Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Grid Cartographer - Best Tool for Drawing Classic RPG Maps

Hidden Asbestos

Grid Cartographer
Developer
Thought I should post this here because I seem to have caused confusion everywhere else ?

Seems like a lot of people think I'm going to pull a big lever in January and your copy of Grid Cartographer will immediately stop working. This isn't the case, it's just I, just like Microsoft, won't provide technical support for your operating system. I've no reason to believe it will actually ever stop working and I'm pretty sure I've never had a problem that's specific to a particular version of Windows. But clarity is important and if you know that I'm only providing support for Windows 10 then that's fairer than me not saying anything at all.

Hidden Asbestos

Grid Cartographer
Developer
v4.4.1 is now available!

Highlights for this update:

* Enhanced move tool.
* Additional tool option panels and command buttons.
* Critical editing bug fixes.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Hidden Asbestos I'm planning to stop using Arkenforge VTT and going back to traditional printouts. How did you export 1 tile = 1 inch again?

Hidden Asbestos

Grid Cartographer
Developer
Hidden Asbestos I'm planning to stop using Arkenforge VTT and going back to traditional printouts. How did you export 1 tile = 1 inch again?
If I remember correctly the PPI meta data on the PNG is set to 1 tile = 1 inch so you should be good to go. Of course, double check what software you're using to do the printing is using this correctly.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Codex Year of the Donut
Oh, I see, looks like the Linux version got left behind on 4.3.9.

I did find this on the steam forums from 26th November 2019
https://steamcommunity.com/app/684690/discussions/0/1606022547909928454/#c1743386053137755037
The beta for v4.4.0 is now over. Thanks to everyone for testing it. I plan to release v4.4 properly for Windows first, release that today and then work on fixing up the Linux and macOS builds for a release asap.
Do you know if the gamelink works with the linux versions?

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oh, I see, looks like the Linux version got left behind on 4.3.9.

I did find this on the steam forums from 26th November 2019
https://steamcommunity.com/app/684690/discussions/0/1606022547909928454/#c1743386053137755037
The beta for v4.4.0 is now over. Thanks to everyone for testing it. I plan to release v4.4 properly for Windows first, release that today and then work on fixing up the Linux and macOS builds for a release asap.
Do you know if the gamelink works with the linux versions?

I think the Dosbox one does (requires a custom build of course), but the libretro ones don't.

Hidden Asbestos

Grid Cartographer
Developer
As of May 2020, there are no plans for further development of free updates to the Linux and macOS builds

This is due to my limited available time/resources and essentially zero sales on those platforms.
After over 3 years I've made the difficult decision to focus on only supporting the version that the majority of customers are using.

Development is continuing and v4.5 will be released for Windows, for free, when it's ready.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
As of May 2020, there are no plans for further development of free updates to the Linux and macOS builds

This is due to my limited available time/resources and essentially zero sales on those platforms.
After over 3 years I've made the difficult decision to focus on only supporting the version that the majority of customers are using.

Development is continuing and v4.5 will be released for Windows, for free, when it's ready.
Apologies if you've responded to this a hundred times already, but is there some (e.g. restricted-functionality) demo version?

Hidden Asbestos

Grid Cartographer
Developer
That's ok Elwro. There isn't a demo (there was, years ago so you may see some mention of it in the wider world) Feel free to hop onto the Discord (https://gridcartographer.com/contact/) if you've any questions about functionality, always happy to explain - it's quite an unusual program I guess, so it's not always clear what people expect it to be like.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
There is a free version of Grid Cartographer 3 -- if you can find it, you can try it to get a rough idea of how the program works, although Gamelink and other cool features won't be available.

Hidden Asbestos

Grid Cartographer
Developer
Grid Cartographer is 7 today !
So what are you working on now to improve/expand it? Just curious because I haven't seen an update in awhile.

Primarily I've been doing a total re-writing the 3D viewport for the last few months to remove the old hack code from v3 and replace it with a free-flying camera and nicer looking art, with a cleaner codebase that will allow for future plans of editing maps in 3D, etc. That's progressing ok but there's a lot to do -- I've posted a few updates yesterday on Twitter: https://twitter.com/gridcarto/status/1265960689459441665

(Also a whole bunch of improvements to the emulation game browser and various other smaller tweaks and QoL things.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom