Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Grimoire - Better than Anything Else Out There

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Grimoire

<p>Cleve has an update on how <a href="http://grimoiresystems.com.au/goldenera/?p=113" target="_blank">awesome Grimoire is turning out to be</a>.</p>
<blockquote>Awesome final meeting with Mordecai that I came out of unscathed by using my diplomatic skills to give him the runaround instead of turning over the tablet I had acquired. After winning over Captain Krone early in the Village of Crowl, I was now marked as a made man by the Vanguard with a future in the officer corps and simply brought this to Mordecai&rsquo;s attention. I had forgotten about that as well, this guy showed up threatening me to turn over the tablet or he&rsquo;d blow me away, right after my party was still recovering from the Samhain Horror encounter. No way I would have survived so I just bluffed my way through it and it worked &ndash; Mordecai deferred until I could deal with him and his masters in the Vanguard, much later on in the game. I planned to join them soon and work within their ranks to destroy them instead of a direct confrontation. This will make my dealings later on with Ahriman a lot easier to weather when my goals begin to run counter to their aims.<br /><br />Grimoire rocks. It&rsquo;s better than anything else out there for RPGs if you&rsquo;re looking for the classic roleplaying adventure.</blockquote>
<p>Little known fact: most of the encounters in Grimoire are autobiographical.</p>

MapMan

Arcane
x-files-believe-796806.jpg

EvilIndie

Educated
I am disappoint. How can he be getting bugs with inventory 12 years into development?

Yeesh

Magister
Cleve said:
Awesome final meeting with Mordecai that I came out of unscathed by using my diplomatic skills to give him the runaround instead of turning over the tablet I had acquired. After winning over Captain Krone early in the Village of Crowl, I was now marked as a made man by the Vanguard with a future in the officer corps and simply brought this to Mordecai’s attention. I had forgotten about that as well, this guy showed up threatening me to turn over the tablet or he’d blow me away, right after my party was still recovering from the Samhain Horror encounter. No way I would have survived so I just bluffed my way through it and it worked – Mordecai deferred until I could deal with him and his masters in the Vanguard, much later on in the game. I planned to join them soon and work within their ranks to destroy them instead of a direct confrontation. This will make my dealings later on with Ahriman a lot easier to weather when my goals begin to run counter to their aims.<br /><br />Grimoire rocks. It’s better than anything else out there for RPGs if you’re looking for the classic roleplaying adventure.

I haven't been paying attention long enough to have a strong opinion on Cleve, but my take from this paragraph is that he's just trolling and the game doesn't exist. Is that possible, or am I just a crazy old man?

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Does anyone still give a shit about this

I haven't been paying attention to this shit either, Cleveland is another GD tard to me. Even if he does release his shitty game I don't know why I should give a fuck

I know, I'm very nonchalent about this. Almost too nonchalent

MisterStone

Arcane
Well, the game has been in development since 1999. In the late 1990s Cleve was already all over Usenet being a jackass, so he's more than just a GD tard of course, he's a living legend. Apparently he is on better terms with RPG Watch, the Codex is just some place he showed up to bitch after Sol Invictus made a news post referring to him as a nazi... For whatever reason he comes back to GD every few months and begins with a new round of doomsday predictions and retardedness.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
The sad thing is, despite all that, Grimoire is my most anticipated RPG of 2011... and I don't even like blobbers.

kris

Arcane
Yeesh said:
Cleve said:
Awesome final meeting with Mordecai that I came out of unscathed by using my diplomatic skills to give him the runaround instead of turning over the tablet I had acquired. After winning over Captain Krone early in the Village of Crowl, I was now marked as a made man by the Vanguard with a future in the officer corps and simply brought this to Mordecai’s attention. I had forgotten about that as well, this guy showed up threatening me to turn over the tablet or he’d blow me away, right after my party was still recovering from the Samhain Horror encounter. No way I would have survived so I just bluffed my way through it and it worked – Mordecai deferred until I could deal with him and his masters in the Vanguard, much later on in the game. I planned to join them soon and work within their ranks to destroy them instead of a direct confrontation. This will make my dealings later on with Ahriman a lot easier to weather when my goals begin to run counter to their aims.<br /><br />Grimoire rocks. It’s better than anything else out there for RPGs if you’re looking for the classic roleplaying adventure.

I haven't been paying attention long enough to have a strong opinion on Cleve, but my take from this paragraph is that he's just trolling and the game doesn't exist. Is that possible, or am I just a crazy old man?

It is good trolling is in how it would spoil the end more or less. But well, this person "Cleve"...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm going to clear my schedule for a day one purchase if Cleve will let me. Sounds like fun.

EvilIndie

Educated
What is AOD up to, 8 years with 3 guys? And it's been done since the first year, just polishing now.

I'm not sure I'd care about a wizardry clone at this point unless I knew it was done just right and cleve's characters all seem kind of nutty, but it's at least as newsworthy as the million other stupid blog posts from indy developers that get on the front page every day. Like for instance it's about his game instead of some bullshit about game design which boils down to rationalizing dumbing down games.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeesh said:
Cleve said:

Grimoire does exist, there's a beta from 1998

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
EvilIndie said:
What is AOD up to, 8 years with 3 guys? And it's been done since the first year, just polishing now.
http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/714/714762p1.html
"We started working on the game in March 2004, and we hope to finish it this fall."
That's six going on seven years (which is more like 3-3.5 if it were full-time, etc). That article's also notable for the 3D screens before Oscar hot-rodded the art into that sexy sleek hotrod samurai look they're sporting now.

Since this thread is devolving into trololo anyway, can anyone explain the golden, magic flying baby to me? I know it's from the "teaser" on Cleve's site, but is the baby part of the game or just the most LOL RANDUM XD thing he could think of?

Mortmal

Arcane
MisterStone said:
. Apparently he is on better terms with RPG Watch, the Codex is just some place he showed up to bitch after

It seems corwin is beta testing for him , an australian beer buddy,or more than a buddy ,who knows, since he fantasize about naked men and showers.
He said it was a pretty good game but then again a little quote from corwin's eschalon test:
" Altough i was bored with dragon age combat, i was never bored while playing eschalon! I would even enjoy it with a bucket of shit on the head!"
I cant find his review anymore and the exact quote but that sums it rather well.
Anyone could write a little story on notepad and pretend hes working on a ground breaking rpg, id prefer to play trash game with the chinese commies busting out the fat guy from his bunker.

Not worth waiting for it, but even if he does release it will be so weird and so flawed, since only yes men beta (oh sorry gamma )tested it, than the forums will be full of grimoire lulz for months.

Topher said:
I'm in the Grimoire doesn't exist crowd.

I'm in the 'Cleve doesn't exist crowd'. As in the original guy probably moved onto something else in life years ago, and someone else is just posting this stuff for troll-value. Compare his Usenet trolling to more recent posts on Codex. Same basic personality traits but only a fraction of the wit of his earlier writing. And that last part would be the hard part to fake.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Maybe he just got old. That happened to a lot of people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom