Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Grid Cartographer - Best Tool for Drawing Classic RPG Maps

Hidden Asbestos

Grid Cartographer
Developer
Nice, the game link profiles are definitely the most appealing part of the package to me. Hopefully more comes in the future. *Ishar COUGH COUGH*.

Coming soon to the NEXT VERSION!

fTaxvsk.png

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
NVM.... stupid browser wanted to think it was a page link and not a map file for the program. Derp is me.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Rated /facepalm as I can't quite believe you've tried to open a .gct map file in Internet Explorer and then posted publicly asking why it's not displaying.

The map files need opening in Grid cartographer, not a browser.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
To me it reads like a weak attempt at imitating Kenji Siratori's novels.

:the BDSM_brain cell of chemical=anthropoids to the tragedy-ROM made of her retro-ADAM that does a different vital=plug-in to the ultra=machinary violence zone that was input the techno-junkies' that hyperlinks accelerates virus with the era respiration-byte. >>the mass of flesh-modules of the acid screams of hydromania....I turn on the murder-protocol of the cold-blooded disease of the artificial sun of chromosomal aberration....the soul/gram that the terror fear=cells rave of the drug embryo that digital=vamped so cadaver feti=PLAY turned acidHUMANIX of the data=mutant is infectious the FUCKNAM_gene=TV systems of dogs.

:the human body pill of dogs the hallucination molecule of hydromania that fixed the murder-gimmicks of the chloroform larvas made of retro-ADAM that accelerates the gene=TV system of her era respiration-byte the nightmare that turned a plug clone-dive. --I invade the internal organ medium of the artificial sun with the cadaver feti=mode of the spiral mechanism of the data=mutant soul/gram that cancels the murder-protocol of her acidHUMANIX_storage. The chemical tragedy-ROM of a parasite guy I am disillusioned with the hyperreal existence-code of acid suck....

:hydromania of the cadaver feti guy of the chloroform body joint who is parasitic on the brain universe that got deranged does the soul/gram of the cadaver city of the boy roid nature that does the modem=heart of her era respiration-byte hunting for the grotesque in the BDSM state script....the mass of flesh-modules of Level 0 of lonely chemical=anthropoids is omitted the battle!

http://www.3ammagazine.com/short_stories/fiction/tattoo/page_1.html

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
What’s really bad is I think I did this before and figured that out...... then forgot? Jesus... I’m getting old.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I’m certainly going to look into this. It sure reminds me of Mordor in a way with all these extra screens.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Looks on par with Goldbox companion. These are great tools to aid in if you are turning a crpg into tabletop. I tried that with pool of Radiance going through each encounter over and over getting every bit of text. Very long process using save/load and screen shot or pause. All for naught as I ended up with a virus wiping the drive. This was back when FRUA was released and I hit up every gfx, art, and how to site I could. But after losing a few years of collecting and module making. I said screw it.

Eggs is eggs

Learned

Sinatar

Arbiter
Has anyone gotten this "Where are we?" app to work with the Wizardry games?

https://www.eskimo.com/~edv/lockscroll/WhereAreWe/

Yeah, it works fine. Compared with how Grid Cartographer handles things (with GameLink), it might give a little TOO much information as you map, though.

What's the way to set it up? Documentation isn't very helpful. You have to set up a dosbox shortcut and then link it up in the settings?

Point where are we to the game exe and launch the game through Where Are We.

Eggs is eggs

Learned
Has anyone gotten this "Where are we?" app to work with the Wizardry games?

https://www.eskimo.com/~edv/lockscroll/WhereAreWe/

Yeah, it works fine. Compared with how Grid Cartographer handles things (with GameLink), it might give a little TOO much information as you map, though.

What's the way to set it up? Documentation isn't very helpful. You have to set up a dosbox shortcut and then link it up in the settings?

Point where are we to the game exe and launch the game through Where Are We.

It seems like you have to point it to a dosbox shortcut that opens the game. I was able to do that and launch the game through the "Where are we" program but then I get the error

DDxJsiV.png

I have both Dosbox and where are we running in administrator mode. I've tried to re-acquire the game multiple times but get the same error. And I'm not sure what settings I need to change under the options. It's on the default settings.

I tried with Wizardry 1 as well and same as Wiz5 was able to launch the game through the where are we app but get the same error.

I was able to get it to work with Might and Magic 1. Maybe the versions of Wizardry I have are broken? I'll see if I can find another one to download.

And I tried it with Wizardry 4 and it worked with that. Maybe Wizardry 1 and 5 are broken with the app?

Last edited:

Hidden Asbestos

Grid Cartographer
Developer
Working on the colour/palette some more for the next update. I've added a customisable 10 entry swatch of favourites. Each entry can have a keyboard shortcut assigned to it (like in the good old v3 days) and the swatch will be saved with your map, etc. to make it as useful as possible.

k3yidKy.png

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Does the program have a key-logger like feature where it logs key pressed by the user so that it can generate a map? I think it would help mapping games not supported by the game link. Of course, I think there should be a feature in editor to map keys to walking directions. The generated walking maps would have to be updated manually when trying to walk into a wall, but it would reduce the work required for mapping dungeons.

Hidden Asbestos

Grid Cartographer
Developer
Does the program have a key-logger like feature where it logs key pressed by the user so that it can generate a map? I think it would help mapping games not supported by the game link. Of course, I think there should be a feature in editor to map keys to walking directions. The generated walking maps would have to be updated manually when trying to walk into a wall, but it would reduce the work required for mapping dungeons.

There's no ability to read keys and translate them into editor cursor movements, no. The editor has multiple viewports (like 3ds Max or something) and only one can be 'in focus' (typically the game or the map editor) - I'll have a think about sharing inputs between multiple views, but tbh it does feel a bit like a hack and I'm not sure I'm happy about letting those take root when we have a proper solution to the same problem as well.

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

There's no ability to read keys and translate them into editor cursor movements, no. The editor has multiple viewports (like 3ds Max or something) and only one can be 'in focus' (typically the game or the map editor) - I'll have a think about sharing inputs between multiple views, but tbh it does feel a bit like a hack and I'm not sure I'm happy about letting those take root when we have a proper solution to the same problem as well.

Is there another solution besides the Game Link profiles? I saw on the site there is an "Automatic footstep marks" but I'm not sure how that is used.

I think the viewport part is nice, as long as both the game window and the application don't end up overlapping each other.

I admit I've never mapped a dungeon so that's why I asked the previous question. I don't have very much time for this and anything which would help make mapping faster is good.

Even if you don't intend to implement something like that, I still think I'll buy the program (maybe wait for v5 release). Initially I think I would start by mapping an adventure game (like Quest for Glory) to have some handy notes about locations and content.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom