Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Great adventures in the last 15 years

RuySan

Augur
I can delete new document(1).txt if I paste my top 10 from the 2010's here:

Primordia
Heroine's Quest
The Dark Eye: Memoria
Deponia (series)
Quest for Infamy
Resonance
Legend of Hand
Piss
Samaritan Paradox
Gray Matter
A Golden Wake

That's 11 I guess, good decade. I think Golden Wake is Francisco's most interesting, so it squeezes in. Legend of Hand and Piss are underrated.
Missing quite a few : Gibbous, Technobabylon, Geminie Rue, Tiny & tall, Whisper of a Machine, arguably Detective Gallo.

What is even more criminal is the lack of The Dream Machine

RuySan

Augur
Chapter 4?

I thought 3 was weaker. I loved 4 and 5, but I'm ashamed to say that I still haven't bought 6.

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Good tips, the Codex does not disappoint, thank you. I put Gibbous and the Last Doors on my wishlist.
Only on Deponia I disagree, played parts 1 and 2 through without any big complaints, then came part 3. Disclaimer: possible story spoiler ahead:
I hate games where you are working towards a goal for 99 % of the game, possibly you are a hero for most of that time, then at the end all of a sudden you throw it all away. "Underlying theme of sacrifice" my ass, it makes me see in red, green and blue in succession. For me, the moral of the story of this game is: if you don't enjoy life, kill yourself.

Wadjet Eye games I have enjoyed, there might be still one or two I haven't played.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
King's Quest remake [all episodes] is pretty good, worth of playing.
Life is Strange 1 was great.
Heavy Rain and Detroit Become Human are great.
State of Mind is good. Kathy Rain also .
Resonance is great as Unavowed too.
Cognition, Technobabylon.
Ken Follet's : Pillars of the Earth is goood.
The Painscreek Killings - you should really try this one -its on Steam too.
Pathologic 2.
Plague Tale ...
And many many others, really adventure gaming is nice in 2020.

Plus great classics hit the gog or steam like Inherit the earth etc...

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom