Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Grimoire V2

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
He has yet to make a good game.

Search your black, Cleve loving hearts. You know it's true.

Zep--

Valky

Arcane
Manlet

Zep--
trump-new-year-2015.jpg

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space

Zep--

True. He has made a game far better than anything that could merely be considered good. And in the only genre worth making games for. Cleve made a great crpg.

Efe

Erudite
to be fair he wrote that save editor for grimoire. probably is more intimate and committed than any of us. (maybe minus that black guy with youtube videos)

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Why would you stupid fucks buy it twice?

You do know you can just ZIP the Steam Grimoire folder and unzip it on another machine. There is no DRM whatsoever.

smh

Zep--

But seriously, Zepo, did you really think anybody on RPG Codex ever believed you have had $9.95 in spending money in your entire life? I didn't. I doubted you had ever played a game in your life you DIDN'T pirate.

The reason there is no DRM is not that it is not provided by Steam, Zepo. Nobody told me NOT to use it. I decided it was inappropriate. There is something about DRM that seems dishonest to me in making a game designed to appeal to fans of classic style roleplaying games. I have a sense of honor about the game's distribution that you lack in all other aspects of your life. I was not trying to appeal to a shriveled up wizened 4 foot tall lawn gnome hippie with a topknot. I figure people like you never buy games anyway, you just steal them.

The truth is, no matter what you do, nobody much cares, Zepo. You're like one of those homeless people in the street who sings whenever people pass not because he wants money but because he wants attention. Any attention at all. In the end, he resorts to crapping in his own pants in the hopes the smell may draw some notice to him - because he is terrified he may discover that he is not even there ... just a ghost nobody has informed yet.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I have a crazy theory, what if Zep actually is Cleve.

While Cleve has indeed been accused of sock-puppetry in the past, I just don't think his ego would allow him to say negative (and untrue) things about himself.

I've never used a sock puppet in my entire career on the internet. When I have used a handle I have made it obvious it is me.

Nobody with testosterone above the level of an 8 year old prepubescent girl uses sock puppets on the internet. Nobody. Go to the doctor and ask for an injection, watch and see when it kicks in if you don't instantly know that nothing is gayer than a sock puppet account.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can someone @ me when the PDF is released? Want to take a quick look at it before I pull the trigger. The game might be too hardcore for my virgin body.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Can someone @ me when the PDF is released? Want to take a quick look at it before I pull the trigger. The game might be too hardcore for my virgin body.

Unless you are fully retarded or don't actually like rpgs it isn't. Not buying it makes zero sense, especially when its on sale.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Remember, Grimoire is about the little things. Like giving a crab its shell.
As a new player to Grimoire, I look at the Dwarves and wonder why they are weak to women.

The best is that women suffer a penalty to their strength stat but have a bonus to fellowship.

Lesser developers would pull that, "there's no statistical differences between the two genders" bullshit. This game lets you know straight up that women are good at talking and fucking.

Incendax

Augur
Okay. First party ever.
Dorf Berserker x2.
Dorf Metalpoker.
Dorf Bard.
Dog Cleric.
Eyeball Necro.

I feel like I probably should have gone Dorf Necro, but I only have enough booze for 4 Dorfs.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You did a goof-goof, you NEED to have a Sage in your party. Normal identify does not reveal all the details about things.

Doesn't matter, I did a goof-goof or two too. But just be mentally prepared for that.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
fuck this is amazing

:whatho:

I'm glad I exercised the self control to wait for V2. It's great and only going to be greaterer from here

:kingcomrade:

Nyast

Cipher
The reason there is no DRM is not that it is not provided by Steam, Zepo. Nobody told me NOT to use it. I decided it was inappropriate. There is something about DRM that seems dishonest to me in making a game designed to appeal to fans of classic style roleplaying games. I have a sense of honor about the game's distribution that you lack in all other aspects of your life.

Here we go, speaking again about honnesty and honor when you lied about never putting the game on sale after releasing it. You're an hypocrite.

Bohr

Arcane
:what:

Wow, congrats Cleve. As a reward for this release, I've made this a hosted subforum (okay, that's something I've been thinking about doing for a while actually). But do we dare make Cleve a moderator?

:salute:

Now that it's a hosted subforum, can we discuss all other Blakemore games in here, like the C64 ones (and maybe Donut Lad), or would they be moved out to general gaming?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom