Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Incline Grimoire 2.0.0.12 Update Available Now!

Discussion in 'Golden Era Games' started by Cleveland Mark Blakemore, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Cleveland Mark Blakemore Golden Era Games Übermensch Developer

Cleveland Mark Blakemore
    I got banned from Steam specifically for making a joke about the military being staffed by trannies now. It was a unilateral decision by one auditor who deleted the comment and then put a two week ban on any community posts by me, including announcements. No warning, no caution, no dialogue. Just millennial avoidance. I just got an alert telling me I was banned two weeks, no other explanation.

I have uploaded an extensive new version with far superior indicators for level advancement, new skills at character creation, fixes to items, spells, weapons and an assert fix. I published it live about ten minutes ago.

Some of the toughest glitches reported I left for now because I cannot reproduce them. I will examine them closer but about 80% of the bugs currently on my list have been fixed. I was actually having so much fun testing some of the new stuff I had to force myself to upload the patch.

When you advance a level and have undistributed points, spells or increases remaining you get an icon over top of where the individual leap to Inventory Workshop is now until you have distributed them all. I thought it might help as a reminder. Also the funny glitch exiting after only selecting two spells is fixed. Many, many others.

P.S. Going to be launching on many other distribution sites this month. Likely to be up on Itch.IO soon and many others.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore rolled 6-sided di(c)e: 3 Total: 38
    • Brofist Brofist x 43
    • incline incline x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Efe Arbiter

Efe
    its entirely avoidable but maybe you want to know a way to crash grimoire
    hold enter
    click take all

^ Top  
  3. Gunnar Savant

Gunnar
    When are you going to add trannies to Grimoire?

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Cleveland Mark Blakemore Golden Era Games Übermensch Developer

Cleveland Mark Blakemore
    Thanks, this is the main thing I intended to fix next. That keeps it very simple, will examine this tomorrow.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Somberlain Arcane Zionist Agent

Somberlain
    There are no brakes on the incline train:ibelieveincleve:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 7
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Martyr Prophet

Martyr
    can someone please tell me where the save files are located? the steam folder doesn't seem to include them:

[​IMG]

I have to use a laptop for the next ~two weeks that isn't mine and I'd love continuing my playthrough.

^ Top  
  7. Efe Arbiter

Efe
    001 is first slot. others appear as you use them

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Martyr Prophet

Martyr
    holy fuck, so "SVG-Dokument" means "SaVeGame" ?!?!
    thanks.
    :deathclaw:

^ Top  
  9. ToddMcF2002 Educated

ToddMcF2002
    Hi Cleve any chance you can take a look at CPU consumption? Even minimized the game is taking a huge chunk of cycles. My i7 is reporting a constant 25%. For a turn based game that's awfully high and it limits the "portability" of a game that should be highly portable given the effect on battery life. In comparison, W7 runs around 1.7%.

^ Top  
  10. Tarantulos-Eduardo-Sanchez Arcane

Tarantulos-Eduardo-Sanchez
    Who banned you, Cleve?

What do you need me to do to them?

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  11. Monkey Baron Learned

Monkey Baron
    ^ Top  
  12. DavidBVal 4 Dimension Games Patron Developer

DavidBVal
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    And here I thought most of the drama would be gone with the manual released.

^ Top  
  13. Valky Arcane Manlet

Valky
    I'm worried that I might lose my employment status if you release Grimoire outside of steam, Cleve, because then I'll be able to play it.

^ Top  
  14. Cleveland Mark Blakemore Golden Era Games Übermensch Developer

Cleveland Mark Blakemore
    The sun is making it's way around the flat disk of the earth and shortly it will be Feb. 4th there in America. This is the Lunar Calendar sale, once again Grimoire will be 50% off for the last sale before I take it to other distribution platforms.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Multi-headed Cow Cipher

Multi-headed Cow
    THOSE EPIC GAMES BASTARDS!
    :x

^ Top  
  16. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    'How many fingers am I holding up, Winston?'

^ Top  
  17. HarveyBirdman Savant

HarveyBirdman
    You ought not be surprised, Cleve.

GoG was your home all along. It's almost like the Polaks have been a fiercely independent people since basically forever. Did you know the late 18th century Polish had a sort of constitution spiritually similar to the United States Constitution around the same time frame? The nobles got scared and asked the Tsarina for help -- she helped. But the Polish spirit of independence and a general "fuck you" you to authority has remained, despite the better part of a century hell-bent on corrupting Polish people and Polish culture a la the Soviets. Hence GoG. (And hence CDPR. Nothing but respect for the OGs there.)

GoG has been your natural home since the beginning.

Steam has done a good job for gamers, and we would be ungrateful cusses to discount it. But GoG (or at least services in the mindset of GoG at its 1990's inception) are the only future we have as a community.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    GOG would've banned Cleve much earlier. And probably posted a public apology for allowing him on their platform.

Trust me, those days if you have a divisive an opinion, you better remain quiet.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. HarveyBirdman Savant

HarveyBirdman
    Why do you say that Haba? Maybe you know something I don't know -- and admittedly, I know very little.

My experience with GoG has been pretty easygoing.
    >buy game
    >figure it out
    >check forums if problems

As far as opinions go, I have many. But I've never seen GoG as a place worthy of expressing them. Nor would I see it as a place that even considers them as relevant. Again, maybe you know something I don't, but I'm not seeing the relationship.

^ Top  
  20. Zep Zepo Titties and Beer Patron Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual

Zep Zepo
    Divinity: Original Sin
    It's like no one told you to shut your stupid ass mouth and fix your buggy ass game.

Oh wait. I did.

It's a real joy to watch you crash and burn because you can't keep your mouth shut.

Zep--

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Lady Error █▓▒░ ░▒▓█ Patron Literally Hitler

Lady Error
    Good idea on Steam:

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Jarpie Arcane Patron

Jarpie
    Codex 2012 MCA
    Autism, like another very notable ex-member of our prestigious forum.

-Qwinn

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. ToddMcF2002 Educated

ToddMcF2002
    At the risk of talking about the actual game - can someone shed some light on the excessive CPU utilization? Cleve between here and Steam you are probably sick of me asking. Respond so I can stop

^ Top  
  24. Tarantulos-Eduardo-Sanchez Arcane

Tarantulos-Eduardo-Sanchez
    There should be enemies that give you transsexualism as a disease.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. ToddMcF2002 Educated

ToddMcF2002
    I want to talk about cpu utilization and you people want to talk about chicks with d1cks wtf

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Button Button x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.