Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Grimoire now has a Manual

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Tags: Cleveland Mark Blakemore; Golden Era Games; Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar

If there is one man who knows not to rush perfection, it's Cleveland Mark Blakemore, and so RPG enthusiasts worldwide had to wait quite a bit for Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar to become truly complete.

However, the waiting is now over, as Grimoire V2 has been supplemented with a Grimoire Manual V1.0. Obviously, the release is not without its micro-issues, but fortunately the neanderthal-in-chief is well aware of them. To quote:

I had some problems getting the tables formatted in the output HTML but it is presentable. I'll fix it up as I go until it is ready for a hardcopy version.​

Though if you're already starving for Grimoire Goodness, you can check the manual online here. I think it is fair to say that everyone should now go ahead and have a taste of Incline given that the game is exhaustively documented.

Is this finally the end of the Grimoire saga? A close look into some of the sections reveals mysterious notes:

CUSTOM WIDGET SET ( UNUSED ) ( FUTURE EXPANSION )​

What could this mean?

Last edited:

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
We're still missing a GOG release, though :(

giphy.gif

Dorateen

Arcane
I just got up to the section about the different attack modes (bludgeon, pierce, slash, etc.)... they also have an impact on what row of enemies a character is targeting, with corresponding to hit and penetrate modifiers.

Deep mechanics!

Tigranes

Arcane
I just got up to the section about the different attack modes (bludgeon, pierce, slash, etc.)... they also have an impact on what row of enemies a character is targeting, with corresponding to hit and penetrate modifiers.

Deep mechanics!

Holy shit what

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
No info how stats work. Disappointed.

As I've said. It's all shit from the tool tips and other readily available informational screens in game.

BEST JOKE EVER, CLEVE!

18 month wait..for this.

LOL

Zep--

Yes, so much timing to wait for manual.
So much money spent on alcohol and whores just to pass time - and manual is pretty empty. For stats it just copies in-game tips! So how, for example, Wis or Wil affects magic casting you can only guess.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The Incline Cometh...
Chapter XXIII of the Holy Grimoire
And thus, the one true prophet of Incline toiled the cyclopean task of the Manual Tablet, which would be the key for future generations to deciphering and unleashing the true power of Grimoire...
And on the next Friday following the first Bloodmoon of the new year, the celestial bodies did finally align and behold the Manual Tablet did finally cometh to the joy of true believers and the everlasting damnation of Zepo Zep, Country Gravy, Grotesque and other foul agents of Decline
Glory be to Grimoire

Precept of the Gospel of Invictus, First Apostle of the Church of the Golden Baby

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

As I've said. It's all shit from the tool tips and other readily available informational screens in game.

BEST JOKE EVER, CLEVE!

18 month wait..for this.

LOL

Zep--

I've had gay stalkers before, Zepo, but you qualify as one of the most persistent and amorous lawn gnomes who has ever followed me home from work discreetly slowly fondling himself.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

BEST JOKE EVER, CLEVE!

18 month wait..for this.

LOL

Zep--

I've had gay stalkers before, Zepo, but you qualify as one of the most persistent and amorous lawn gnomes who has ever followed me home from work discreetly slowly fondling himself.

Why dont you explain what stats do exactly?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom