Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
What was your end party like?

Palomides

Augur
Hello Baxander,

Why don't you do another play-through of Grimoire, to replace the one you deleted when you were completely shamed? We can also hear if you've improved your pronunciation of 'Grimoire'.

Thank you.

Edit: He doesn't like Baldur's Gate. Does that improve his standing within the Codex?

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Several studies have shown that the inability to get fullscreen for almost a year after release caused various types of cancers of the brain.
Add the unbalanced gameplay and endless array of amateur bugs and inept programming, and you have a bonafide cancer causing host.

So Grimwah is an effective tool of population control. I appreciate it even more now

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
What was your end party like?
The same as when I started, because the original release version of Grimoire imposed such dramatic increases in XP needs for level increase that it was effectively impossible to change classes. :M

Warrior, Berserker, Ranger, Thief, Sage, Wizard, Thaumaturge, and Cleric. At level 9 (class change required reaching level 10).

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
so this game doesn't scale to my monitor?

scale.png

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
.....thankfully for him.
Grimoire made less money in sales than Cleve's mom made dry humping teddy bears on OnlyFans.
Disaster. Wow.

How much money do you think Grimoire made, Baxander? I'm curious to know. Also what you think the total number of copies sold were.

I'll give you a hint. It made a little more than I earned in an average year when I was contracting in the late 90's. That's about 6 times what you have made in your entire working career as a male nurse.

I'm not kidding you, if you bring any member of my family into your discussion on this board again I will make your front door my first stop the next time I am in the States. I was just starting to think you weren't worth it. Until then I will go back to informing your employers of just how unsafe you are to be working with the elderly and people who are already ill. Your bug-chasing madness is very easy to document.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
The first time I saw the game I thought, "My God Tim would be amazed..."
But then I walked through that shitty, disney-esque starting forest, the little fairies and every fantasy trope known to man just fucking SCREAMING in my face, "HEY LOOK AT ME!". But all I could see was the shitty UI for inventory, the quirky cartoony bullshit, the tone deaf midi music, all of it... SLAPPIMG MY DEAD FRIEND IN THE FACE!!
Then the taunts came, the THREATS! My hometown living in fear from this babbling maniac, this intrepid, middle-aged construction worker who wears a GOD DAMN FANNY PACK....it was horrendous. Others reaching out to me about the BULLYING they experienced.
I bought the game, tears streaming down my face, KNOWING THIS WOULD BE WHAT TIM WANTED. BUT IT WAS ALL A LETDOWN! He promised us an epic game, it was a mobile phone game in disguise. The money donated to crowdfunding...FOR WHAT.
And Stones of Arnhem, oh yes, STONES OF ARNHEM, the game he RUINED with his antics! The game Tim could have played if he had not ruined it with HIS DILDO PRANKS!!!
This Coors Light is for you Tim, fucking Grimoire will RISE AGAIN.....AS THE GAME YOU WANTED!

A little bird told me you are on a lot of medication. A lot. It seems here you have stopped taking it because this snowflake hagiography is the gayest thing I have ever seen posted in the history of the internet. Time to do as the doctor ordered and go back on it.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Just a man who is going to make the game that Grimoire SHOULD have been.

So gay it deserves to be quoted just for the thrill of the retardedness involved.

Let me know how that game goes. I think you were still working on your C64 reboot of one of your fanfic text adventures the last time I checked about 5 years ago.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
what black magic makes a borrower need 12 points to be a thaumaturge when the attribute point difference between race and class is 15?
or is the wiki crap?
i just made a barrower thaumaturge with 31 bonus points and got 16 left.
the wiki says i should have gotten
31-12=19
19+(30%x19)=24.7
but what i got was just 15 points less than 31 which means both the multiplier bonus for making borrower thaumaturge is a lie and the table which tells you what points you need for a class with a specific race is a lie.
who made the retarded wiki?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
My dead friend Tim has a higher Metacritic score than Grimoire. Honestly. If him dying is what it took to make this game flop, it was worth it. IT WAS WORTH IT MY FRIEND.
Who ARE you?

Just a man who is going to make the game that Grimoire SHOULD have been.

I still hold out hope that someday Mittelmensch Blakemore will be that man. Retarded just means slow not stationary, and the tortoise wins in the end.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
what black magic makes a borrower need 12 points to be a thaumaturge when the attribute point difference between race and class is 15?
or is the wiki crap?
31-12=19
19+(30%x19)=24.7
but what i got was just 15 points less than 31 which means both the multiplier bonus for making borrower thaumaturge is a lie and the table which tells you what points you need for a class with a specific race is a lie.
I just made a Barrower Thamaturge with 30 points and got 24 as a bonus. Not sure what you did wrong.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
or is the wiki crap?
31-12=19
19+(30%x19)=24.7
I just made a Barrower Thamaturge with 30 points and got 24 as a bonus. Not sure what you did wrong.
probably playing v2 because in v3 you can't chose window resolution in window mode.
but good to know, thanks.
who would have thought v2 didn't have basic shit implemented...
and the question remains: what the fuck is making the borrower need only 12 points instead of 15?

nah, fuck you, i just tried it again in v3. got 26 and was left with 11.
26-15=11
also (Note: Anything below 15 extra points is ignored and cannot be distributed. This is not a bug.) bullshit. rolled naga metalsmith with 41, should have gotten 16. didn't get shit.

Last edited:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
and rhattu pirate should need 80. instead it's supposed to only require 48. why??? that's a huge difference.
and is this only at start or when multiclassing too?
there's no logic to this shit and no explanation either.

Last edited:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
apparently the points rolled are multiplied by the table multiplier as opposed to
What the Multiplier Bonus means:

• It gives you a multiplier bonus or penalty to the amount of skill points you get on each levelup
  • It gives you a multiplier bonus or penalty to the natural resistances of that race (this is kept even after changing class!)
  • When creating a character, it gives you a multiplier bonus or penalty to the unused portion of the points you roll (these can be put into extra HP, attribute points or skill points)
thanks wiki.

so it's ok if rhattu pirate only needs 48 rolled points because 48x1.7=81.6

Last edited:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
BUT:
26x1.3=33.8
33.8-15=18.8
and yet i only got 11 points left on my barrower thaumaturge. so the game does something stupid after character creation.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
motherfucker!
the game tells me after a roll of 27 that i have 20 bonus points left. i assign them to attributes, start the game and it's 12!!!!
it steals from me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom