Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Great Houses of Calderia - Crusader Kings-like set in a fictional world

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://calderiagames.com/

ss_bd126496b2fc09ebd4c8243034d5ecba6a8b3f6d.600x338.jpg
ss_b09d30910a804ce56c8971691ac15febf5fefdc9.600x338.jpg

Developed by Finnish studio Resistance Games (made tactics Company of Crime) and published by Franco-Swedish publisher Firesquid Games, a sister company of Lightbulb Crew (made Othercide).

build_your_legacy.png

Great Houses of Calderia is a modern and accessible grand strategy game where you’ll have to lead your family through multiple generations, building its legacy of power in Calderia, a fantastic land full of legends and myths.

Character_driven.png

You are not controlling a leader alone, you have also to manage the members of your family like the rulers of yore!
  • Manage your house leaders and their unruly families through their own stories and wishes.
  • Appoint and manage your family members to key tasks against their will or not.
  • Take into consideration traits and personality of each character to get the best from them.
  • Characters’ personalities and traits change over time and events that have occurred to them.

Character_driven_extended.gif

Conflict_resolution.png

Take the critical decisions during battles and major diplomatic events such as marriages, jousts, etc. to gain every advantage over your rivals to become the Greatest House of Calderia!
  • Manage battles through the Real-time tactical resources management system.
  • Allocate resources in diplomacy and intrigue as well as social events.
  • Spend an equal amount of time managing diplomatic challenges and wars.

conflict_resolution_extended.gif

endless_stories.png

Discover the fantastic land of Calderia, its legends and myths, shape it with your actions and generates endless stories
  • Define the traditions, values and goals of your family. You have unlimited possibilities.
  • Experience the personal stories of your extended family and their descendants and see your reputation grow.
  • Change the world mythos and give new name to the places where your family has left their mark (battle/event…).

endless_stories_extended.gif

Ultimately.png

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
I'm not aware of a single other NextFest game demo that doesn't run on Windows 7.

Storyteller

Resistance Games
Developer
Sorry for the inconvenience, the decision is not made out of spite. There are many reasons why Great Houses of Calderia is not for Win7.
Firstly, every additional platform and OS needs to have their own tests when releasing major updates. That translates into longer update cycles as well as more man hours. Resistance Games is quite a small company. Thus supporting an OS, that is used by ~13% of current Windows users is not viable. (of which most are old server & office computers, and only a miniscule fraction of the rest would be interested in playing our game).

The next issue comes from Microsoft dropping its support. Even though the OS would be stable, the hardware technology keeps developing. Slowly but steadily the hardware manufacturers will stop providing new drivers for their chips. This creates an issue, where we might want to use a certain shader or rescaling technology or whatever, that simply can not be done anymore on the abandoned OS. This would mean splitting of the code base to exclude those features from the Win7 version.

Great houses of Calderia is made with UE4, but as the game is released, we might want to bring it to UE5. When we're using a middleware engine like Unreal, we're also at the mercy of Epic in matters of what platforms are supported. Unless we make our own code additions to continue supporting Win7.
There are many other reasons as well.

I am sorry that you can't play the game, I truly am, but we have to draw the line somewhere. This time it was between Win8 and Win10

XenomorphII

Prophet
I honestly cannot really tell anything about the game due to the short length of the demo.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Demo seemed vaguely interesting but I had to quit after a few minutes because my computer fan was spinning like crazy and I was afraid my PC would explode if I kept playing

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Demo seemed vaguely interesting but I had to quit after a few minutes because my computer fan was spinning like crazy and I was afraid my PC would explode if I kept playing
Weirdly the same issue with several other strategy game demos free in the recent NextFest. Notably they were all Unity games.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
This game is now out. But it seems like it is just a fancy eurogame(boardgame) but on PC. Bland worker placement mechanics and all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom