Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Grimoire V2

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Well, it also depends on the weapons skills which are low or non-existent in the beginning. But it does help a lot for sure.

You can also click on the pile of gold at the bottom and see all the attack numbers in one place (including unarmed attacks). Very handy, I found it only yesterday.

Incendax

Augur
Kicked my Aeorb Necro to the curb because he couldn’t stay awake for 10 minutes. I wasn’t even Mindflaying, he just lost vitality faster than a bucket full of holes.

Let’s see how a Naga Necro does.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Pick a race with fast mana regeneration. At least in V1, that was not only the Aeorbs, but also the Faeries, Wolves and (if I remember correctly) Dwarves.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Has anyone used a Pirate yet? What are the upsides/downsides?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Upsides: cool stuff
Downsides: needs lots of XP

Same for Jester and Assassin. You can get a Rhattu Assassin with a roll of around 42, I think, at least 45 for Pirate and probably even more for Jester (not sure which races have the best chances).

DoomIhlVaria

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here I'm very into cock and ball torture
What I've learned today:
1. Cleve is a cowardly cuntish piece of shit (I already knew that though).

Right, because if I knew who you really were and where to find you, I wouldn't be in my truck on the way over right now.

So anonymous internet poster, if your testosterone is higher than that of a 4 year old girl, this is where you tell me your real name by PM and where to find you. Because I'm a coward.
I recently moved to Gainesville. So if you could use that venue you wanted to fight Zep in for any future beatings of randos from the Internet, I would really appreciate being able to watch. I would even treat you to all the meat a 'thal can eat at the original Sonny's BBQ afterward. And naturally I would write a review for the Codex.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Kicked my Aeorb Necro to the curb because he couldn’t stay awake for 10 minutes. I wasn’t even Mindflaying, he just lost vitality faster than a bucket full of holes.

Let’s see how a Naga Necro does.

Necromancers are weak and sickly weaboos who need babysitting for a while early on. The payoff is that as they increase in power they gain killer spells that can wipe out monsters with magic like "Finger of Death" etc.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I think unarmed combat with these races is something like 3D6, so all weapons above that will be better.

Wow. I'm level 5 and 3D6 is still way better than anything I have. I have a bunch of creature characters too. You could easily steamroll the beginning with that.

edit - it appears the value is actually 3d4. still pretty great.

Kind of challenges assumptions about simply keeping original weapons equipped and clicking ATTACK icon. Turns out a gigantic reptile with claws and the capacity to vomit stinking bile is pretty dangerous without a weapon. I liked the idea of this being a useful way to fight as well, until the party gets much better weapons.

Incendax

Augur
Kind of challenges assumptions about simply keeping original weapons equipped and clicking ATTACK icon. Turns out a gigantic reptile with claws and the capacity to vomit stinking bile is pretty dangerous without a weapon. I liked the idea of this being a useful way to fight as well, until the party gets much better weapons.
I've got a Naga and a Wolfin right now, and it feels like that choice actually mattered. Many games make your race choices meaningless within just a few hours, and this is a wonderful improvement.

Gunnar

Arbiter
I think unarmed combat with these races is something like 3D6, so all weapons above that will be better.

Wow. I'm level 5 and 3D6 is still way better than anything I have. I have a bunch of creature characters too. You could easily steamroll the beginning with that.

edit - it appears the value is actually 3d4. still pretty great.

It's cool and fun to discover things like this, I like it also.

Efe

Erudite
does rosy drop loot?
if yes, any suggestions on how to take her down with a lv1-2 party?

Beastro

Arcane
You have your regular models, then supermodels... is there an ultramodel? A megamodel?

serveimage

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
Cleve, I think someone hacked your Steam account! Grimoire is currently on a huge discount! I know you said multiple times over and over and over and over and over and over again that the game would never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever be discounted at all! This is a travesty! Why are people allowed to enjoy the fruits of your hard labor at such a low cost? Certainly, you cannot let this stand...

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Is Grimoire proof that Intelligent Design is correct?
You can't explain the exitence of Grimoire without a god!

Rolled up a party super quick just to run around a little and I probably horribly gimped myself since I have no idea what I'm doing, but I went 3 barbarians, a thief, a sage, a cleric and a bard. Killed some dungeon-squirrels and flowers and worms without any issue but I definitely want the manual. Still not really sure what's going on with VIT for example. Amount of secret doors in shrine of the raptor was pretty nuts, but thank fuck for detect secrets. Doubt I'll get too hardcore into Grimoire yet since I've got a lot of shit lined up to play but for taking a quick peek at it it's enjoyable.

As a side note, I ran into some of those microissues. Super floaty-drifty mouse. Had to run it in Win XP compatibility mode which did calm the mouse down although it leaves duplicates of the mouse pointer on the screen when I tab out to something else and then click back inside Grimoire. Tried running it windowed 1024x768 first before turning on compatibility mode but no luck there.

Jinn

Arcane
Where is the manual?

Also a comprehensive list of changes between V1 and V2?

Last edited:
I just want to point out that Grimoire V2 has 84% positive recent reviews on Steam, while Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire has 71% positive recent reviews. This is concrete evidence that the people have spoken and Grimoire is the undisputed RPG of the year 2018 and a masterful game with V2 elevating it to further heights of greatness, while Deadfire's 4.0 patch and latest DLC were met largely with indifference from an enlightened consumer base tired of mass market drek being churned out by Microsoft-owned Obsidian and excited at the efforts of the crackerjack thal. I'm just putting these facts out there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom