Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Class Discussion/Beginner's Tips

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

Dorateen

Arcane
3 - What's the difference between all the swings and thrusts?

4 - Any penalties for spamming rest after each fight?

Different enemies are more susceptible to the different modes of attack like swing and thrust, and also bash with blunt weapons. If a character is not hitting or penetrating enough, try switching modes.

Resting outside a safe haven will provoke wandering monsters, depending on the encounter rate you set in the configuration menu. You can try to rest, but you would likely be attacked again, and again. If your party is weak or injured, best to find a designated safe place to rest.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
5 - Metalsmith, Berserker, Warrior, Thief, Bard, Sage - good enough to get a few levels in and learn how things work before rerolling, or complete garbage? So far seems good enough to deal with rats but who knows.

Good choice actually.

6 - Any crucial and easy to miss tips and tricks I should know?

Unequip the weapons of your Saurians, Nagas, Cats, Wolves and Dragons in the beginning.

Clicking on the gold pile at the bottom will show you your current attack stats.

Spell casters need a high DEV attribute for more skill points, since magic depends almost only on skills and not on attributes. WIL is probably the second most important for them.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
5 - Metalsmith, Berserker, Warrior, Thief, Bard, Sage - good enough to get a few levels in and learn how things work before rerolling, or complete garbage? So far seems good enough to deal with rats but who knows.

Good choice actually.

6 - Any crucial and easy to miss tips and tricks I should know?

Unequip the weapons of your Saurians, Nagas, Cats, Wolves and Dragons in the beginning.

Clicking on the gold pile at the bottom will show you your current attack stats.

Spell casters need a high DEV attribute for more skill points, since magic depends almost only on skills and not on attributes. WIL is probably the second most important for them.

Why WIL is important for them?

Also, i think DEV increases mana gains at level-up, you sure it influence skill points at level up?

Incendax

Augur
Okay. Back with some info regarding multiclassing.

I needed X experience.
I swapped to Sage 1 and needed X+750 for Sage 2.
Each level afterwards followed the Sage XP formula.
Stats were reset, but I gained HP, MP, and Skills.

In short, it’s almost exactly like Wizardry 7.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Okay. Back with some info regarding multiclassing.

I needed X experience.
I swapped to Sage 1 and needed X+750 for Sage 2.
Each level afterwards followed the Sage XP formula.
Stats were reset, but I gained HP, MP, and Skills.

In short, it’s almost exactly like Wizardry 7.

You can swap at level 4.

So for this example (numbers are aprox):

From Sage 1 to Sage 2 after swapping you need 10.000 exp + 750 exp. Than, after getting level 2 in Sage, you need 1500 to get from Sage 2 to Sage 3?

Incendax

Augur
Well, there was a little bit of weirdness. But essentially yes.

18,288 Total Needed To Level Necro
Swapped to Sage 1
19,038 To Sage 2.
19,788 To Sage 3
21,625 To Sage 4
26,126 To Sage 5

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck

ah, so DEV influences the amount of skill points? I knew it increases mana pools. I thought the skill thing worked by DEV making you a little better at every skill - basically like Luck works in a lot of games.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Why WIL is important for them?

Also, i think DEV increases mana gains at level-up, you sure it influence skill points at level up?

Click on the attributes on the character screen - the description says that WIL has an influence on spell casting and that DEV gives more skill points on level up.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Well, there was a little bit of weirdness. But essentially yes.

18,288 Total Needed To Level Necro
Swapped to Sage 1
19,038 To Sage 2.
19,788 To Sage 3
21,625 To Sage 4
26,126 To Sage 5

That actually looks like the experience needed to level up after class change resets to Level 1, instead of needing huge amounts of experience from the original class to progress in the new class.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom