had to Manhunt 2, but after that game they toned things way down. But, then RDR2 comes along and it's probably the goriest game they've ever made. I'd kind of expect that to stay around for this game.

The only big thing I'd wonder is what the aesthetic will be. From the beginning to GTA4 the aesthetic of the series has always been cartoony. In GTA5 that really shifted away from cartoony into realism. With the huge success of Fortnite, and other things moving toward cartoony again, that'd kind of be a good excuse to fall back into the series previous stylized aesthetic as opposed to staying with realism.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Man, Gay Tony was so fucking good, the opposite of the shit they are gonna pull now.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
I'm soooooo excited for GTA 6, the trainwreck will be MASSIVE.
What exact trainwreck are you implying? Normies not buying/boycotting the game because the game got furthermore normiefied? lol

Stop kidding yourself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom