Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline GRIMOIRE 50% SALE NOW ON AT STEAM

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
If you pirate Grimoire you should be banned from Codex.

In fact, being accused of pirating Grimoire should carry as much seriousness on the Codex as sexual abuse accusations are on Twitter. So if I don't like someone I can say, "You pirated Grimoire" and then the powers that be would launch a full scale investigation.

I guess what I'm ultimately trying to say is if you don't support Grimoire then you're a fucking fag. All right.
Fuck investigations mate, believe all pirate accusers. Behead those who pirate Grimoire!
C5LBXXp.png

The Grimoire caliphate is upon you infidels.

Drowed

Arcane
This is one of the games I proudly bought to leave on my game list as an emblem, so that it will never be played and remain perfectly immaculate. Shining like a flying golden baby.

And it is still there, like a virgin, all its bytes in perfect proportions, all its pixels in the perfect right places, so that I can continue admiring from a distance, without ever approaching and smearing its hotkeys with the impure thoughts of a mind corrupted by decades of decline, JRPGs and popamole. And so, the game will always remain the most perfect thing ever conceived, forever in my imagination.

:love:

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
I actually dislike blobbers, but who am I to not financially support /ourdev/?
Any Codexers that haven't bought Grimoire should be ashamed of themselves. Deeply ashamed.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Nmi2aaX.jpg

Enjoy my 4 euros you absolute unit of a man.
Romance with Mr Cuck Avellone ended, romance with Cleveland Mark Blakemore begins.

Gracias and remember if you have any higher order abstract reasoning, playing less than 30 minutes will leave you hopelessly lost. You will begin to crap into your own pants, eat food that is close at hand and never leave your study again, playing Grimoire until the day you die and knowing in your heart yours was not a wasted life.

I did my holy duty long ago and purchased it on Steam, itch and GOG. I'd buy it again if it gets released on another platform. This game is a damn masterpiece.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I did my holy duty long ago and purchased it on Steam, itch and GOG. I'd buy it again if it gets released on another platform. This game is a damn masterpiece.

If I see it hit a positive rating on Steam I will begin work on the specific features of V3. One more iteration and it would be the Sistine Chapel of blobber clones of Wizardry 7.

If I see it hit a positive rating on Steam I will begin work on the specific features of V3. One more iteration and it would be the Sistine Chapel of blobber clones of Wizardry 7.
Yes, it's a shame it's still "mixed" on Steam (especially as many of the negative ratings are clearly ideologically inspired) but I wouldn't wait for that to change, cretins will always be cretins. There are many of us who have seen the light desperately longing for V3 however.

EldarEldrad

Savant
Bought your game this morning, Cleve. I'll play it as soon as I finish ongoing Eschalon series and Frayed Khights, I promise.

xuerebx

Erudite
Purchased!

Grimoire.jpg

On another note, I don't see what's funny posting images from torrent sites in this thread which has been created by the developer of the game, especially a game which tries to emulate classical party-based RPGs (given that we are on 'RPG Codex').

Generic-Giant-Spider

One time Cleve rated a post of mine. I was so amped up by it that to this day I've stuck forks into plugged-in toasters to try and get that same charge but to no avail. Perhaps a bath is in order.

Last edited by a moderator:

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Purchased!

Grimoire.jpg

On another note, I don't see what's funny posting images from torrent sites in this thread which has been created by the developer of the game, especially a game which tries to emulate classical party-based RPGs (given that we are on 'RPG Codex').
Are you sure you've been around here since 2008...?

xuerebx

Erudite
Purchased!

Grimoire.jpg

Are you sure you've been around here since 2008...?

I took a 10 year posting hiatus, occasionally reading through some topics. I know Cleve has a particular way of replying to dissent (to be honest that's as far as I know about him), but flaunting the fact that one has pirated the game - to his face - isn't on. I've bought the game because I've read good things about it from regulars here (certainly not on Steam, since it boasts a 'Mixed' rating), so all in all I wasn't expecting this backlash.

Like I said I wasn't present on the forums during this decade, so I guess I missed out on the drama.

Walden

Savant
I recently bought Stephen's Sausage Roll and Knight of the Chalice on the dev's page, and I prefer purchasing on GOG rather than Steam. A dev should be happy that his game has being loaded on torrent sites, it's the only and most definitive way to preserve its works. Due to the impossibility to roll back on most clients (gog <3) it's often the only way to have all the game versions aviable.
A dev complaining about muh piratez is just trash. Cleve in particular is a living meme, and it makes me laugh so hard when he complains about the pirates, because I can assure you that the game has being vastly ignored by the comunity.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom