Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GreedFall - Gold Edition - new colonial-themed action-RPG from Spiders

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Those are Bioware fans, hijacking another fandom as soon as they hear the word "romance" is in the game. Just wait and watch, BG3 will attract a large number of these degenerates.
Those are Bioware fans, hijacking another fandom as soon as they hear the word "romance" is in the game. Just wait and watch, BG3 will attract a large number of these degenerates.

I got the romance achievement with the knight guy because he threw himself at me and why not, and it's one of my rarest on Steam. Like 1.2% of people have it or something. So at least very few give a shit.

Wait, knight guy is 1.2%? And here I am, thought that mine achivment with pirate guy - 3.2% is rare.
Greedfall is not really popular.

Finishing games is not very popular.

Or simply playing them long enough to achieve something and close certain plots (that give you an achievement). Most people buy dozens of games and then abandon them after several hours.

Padzi

Arbiter
Yeah, but I'm actually suprised.
In comparison to how many people bought the game I really have the feeling that not many of them actually played it (even for few hours).

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
In comparison to how many people bought the game I really have the feeling that not many of them actually played it (even for few hours).

GOG counts average playtime, I guess Steam also does. It's easy to check.

Where do you find the average play time?

In GOG it's just under your playtime. You have your friends and the general population average game's play time.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

GOG counts average playtime, I guess Steam also does. It's easy to check.

Where do you find the average play time?

In GOG it's just under your playtime. You have your friends and the general population average game's play time.

Thank you, I had never seen that (though I rarely bother with GOG's interface, other than downloading/launching the game)

Jackpot

Learned
I tried playing Greedfall for an hour or two, and the graphics looked really good.
Actually, they were suspiciously good. So good that it turned me off of the game.
Is that a thing?

Stokowski

Arcane
So I just finished Risen 4 Greedfall, and there's a plot point that confuses me re: the malichor.

Old tree god of a million eyes (or whatever) of the island said the illness was brought about by the general environmental degradation back on the main continent, and a closing slide reinforces this. But ... weren't De Sardet and Constantin deliberately infected with the malichor when they first arrived on Tir Fradee by a poison concoction forced on them by Bridge Alliance doctor(s) associated with Josef Mengele Dr Asili? Or was the poison bullshit, and Constantin just happen to develop the malichor independently?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So I just finished Risen 4 Greedfall, and there's a plot point that confuses me re: the malichor.

Old tree god of a million eyes (or whatever) of the island said the illness was brought about by the general environmental degradation back on the main continent, and a closing slide reinforces this. But ... weren't De Sardet and Constantin deliberately infected with the malichor when they first arrived on Tir Fradee by a poison concoction forced on them by Bridge Alliance doctor(s) associated with Josef Mengele Dr Asili? Or was the poison bullshit, and Constantin just happen to develop the malichor independently?
:hmmm:
Well if i make you drink some toxic shit,you too will get sick.

I am more curious at why is there a nature degradation on their continent,it is not like they are an industrial society. And even industrial society could coexist with nature,just don't go around bulldozing all the forest and shit. It must have been a by-product of some certain shit they make.

Or maybe it is just a curse.

Padzi

Arbiter

Ok, so...

...I still do not finished Greedfall but I'm far in main quest. Once I brought Siora on main mission and there was a banter between her and De Sardet saying that natives do not get sick by malichor, they are immune or something. And since De Sardet is a native as well, it was impossible for him/her to get ill. Constantin, on the other hand develop it like a boss. So, yeah. I think poison could be real.

Stokowski

Arcane
I am more curious at why is there a nature degradation on their continent,it is not like they are an industrial society. And even industrial society could coexist with nature,just don't go around bulldozing all the forest and shit.

Yeah, it's a bit of a reach, isn't it?

...I still do not finished Greedfall but I'm far in main quest. Once I brought Siora on main mission and there was a banter between her and De Sardet saying that natives do not get sick by malichor, they are immune or something. And since De Sardet is a native as well, it was impossible for him/her to get ill. Constantin, on the other hand develop it like a boss. So, yeah. I think poison could be real.

That's also exactly why I thought the truth about the malichor lay with the Bridge Alliance, but too much else suggests otherwise.

At a guess, there was originally content the was cut regarding the Bridge Alliance (Hikmet was clearly less developed than the rest of the island) along the lines of ...
alchemists either working for or in some way associated with the leadership of the Bridge Alliance had isolated the physical catalyst for malichor infection of humans, even if that catalyst was merely the physical manifestation or byproduct of the overarching "environment going to shit" spiritual problem. And those turbaned assholes were testing its effects on inexperienced allies to see if it politically weakened the Congregation leadership on the island sufficiently that they became more dependent on Bridge Alliance support, and force a break of treaty with Theleme. Failing that, the alchemists at least get to see if the results of their poison are different on their chosen specimens, seemingly both from the continent, but with one bearing clear islander-like markings.

Or maybe, like you suggest, fantadomat , the poison was just toxic shit, but toxic enough to weaken Constantin's immune system that he immediately fell victim to the malichor.

Or maybe the writers embody that stereotypically Gallic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It is shame that the game didn't have a big conflict erupting in the last part of it. I would have loved slaughtering those kebabs and their alchemical shit!

Padzi

Arbiter
I have a question. Aphra's and Petreus' additionial banters/dialogues after you finish their loyality quests didn't unlock/fire for me. Anybody had the same problem?

Padzi

Arbiter
I just finished Greedfall I must say Iiked the begining of the game much more than I liked the end. Basically a game about a diplomat trying to establish peace on an island turns into a cliche save the world story. I also completed all the side quests and I just despise the fact that at least 10 hours of gameplay was wasted on a walking simulator where you need to go from point a to point b. I don't see myself playing this game again except if I'm extremely bored and or if I forget what a slog this game was.

Also...
now I understand pairing between Constantin and De Sardet. They are not releted, but still it's bad in my opinion.

And the thing I missed the most was more conversations with my companions and more party banters in general. I know it's a AA game but there was so little of it, it stuck out.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom