Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Grimoire Now Available On Itch.Io - With Steam Key!!

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
My fiance was trying to find Grimoire on Itch.io by searching for "Grimoire" and this came up while she was sitting beside me in the study :

https://emilygamedev.itch.io/playgrimoire

She started to read the text and we were both laughing so hard we had tears in our eyes.

... but seriously, I told her to get it, install it and try to play it. I asked her if she could tell me in Aspie-speak why she thought people liked these VN LGBT ambiguously sexual romance things. I am genuinely curious why these things sell so well.

If it is because the storylines and dialogue are much better than the mainstream popamole, I can understand that and in fact that's more of what I like to make games about, so I think I can incorporate these ideas. I also like dialogues between characters that are not embarrassingly puerile.

She's playinmg it now. I hope she can explain this phenomenon to me because I don't get it. On the other hand, I may be more sympathetic to these weaboos than they realize if it is that the game is focused on the story. I want that too in a game. Just not necessarily about lesbian witches.

Alex

Arcane
My fiance was trying to find Grimoire on Itch.io by searching for "Grimoire" and this came up while she was sitting beside me in the study :

She started to read the text and we were both laughing so hard we had tears in our eyes.

... but seriously, I told her to get it, install it and try to play it. I asked her if she could tell me in Aspie-speak why she thought people liked these VN LGBT ambiguously sexual romance things. I am genuinely curious why these things sell so well.

If it is because the storylines and dialogue are much better than the mainstream popamole, I can understand that and in fact that's more of what I like to make games about, so I think I can incorporate these ideas. I also like dialogues between characters that are not embarrassingly puerile.

She's playinmg it now. I hope she can explain this phenomenon to me because I don't get it. On the other hand, I may be more sympathetic to these weaboos than they realize if it is that the game is focused on the story. I want that too in a game. Just not necessarily about lesbian witches.

I thought you were already married, Cleve?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

Stuff happens.

Comte

Did my Patriotic duty and finally got a copy of Grimoire DRM free.

Pure-Incline.png

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Did my duty. Comes out to more or less the same it was during the Steam sale given that's in euros for me and this was in dollars.

Grimoire-Heralds-of-the-Winged-Exemplar-by-cleveblakemore.jpg

Just so you know if they nail me for tax evasion I'm sending the bill to you. Fuck VAT.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Given itch.io's staff's past statements and its popularity among the dregs of lefty indies I'm a little baffled that they let you in just like that, tbh.

Good job, though. Can't have been easy to sneak in there as a 7'8'' Olympia-ready (well, 400 weeks out) Neanderthal.

:hero:

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I now face a dilemma due to Cleve releasing Grimoire off of steam. How can I continue to take time out of my life to do the necessary tasks (going to work, making food, sleeping, cleaning my clothes) when it is now possible for me to play Grimoire?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I now face a dilemma due to Cleve releasing Grimoire off of steam. How can I continue to take time out of my life to do the necessary tasks (going to work, making food, sleeping, cleaning my clothes) when it is now possible for me to play Grimoire?

Many people have written to ask me about this dilemma.

My advice is to stop paying all your bills except for electricity, throw all mail out when you get it and stop answering the phone. If you ignore people pounding on the door for long enough, eventually the smell seeping out from inside will discourage them and they will just go away. Warning : eventually they may board you up inside with a health quarantine sign in your front yard which is basically a license to play Grimoire inside for as long as you want, until the rafters give way in a heavy thunderstorm.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Before I get invested in this, are there any major plans for big updates like V2 in the future? I'm very obsessive about making sure my playthrough will be of the definitive version of the game.

Gunnar

Arbiter
He's been adding stuff since V2 and he'll probably keep adding stuff until someone wrestles him away from the keyboard.

GandGolf

Augur

Stuff happens.

Cleve got a divorce? Who gets the bunker? Hopefully she'll take him for everything he owns.

Last edited:

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
He's been adding stuff since V2 and he'll probably keep adding stuff until someone wrestles him away from the keyboard.
What about anything in the game that is unfinished? Last I remember, there's a bar for food but no implementation, and the same with one of the crafting classes, like metallurgist(?) I don't want to start a playthrough with classes that aren't fully useful.

Gunnar

Arbiter
What about anything in the game that is unfinished? Last I remember, there's a bar for food but no implementation, and the same with one of the crafting classes, like metallurgist(?) I don't want to start a playthrough with classes that aren't fully useful.

The only unfinished thing that comes to mind is the age mechanic but it's hard to say. Accuracy was just recently plugged into hit chance. Some of the classes need a bit of love IMO but all the skills are working.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom