Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GreedFall - Gold Edition - new colonial-themed action-RPG from Spiders

Tytus

Arcane

Padzi

Arbiter
I finished the game this year. I did every damned side quest and now they are throwinga next-gen remaster in my face? I hope it will be free for the current owners, at least.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I remember that this thread had a very butthurt retard that constantly whined about the game without even playing it,but i really can't remember who he was. Anyway,dear retard,the game sold more than a million,now go suck some bigus dickus!:smug:

PS:The game is pretty good!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
They refer this new content as a "new expansion" fwiw. Also rather important part of this announcement. While Focus Home is still in charge of publishing next gen versions of this game, IP itself is transferred to Nacon, the parent of Spiders and direct competitor of Focus. https://www.focus-home.com/en-us/ne...a-release-on-playstation-5-and-xbox-series-sx

GreedFall extend its journey with a new expansion and a release on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S/X

Following the success of GreedFall, which sold more than a million copies in less than a year, and considering the enthusiasm of all those who travelled the rich lands of Teer Fradee, NACON and Focus Home Interactive are happy to announce a new partnership aiming to expand the game with new content, as well as a release on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S/X.

The two companies have thus reached an agreement, in which Focus Home Interactive will be in charge of the publishing of the upcoming additional content and expansion, as well as the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S/X versions of GreedFall. The GreedFall brand is now integrated as part of the NACON portfolio.

Also it looks like they will give away the base game on EGS soon.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Still haven't played this yet but I'm glad it beat the million-or-bust challenge when Deadfire did not.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well hopefully selling this much and having relatively successful financial result will allow their next game to have a better budget (or better project manager?) so the quality of the game will stay consistent instead of feeling stretched thin quality wise.

cruel

Cipher
We are living in a very sad times, if games like this sell 1M copies (same with Outer Worlds). It seems that putting nice graphics is enough to sell nowadays.

This was probably the biggest gaming disappointed I had in the last 10 years (expectations vs reality). Was hoping for a mix between Gothic and Elex (yeah, I know...) and got a time wasting walking simulator, with corridor design, simple boring combat, crappy enemy variety, horrible exploration and shit itemization. First promising few hours turned into absolute boredom, to make player even more disappointed. Comparing this game to glorious ELEX is not even a fair fight.

Yosharian

Arcane
The game really isn't that bad and I'm willing to give it another chance when the expansion/remaster drops. I was unimpressed with it overall at launch though.

As flawed as this game is though its still a LOT better than The fucking Outer Worlds.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
My opinion about Greedfall.

I loved when I was a emissary exploring and dealing with local problems and conflict. When started with the "save the world" clichê, I lost the interest. Not only due that clichê, but every encounter fells the same. As a mage, you spend every encounter spamming magic missile and firearms, despite visually being different, they all mechanic wise are the same.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
This was probably the biggest gaming disappointed I had in the last 10 years (expectations vs reality). Was hoping for a mix between Gothic and Elex (yeah, I know...) and got a time wasting walking simulator, with corridor design, simple boring combat, crappy enemy variety, horrible exploration and shit itemization. First promising few hours turned into absolute boredom, to make player even more disappointed. Comparing this game to glorious ELEX is not even a fair fight.

Why even compare Greedfall to ELEX of all things?

Spiders were aping Bioware-ish RPG, and one from the times when Bioware already stopped making proper RPGs but had not declined into utter shit territory yet. So yes, Greedfall is euro-trash - but at least it is a reasonably good-looking game with interesting setting and it does a decent work at imitating almost two decades old formula (started from the first KOTOR I guess?).

When ELEX is entirely different sort of euro-trash, not in the bad way of course, and nobody else tries to mimic Gothic now beside PB. Hell, those weird German people spent last twenty years doing nothing else but mimicking Gothic. With the whole package of ugly graphics, stunted combat, functional dialogues and absolutely amazing to explore semi-open world.

It is like two different sub-genres of RPGs and complete opposites to each other to the boot.

krilcebre

Learned
I never finished the game (might as well go for it), but I actually liked it. I was playing as a warrior using heavy melee weapons, and combat was fairly fun. What about technician, is it fun to play like that, or should I stick with a warrior, as I have no interest in playing as a mage, seeing a lot of people complaining of how boring it is.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So right after Spiders got bought they are milking their existing franchise instead of making something new...

:negative:

...well, let's hope whatever they make is to Greedfall what Technomancer was to Mars: War Logs. But unlike MWL, i do not see how they could continue Greedfall, it didn't give me the impression that this was supposed to be a long term franchise.

This was probably the biggest gaming disappointed I had in the last 10 years (expectations vs reality). Was hoping for a mix between Gothic and Elex (yeah, I know...)

I'm not sure how you came to expect this. Almost all of Spiders' games play pretty much the same... which ok, you can say the same about Piranha Bytes games, but that is where the similarities end (...there and that they're janky games made by very small studios that try to "punch above their weight"...). Greedfall plays pretty much like Spiders' previous games, just stretched a bit more (which IMO was the main downside of it) and none of their games ever had great combat. Their main selling point is (at least for me) their settings and worlds (as long as you do not think too hard about them) on top of a decent-but-not-great "kotorlike" gameplay :-P

Padzi

Arbiter
I am more excited for that Greedfall extra-something than Steelrising. I still check it out tho.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom