Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GRAVEN - dark fantasy first person action puzzler from 3D Realms

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh, this is releasing on Early Access today:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1371690/view/3041597566503848066

GRAVEN Dev. Blog #8: Weapons of Destruction

In this dev. blog, Arturo Pahua takes us through the process of designing weapons for our upcoming game GRAVEN.
947d220c97f59c72beb8838f3b1add7f5a23c7b5.png

Hello, my name is Arturo Pahua, and I am a 2D / 3D Artist at 3D Realms / Slipgate Ironworks. Today it's my turn to tell you a bit about the process of creating and designing GRAVEN's weapons, specifically the Peat Burner: an ugly, crude hulk that exists for one reason only: to destroy monsters and leave their ashes stinking.

One of the advantages of working for an independent studio is the synergy that is created with each developer. When there are no corporate divisions, we all have a voice, an opinion, which makes creativity an integral part of the development of our games.

It all starts with an idea for each weapon, which is proposed by one of our Game Leads. Although each weapon fulfills a function, let's say archetypal within the First Person Shooter genre (melee, spread damage, sharp shooter, high rate of fire, etc.) even within the context of the game and constrained by their function at gameplay level, these can be routed in such a way that they are visually unique. That is where I come in.

Throughout my career as a Concept Artist, I have worked on projects of all kinds and with different philosophies and methodologies, from independent productions, with more heart and soul than direction, to AAA productions in which every aspect of the artistic direction is scrupulously designed, and does not leave much space for the own interpretation of the object to be designed. In this way, I have had to adapt to be able to work in all possible techniques, ranging from overpaint to 3D concept work, or mattepainting, which many times ends up drastically moving away from drawing, which is what in the first place made me develop professionally as an artist. Fortunately, the development scheme in GRAVEN (and of all the productions of 3D Realms and Slipgate) is a mixture between flexibility and spontaneity, and organization and communication using management technologies. Therefore, when it comes to working, artists count on with a great creative and interpretation freedom, without neglecting the technical and core aspects of gameplay that the game requires. For this reason, projects like GRAVEN have become my bastion: a small island where I can travel to do something like I used to do as a kid and get away from the most modern methods of work, which would require me to take photos from the internet, create a huge reference sheet, and make a frankenstein concept with various elements. Even though they are respectable and perfectly valid techniques, mine is a bit more like a game that involves memory, instinct and a lot of sketches.
To begin, let's take the description of the Peat Burner:

“A crude wooden device which flings messy bricks of burning peat that stick where they hit and explode."

Rather than go into a browser and type "Peat Burner" and see what comes up, I really like to stimulate my imagination. I read the description carefully, and considering the context of the game, and the defined art direction, I imagine that I am a gunsmith in this world before it went to hell, and that one day, while throwing the waste bucket down the window, I see that the mad lord of the town comes to visit my establishment to manufacture this weapon for him.

I usually prepare five to six drawings, but this weapon is particularly complicated, so my creative process takes longer than necessary. When I already lead a rebellion against the high taxes of the town of GRAVEN in which I live as a gunsmith, I decide to put my ideas into a single sketch, and share it with the team to see if I am on the right track. Although this time there were a couple of mistakes (or happy accidents, as Bob Ross and his cool afro put it)

156672ddb99dbbf21318fd468e5b56fcb63b9e49.png

Although it has a rough design and launches bricks as the description asks for, there is an error that my colleagues point out: the bricks are not literally bricks, but accumulations of manure. In addition, some of our weapons already have this “horizontal” configuration and we run the risk of being repetitive.

Peat Burner 1 - Arturo 0.

In the chat the word "ugly" appears to describe the weapon, also, with the idea that this weapon is, in essence, a poop launcher. I take new courage, while trying to appease my dying inner adolescent with generous doses of old 90s sitcom episodes so he doesn't make me draw nonsense.

The next round of sketches, for practical reasons, was reduced to two proposals, which encompass different philosophies.

56bfcb28d836dbc086694468371416dc14d689b6.png

Proposal 1 is a two-handed weapon with top shuttles, a pressure and ignition system, and a sack containing the poop bricks. It looks somewhat elegant for what it is, but it seems to fit well into the concept of a unique and whimsical weapon, painstakingly crafted by this humble senile and drunken gunsmith. It looks easy to shoot, reload, and animate.

Proposal 2 is a mill that collects bricks from a receptacle at the base, which is fed by the bellows on the left. It doesn't make sense, it's horrible, heavy, rough, dirty, defies the laws of physics, and looks uncomfortable. It is perfect in short.

GRAVEN's setting is grim, and as my colleague Nikola said on his music dev-blog: tragic. What could be more tragic than being burned to death by a weapon based on a poo-throwing mill?

The team loves the second proposal. It's all jubilation and cheers, but it doesn't stop there: now I must refine this baby and make it presentable so that it can be modeled in 3D and put in game.

In other projects, I usually make an approximation (proxi) 3D model, animate the moving parts, and separate the structure. Then I send this model to the 3D artist, who uses it as a base and keeps the proportions intact. For GRAVEN I don't do any of that. I color it in an old-school technical way, partly because it helps to gives it a rough, old, battered effect (very much in the style of the game) and because it's so much fun.

I’m a somewhat minimalist artist. I know all the tricks and fancy effects that can be used in an illustration, but as a general rule I use only 3 layers: Line Art, Color, and Adjustments - although sometimes, in an act of rebellion, I collapse everything and paint without looking back. When the result has enough volume and texture, that's when one of our great 3D artists comes into action; Samuel. He has an incredible talent for interpreting concepts, and making corrections as required, which makes the transition from 2D to 3D easy. If he requires any more views that are not seen in the concept and cannot be deduced, I provide them. Although my résumé says that I know how to draw orthographic views, it has been years that they are not super necessary for some assets, either because I provide the Proxi models or the 3D artist is very good.

This is the finished piece.

25a219f6f1cb33eac12935092281dfc5a5a6d731.png

Thank you very much for reading this little breakdown of my art. I can't wait for you to play GRAVEN and use the bunch of weapons that this humble drunken gunsmith made for a mad lord with great dedication.

Make sure to wishlist GRAVEN on Steam!

Curratum

Game is 10% off on both Epic store and Steam, but on Steam it costs 18.89 EUR and on Epic it's just under 15 EUR.

Schreiber, pls...

geno

Savant
Game is 10% off on both Epic store and Steam, but on Steam it costs 18.89 EUR and on Epic it's just under 15 EUR.

Schreiber, pls...
Must be something about the regional pricing, for me it's also 19€ in Epic.

Curratum

Schreiber is in power-moderator mode, locking topics left and right, it's hilarious.

Might grab it anyway, I got a further 10% discount for owning Wrath and Ion Fury, so why not... I mean, it has to be EXCEPTIONALLY bad not to be worth that money and I don't think they can fuck it up so badly.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

The comments in there make me think Sweeney is on to something for not having forums in EGL. How hard can it be to understand that:
  • Current EA version: 5% of final game
  • Last EA version: 30% of final game
  • Final version: 100% of final game
If they want to avoid spoiling people during the EA period so they do not end up playing a buggy game in piecemeal fashion, it makes sense to keep most of the game hidden.

I do not understand the point of such posts, if someone doesn't want to play an unfinished game why dont they just ignore EA and wait for it to be done? I never bought an EA game, just add them to the pile (wishlist) and wait until they're done, it isn't like there aren't 1894598124 other games out there :-P

randir14

Augur
I bought it because I liked the demo so much. Now I'm expecting it to sit in early access for 2+ years like Ion Fury and Wrath.

Curratum

Top 3 reviews already negative. People complaining about inconsistent pixel density and detail in the textures. That's what you get when you make "procedural pixel art".

Always trying to take shortcuts instead of hiring another texture artist. If you're going to make a retro game, make it properly. It's not like it costs 10 bucks either. I can forgive this sort of thing if it's a two-man indie dev (even though Amid Evil is a 2-man indie dev) but when you're 3D Realms, you should keep face.

Feels like Ion Fury is the only good retro throwback game that came out of Nu3DR. Wrath isn't looking particularly promising so far, even though it's not trash, just not very good either.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

The comments in there make me think Sweeney is on to something for not having forums in EGL. How hard can it be to understand that:
  • Current EA version: 5% of final game
  • Last EA version: 30% of final game
  • Final version: 100% of final game
If they want to avoid spoiling people during the EA period so they do not end up playing a buggy game in piecemeal fashion, it makes sense to keep most of the game hidden.

I do not understand the point of such posts, if someone doesn't want to play an unfinished game why dont they just ignore EA and wait for it to be done? I never bought an EA game, just add them to the pile (wishlist) and wait until they're done, it isn't like there aren't 1894598124 other games out there :-P

The idea of EA was for people to help find bugs and balance issues. What's the point of only accessing 5 to 30% of the game then?

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The idea of EA was for people to help find bugs and balance issues. What's the point of only accessing 5 to 30% of the game then?

Presumably that 30% isn't 30% of the code but 30% of the levels and assets that make up the story, you do not need to have all levels in a game to see if there are bugs or balance issues in a game. Sure there can be some scripting bugs in the parts you do not get to access but most bugs, combat and balancing issues are apparent in games long before you finish one third of them.

It isn't like the game will stop being an FPS (or whatever Graven is) at the 30% mark and become a point and click adventure game.

Curratum

The thing is, the majority of the content you never see may turn out to be of much lower quality overall compared to the 30% you can see in EA.

I'm more against dropping surprise big chinks on players than slowly spoiling the whole game for them in EA. I mean, you know what you sign up for...

Latelistener

Arcane
Don't buy it. It's shit. I've played the demo. These guys are like those cooks who have all the ingredients but can't cook for shit due to the lack of experience and a sense of taste.

Just because they're trying to mimic Hexen and other games in the same vein shouldn't give it a free pass.

DeepOcean

Arcane
The demo was cool up to the moment the combat started, the combat looks like repetitive shit with uninspired encounters.

Curratum

I didn't buy it, reading posts on the hub and reviews, it's too dreary even if I WANT TO BELIEVE. The so-called early access launch also only seems to have a small bit of content more than the demo, which is hilarious.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
The thing is, the majority of the content you never see may turn out to be of much lower quality overall compared to the 30% you can see in EA.

But the same applies if you buy the game while it is in early access - whatever comes after the moment you buy it can be bad. If you are concerned about such a thing why buy the EA version in the first place?

Curratum

I take it I should just get Ion Fury instead if this has put me in the mood for a revival piece.

Ion Fury also has an expansion just around the corner and it will offer "remix" mode, integrating the new enemies and new gun in the main campaign.

The game is not perfect, none of the retro revival shooters are, but it's pretty damn fun, all things considered. I played through it twice and have 37 hours on Steam - more than I have in Dusk and Amid Evil, which are the only other "big" retro shooters that are fully released.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I take it I should just get Ion Fury instead if this has put me in the mood for a revival piece.
Overload is hands down the best "retro revival shooter". Not like it's some big achievement, but it's the only one of these games that checks all the following three boxes at the same time:
1. Genuinely good, enjoyable game.
2. Does actually play like games it's supposed to emulate.
3. Looks like a professional product: nice graphics, music, atmosphere, runs and controls well. Doesn't look like diarrhea or a mod for an old game.

Of course, it's a very specific kind of shooter, so if you don't like Descent and Descent-likes then tough luck.

Curratum

Overload was nice as well, true. Enjoyed it quite a bit. Difficulty spikes for no reason here and there and some very cheap enemies that force you to learn their spawns / locations and cheese even before you hit the highest difficulties, but it is what it is. Descent had Drillers so...

I will only disagree on your last point. Even though Overload had "mosern" visuals, I found them lacking in a number of places and just a bit "cheap" and bland. It wasn't a bad-looking game, just the texture work looked a little too sterile and plain in places.

HansDampf

Arcane
Cheap enemies? Most of the hitscan in Overload are just very fast projectiles. There is no Driller bs like in Descent. Overload is also more generous with health.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1371690/view/3019080202260479063

GRAVEN Early Access Patch #1 is now available!
0b16863b860afe24ef975880effe8e63c892bfe0.png

Thank you all for all of the fantastic feedback we've gotten over the past 5 days.
We're incredibly humbled by all of the feedback, suggestions, and criticism we've gotten this past week, and we truly take it all to heart.

As you might already know from reading this post, we've been hard at work since the initial release, working on a range of issues, features and new content requests.

We're super happy to be releasing the first Patch for GRAVEN.
The update includes a ton of fixes, tweaks and changes.

You can continue playing with your old saves, however you might experience some issues.
Therefore we recommend starting with a fresh profile.

Let's start with a few highlights:
New Features
  • We have enabled a Bug Report Tool - You can use it by pressing the "HOME" button.
  • We have added Key Door and Entry/Exit markers on the Maps
  • Environment Hazards have been added. You can now kick enemies into a Cheval De Frise to kill them
  • Kicking now consumes stamina. Kick impulse has also been increased
  • The Discharge Spell has been added to the game
  • Swamp Gas Hazards have been added. These can be ignited by using the Inflame spell
  • Skeletons are now more deadly. You can now destroy their shield using the Inflame spell.
  • We added proper ultrawide support, using a Ultrawide Correction slider. You can find the option under Graphics options.
  • Added Profile Name in the bottom right of the Main Menu, as well as automatically closing the Profile menu when you select a profile.
  • Added Shiny metal for 3Dfx mode.
  • Fixed Ability to revert scroll wheel.
  • Add a Popup with text, once you talk to the Ferryman after opening the library door, so the players know that this is the end of EA.
Bug Fixes and General Tweaks
  • Saving and Exiting the game, now properly lets you go into the Brine Muskeg
  • The Peat Burner now has a proper description
  • You can now use the Inflame spell while your head is above water
  • You now respawn with 30hp
  • The Blacksmith has been made unavailable, as his main feature - Upgrading Spells and Weapons, wasn't ready yet. Therefore he served little purpose.
  • Number of Barrels and Crates has been limited. Loot drops have been limited from breakables.
  • Enemy Stunlock has been tweaked significantly, so enemies are harder to fight.
  • The Hints for the Turtle Pillar sequence has been placed closer to the Pillar.
  • The location of the turtle door is now hinted in the level.
  • Fixed issue where the game would crash if you spoke to the Blacksmith with a controller connected, or would spawn in a "White box" without any saves.
  • Fixed crash related to killing skeletons.
  • Fixed issue where you would get more than 100% secrets.
  • Added missing animations for Peat Burner's secondary fire
  • H1L2 - Fixed inverted normals on mesh and wooden boards not breaking.
  • Added SFX to new PeatBurner secondary animation montage for alt-fire.
  • Tweaked audio volume level for PeatBrick pickup SFX.
  • Revised EA concluding text.
  • Adjusted resonating breakable material in Lice Slough.
  • Falling through water when hitting geometry while trying to jump out of the water no longer happens.
  • Projectile Range for Deacons and Cuff Arrow Skeletons has been increased
  • Enemies are now overall more agressive, and stunlock less
  • Made it harder to jump out of the boat before you reach the docks
  • Slightly increased the Enemy Kick range. Kicking enemies off ledges is now also a more viable strategy
  • Tweaked turtle key pickup text to lead the player to the water
  • Substantially lowered drop rate values, deleted some drop opportunities entirely.
  • Added double resolution Gargoyle textures to better fit environment density when upscaled in various maps
  • Stripped loot table values from several breakables.
  • Moved Cuff Arrow Pickup to guard just before Brine Muskeg entrance.
  • Updated one of turtle puzzle hints so that there is only one possibility for the bottom piece
  • Revised inventory descriptions to use relative language instead of hard numbers
  • Fixed low lightmap res on intro tunnel and dock tower doorframe.
  • Adjusted flinch, shock, burn values for most enemies available
  • Removed a misleading lore scrap
  • Tweaked inflame range slightly
  • Tweaked inflame particle
  • Tweaked Lichanthropes
  • Player no longer collides with chopped off heads
  • Surfaced blood on 3dfx chrome effect. Added metal mask texture for shortsword
  • Fixed Flying broken bedframe in hub town
  • Changed Concurrency setting for player dirt SFX that plays when landing
  • Fixed main menu broken scale in 21:9
  • Fixed orientation of spell pickup meshes in the UI
  • Improved leap arc / animation playback for the Lichanthrope.
  • Improved range and speed of Peat Totem
  • Decals are no longer projected on to the player model
  • Potions are now limited to 9
  • Fix main menu quit button having wrong localized text
  • Add "Can't pickup" health potions text
  • Fixed pickups disappearing when they can't be picked up but still overlapped
  • H1L2 - Added extra wood structure at the broken staircase fall in Clotted Avenues.
  • H1L0 - Replaced Apothecary house with new mesh.
  • Added more omph to kicking

Furthermore, we're also happy to reveal the full early access roadmap for GRAVEN.
The roadmap reveals what we plan on adding to the game over the duration of early access through 2021.

You can find the roadmap below:
33937ffba49d95e6343746b8cac226f7f155697e.png

We will continue to update the game further based on your feedback, and we're looking so much forward to being able to release the next big Content Update!
Thanks for supporting GRAVEN everyone!

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1371690/view/3005571306978602077

GRAVEN Dev. Blog #9: Of Fire and Blood, the VFX of GRAVEN
87769580be1a9ad1e34a28132ac16a1da41cd0c5.jpg

In this blog, VFX artist Philippe Mesotten takes us through the process behind the distinct GRAVEN look.

Hi there! I’m Philippe Mesotten, GRAVEN’s master of gore, explosions and everything that sparks, a.k.a. VFX artist.

Real time visual effects are not only the cherry on top of everything else, but are also used to better convey gameplay elements towards the player. By combining elements from texturing, modeling, tech-art and animation, you can conjure up all sorts of interesting illusions to breathe life into the game world.

I’ve worked on all kinds of games, ranging from tiny indie to AAA, for all kinds of platforms including VR. But GRAVEN’s artstyle is one I had never tackled before. However, I have fallen in love with it ever since Frederik Schreiber asked me to help Slipgate Ironworks on a new thingy they were brewing.

Working on mostly child-friendly games in the past, the amount of blood & gore, dismemberments, poo-flinging devices and grizzly environments really got me positively triggered!

One of the most obvious things that sets GRAVEN apart from 2021-era games is the old-school pixelated low-res setting.

To get this feel in the particle systems as well, the first and biggest step to take is to have all textures and flipbooks rendered out really small (32x32-128x128 for single sprites and 256x256-1024x1024 for flipbooks) and imported with filtering set to “nearest neighbour”. Setting the filtering to nearest neighbour ensures that the blurry low resolution textures are now rendered out with sharp pixel edges, where each pixel has its own value rather than creating a gradient across multiple pixels.

Another step that adds to that granularity is having several types of particles, like dust, rendered as dithered (masked), instead of translucent or additive.

In the image below you can see the difference between tri-linear and nearest neighbour filtering. The texture itself is of 64x64 resolution and is actually one of the many splatter textures used in GRAVEN.
0e7d634249a7f247c3dcb0fa4d9906ec454fd14c.png

62bc606ec087c986f14a4a86f30a61664efeb4a3.png

Tri-linear vs. nearest neighbor

While at first glance GRAVEN may look oldschool and straight out of the 20th century, the engine it is built in, Unreal Engine 4, comes with a whole battery of cool technology & wizardry! One of those tools that is used for VFX inside of UE4, is Niagara.

b9d7cd14c6e18a8ace2ddf490966e19864804ee2.gif

Old Cascade Inflame

f6c68793c8285c4c45227d0cc78d313c80f72491.gif

New Niagara Inflame

At the very beginning of the GRAVEN project, Niagara itself was still in its infancy and marked “experimental” and thus not ready for production purposes as it was very prone to crash your project or game. So I started out doing several VFX in the old Cascade system, such as the old over the top flamethrower effect for the “Inflame” spell (That is now toned down by a lot, as the Inflame spell should just heat things, not set entire rainforests ablaze) and the Discharge spell. The new Inflame spell is now also done in Niagara.

Now fully transitioned to Niagara, there is a lot more control over what you can do with particles without having to nag the programmers all the time because “Cascade can’t do this...”.

It also gives me the ability to easily expose all sorts of variables that other artists or programmers might want to change down the line.

Some simple and most used examples of such variables are particle color, lifetime, spawn count and scale.

In the images below you can see the variables in Niagara itself on the left, and on the right how an artist or programmer might see these exposed variables when he or she places/edits the Niagara System in the world or a blueprint. (Pretty straightforward!)

5da1fe66b133c6960a30b5b571c9b2ab973fef33.png

ddb0886ba503ac9c7fa4514e9c9115c19ad84455.png

Adding and defining parameters in Niagara & Editing public parameters

Among my favorite effects I’ve done for GRAVEN up until now are the bloody & gory explosion of enemies and corpse piles. Doing mostly child friendly VFX up until now, this was a nice change of scenery ;-)

7a4ee3dda9935499efbd7b57a7bee923d8904166.gif

One of many blood effects

It is a combination of meshes, sprites, trails, materials and fake decals (because Niagara doesn’t support decals from the get go at the time of writing) to get to the splattery end result.

VFX are also a way to influence gameplay and readability. As a player it is good to know what things you can interact with, what’s potentially good or bad for you and how for instance spells affect the environment.

A clear example is the simple appearing of a crow, whenever you hit a checkpoint, so you know you can die in peace and respawn right there.

59ed08d384ffd9a135fcf019bc7432c61e184a7e.gif

Raven Checkpoint

As a last note, performance: Besides giving the VFX a more old school look, the dithering of textures/materials also boosts performance quite a lot, as it is pretty much a cheap masked material that tries desperately to be a translucent one. (But never will be :( )

Having small texture resolutions also helps performance for obvious reasons, and overdraw in GRAVEN is minimized through (besides dithering) particle texture cutouts.

Other logical places to keep VFX performance in check are the use of GPU particles, not overdoing it with lights in particle systems, introducing LODs for larger effects, using lots of material instances instead of master materials and keeping material instructions low.

In the images below you can clearly see the positive effect dithering has on overdraw and material instructions. Where bright green is good and bright red is bad.

6be88baf88c40cbf759a91056ba8b8bcab7a96b0.png

a07caeace1b44cb07dc9a087cd2d21d7e68ad9c6.png

Translucent material vs. Masked dither material

If your weary eyes made it until here, congratulations! And thank you for reading ;-).

I’m hoping this blog has made you inch a little bit closer to wishlisting or buying the game, or even piqued your interest for real time VFX.

Other things I’ve worked on, including other Slipgate Ironworks/3DRealms titles, you are welcome to check out here: https://www.artstation.com/philippenac & here https://twitter.com/MrPhilippe_ .

I would also like to thank the entire team for being awesome, and I know that together we can and will deliver a kick-ass GRAVEN! And last but not least, we'd also like to thank our community for all the great feedback they have shared with us since the early access launch of GRAVEN. We promise that we read everything and we are working hard to make GRAVEN the best game it can be!

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Action, mystery, and a chance for redemption await you in the gritty action first person puzzler GRAVEN. Explore a dark fantasy world as a wrongly convicted man of faith. Battle the horrors of humanity, the wilds, and beyond using the environment, magic, and armaments.

Update 2 features:
Coop, Cruxfirth Archives, Weapons Upgrades, The Alchemist & more!

Ash

Arcane
Don't buy it. It's shit. I've played the demo. These guys are like those cooks who have all the ingredients but can't cook for shit due to the lack of experience and a sense of taste.

Just because they're trying to mimic Hexen and other games in the same vein shouldn't give it a free pass.

Hexen is shit anyway ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom