Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline *groan* Will someone please fucking back me up here?

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Hi not-copx,

I'd just like to know why you care so much about being labeled copx.

-Qwinn

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yes, many of the alts here use TOR copx, you're not the first to discover it.

View attachment 1429
1) Still not copx.
2) Splendid. You will note copx is not on that list.
How typical of an alt, knowingly using a proxy, to think he can use his IP address NOT matching as "evidence" that he's not an alt. :roll:

3) No shit I'm not the first to use Tor.
You did notice the long list of troll and alt accounts using it, didn't you?

copx also mentioned kafka and philip k. dick novels on a regular basis. just sayin'
...Is this some kind of sick joke? Quotes or it didn't happen. My Google search tells me you're full of shit. All I found was this. And even assuming it somehow did happen, mentioning Kafka and Philip K. Dick is hardly some kind of unique, singular event.
Yes but that, coupled with a proxy, plus jumping in during the copx thread really all point the same way: You are copx. Look at how butthurt copx was during that "I'm leaving" thread - and look at how butthurt you are here. This is precisely the kind of thing copx would be butthurt over.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
....one day a user will try to do the opposite, "I really AM <username)! FOR REAL! Why won't you believe me guys?!"
below his new nick would be Not <username>

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Yeah, there's a definite pattern in the right-wing trolling brigade. Proxy registrations, circle brofisting each other, e-mail accounts usually from mail.com and its subsidiaries, at some point getting into long esoteric arguments with me over the moderation of an internet forum as if it's like, the end of their little world or something.

zwanzig_zwoelf

What a stupid way to ask for help. :lol:
It's like someone shat himself, then tried to prove that he didn't, though his shit stinks, then he runs into the whorehouse for someone to back him up.
Yeah, it clearly reflects this situation.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Jesus fucking christ, Wandfucker. Take your custom title and wear it with some fucking BALLS. Nobody fucking gives a shit.

copx

!Copx went away forever for almost a week
How typical of an alt, knowingly using a proxy, to think he can use his IP address NOT matching as "evidence" that he's not an alt. :roll:
Hey jackass. Stop trying to make me prove the negative. That's pretty fucking insane. The burden of proof is on your end, not mine. And I just showed you, you have no fucking proof.

Holy shit. Did I just blow your mind? You have no proof I am copx. Go swallow that pill and ruminate on that fact: I am not copx, nor do you have any evidence that I could be copx except that somewhere in your diseased mind you want to believe that I am.

You're still not proving anything. Also, I am behind a proxy because *gasp* I value my privacy. You would probably have fucking googled my IP otherwise, which is reason enough for me not to trust you with my IP.

Yes but [1] that, [2] coupled with a proxy, [3] plus jumping in during the copx thread really all point the same way: You are copx. [4] Look at how butthurt copx was during that "I'm leaving" thread - and look at how butthurt you are here. This is precisely the kind of thing copx would be butthurt over.
What kind of braindead logic is this?
1) What the fuck is "that"?
2) Better go down that list son. They must all be copx too.
3) Yes, I jumped in during the copx thread, and on copx's side, even. *gasp* No, this does not make me copx.
4) So, you are taking my adamant refusal that I am not the individual you claim I am as proof that I must be that person?

What the fuck?

Yeah, there's a definite pattern in the right-wing trolling brigade. Proxy registrations, circle brofisting each other, e-mail accounts usually from mail.com and its subsidiaries, at some point getting into long esoteric arguments with me over the moderation of an internet forum as if it's like, the end of their little world or something.
Excellent. This is a conspiracy. Everyone is a copx.

Jesus fucking christ, Wandfucker. Take your custom title and wear it with some fucking BALLS. Nobody fucking gives a shit.
I would, to be honest. I just raised the shit with DU in the first place because I was like "wtf cut me some slack this is going to lead to dumb shit" but DU is annoying enough that shit gets heated. The only reason I took this to a public thread is because DU is enough of a jackass to set me up for a RPG Watch redirect that is still active on my account. I can circumvent the redirect, but I would much rather it were gone.

So please, get rid of the fucking redirect.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Hey jackass. Stop trying to make me prove the negative. That's pretty fucking insane. The burden of proof is on your end, not mine. And I just showed you, you have no fucking proof.
- You've registered with a proxy.
- You're using a proxy to post.
- You've signed up with a mail.com address.
- Your time zone matches copx (and is not the default).
- You entered the Codex defending copx after copx said he was leaving.

Evidence of you not being copx would be if you used your regular non-proxy address to post. We're the Codex ffs, not China - it's not like anyone's gonna hunt you down - unless you're paranoid about something or are trying to hide something from the Codex. Such as the fact that you are copx.

Holy shit. Did I just blow your mind?
Not really, no.

You have no proof I am copx. Go swallow that pill and ruminate on that fact: I am not copx, nor do you have any evidence that I could be copx except that somewhere in your diseased mind you want to believe that I am.
Except that's precisely what copx, having registered an alt and wanting to continue posting without criticism, would say.

You're still not proving anything. Also, I am behind a proxy because *gasp* I value my privacy. You would probably have fucking googled my IP otherwise, which is reason enough for me not to trust you with my IP.
Yes, googled it and found what, exactly? A match with copx no doubt.

Yes but [1] that, [2] coupled with a proxy, [3] plus jumping in during the copx thread really all point the same way: You are copx. [4] Look at how butthurt copx was during that "I'm leaving" thread - and look at how butthurt you are here. This is precisely the kind of thing copx would be butthurt over.
What kind of braindead logic is this?
1) What the fuck is "that"?
2) Better go down that list son. They must all be copx too.
Nah, most of them are old trolls who don't exhibit copx's personality traits.

3) Yes, I jumped in during the copx thread, and on copx's side, even. *gasp* No, this does not make me copx.
4) So, you are taking my adamant refusal that I am not the individual you claim I am as proof that I must be that person?
Yes. The logic is quite sound.

What the fuck?
Yes, what the fuck copx, what the fuck indeed.

Excellent. This is a conspiracy. Everyone is a copx.
No, just you.

I would, to be honest. I just raised the shit with DU in the first place because I was like "wtf cut me some slack this is going to lead to dumb shit"
Yes, we must avoid dumb shit on the Codex at all costs.

but DU is annoying enough that shit gets heated. The only reason I took this to a public thread is because DU is enough of a jackass to set me up for a RPG Watch redirect that is still active on my account. I can circumvent the redirect, but I would much rather it were gone.

So please, get rid of the fucking redirect.
Oh, so you're willing to accept your copx title now and only want the re-direct removed? Why the sudden change of heart copx? Have you finally accepted we know who you are?

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
I do use proxies from time to time in additon to creating throwaway mail.com addresses. It's not that strange.

Requesting him to use his real IP address would defeat the point, because proxies are used precisely to guard against using private information without permission, such as looking up someone's IP address and finding grounds to watchwitz a user. :smug:

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Fun Fact™: We've Watch-witzed many users precisely because they use proxies. :smug:

:smug: :smug: :smug:

:smug:

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
itt someone(sup drog?) is impersonating copx then claiming to not be copx.

2/10 others already did this before and better.

-Qwinn

Well played DU, you got me to make one more post.

I have nothing to do with that Wanderer account. I have never used alts. Wanderer seems to be an oldfag alt LARPer. Bryce? Chefe? Drog? Don't know, don't care. Do with the guy what you want.

However I don't want my bro Cassidy to think that idiot is me. Or anyone interested in my projects for that matter.

And Fowyr, please stop calling Blood and Iron "Nahlakh-esque". You shouldn't judge a book by its cover. It may has similar graphics but gameplay is very different. I have written a lot about the concept here, it's a tactical RPG (as in SRPG) heavily based on the tabletop game Mordheim. I have never played Nahlakh but it seems to be an early 90s-style PC RPG. There are rather extreme differences here e.g. characters in Blood and Iron die and it's no big deal because they are "troops" not "characters" etc.

BTW, I am actually programming again right now. Quitting the 'Dex and thus my productivity killing GD habit was a very good decision. However real life is busy and even if I actually manage to release something new I can't tell at this point what it will be. A new Mare Apertum release, new Blood and Iron, or an entirely different new project. So don't wait for anything.

If someone wants to reach me remember that I haven't dropped off the internet. I just don't feel like wasting my time with this place anymore. E.g. you can find me here..

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...&pp=30&daysprune=100&sort=lastpost&order=desc
Magna Mundi modding (for Mare Apertum talk - sorry pirates you actually have to buy the game to post in that forum):

Or at sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/biron/
Home of my Blood and Iron project (you can also email me with the contact info there)

Or at hacker news: https://www.hnsearch.com/search#request/all&q=copx

etc. Just not here anymore.

Don't expect another post from me here.

P.S.: I have no idea who "philip k. dick" is

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Out of the blue, copx materializes in the forum he said he'd no longer read, solely to defend his alt in site feedback.

:bravo:

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
And Fowyr, please stop calling Blood and Iron "Nahlakh-esque". You shouldn't judge a book by its cover. It may has similar graphics but gameplay is very different. I have written a lot about the concept here, it's a tactical RPG (as in SRPG) heavily based on the tabletop game Mordheim. I have never played Nahlakh but it seems to be an early 90s-style PC RPG. There are rather extreme differences here e.g. characters in Blood and Iron die and it's no big deal because they are "troops" not "characters" etc.
Sorry, my memory is just fuzzy. I don't closely followed you project, because I'm too tired to see how would-be good games get cancelled left and right. Better to have pleasant surprise when game is released than have another reason for depression.
And Nahlakh-esque is a word of great praise in my book. Nahlakh had a great and very deep tactical combat with 8 character party and tons of enemies.
In any case, I wish you luck in your endeavors, copx.
:salute:

The Wanderer
As copx said what you are not him, and I don't have reasons to not believe him ( :M ), I have an advice for you.
Wear this title with pride, other people pay their money just to get what you already have.
Welcome to the Codex. Enjoy your stay.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
cBFcfdI.jpg

copx

!Copx went away forever for almost a week
Hey copx,

Thanks for putting this to rest. Frankly, I don't give a fuck if people say I'm you from hereon out. I'll just forward them the same links you just dropped. For the record, I never claimed or pretended to be you. I was just trying to avoid this same shit: That people would associate me with you and your projects.

Also, you should totally check out Philip K. Dick. Hell of a mind trip sci-fi author. You've probably at least heard of Blade Runner and Minority Report which came from his writings.

Peace.

Protip DU, you should embed hidden images that you IP track into the registration emails.
Worth a shot I guess, but I even check and register my mail account under a proxy. Also, most mail hosts block images in emails precisely to prevent this kind of tracking. (Mostly because it lets spammers instantly confirm if an email is real by seeing which image URLs got loaded.)

The Wanderer
As copx said what you are not him, and I don't have reasons to not believe him, I have an advice for you.
Wear this title with pride, other people pay their money just to get what you already have.
Welcome to the Codex. Enjoy your stay.
Right. Tbh I don't really care about custom titles. This one's got issues (as mentioned), but whatever.

PS: Now DU, VoD, Trash, or whoever else has the powers: Could you please remove the watch redirect and let me post normally now?

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
PS: Now DU, VoD, Trash, or whoever else has the powers: Could you please remove the watch redirect and let me post normally now?
As you've gone to the length of re-posting with your copx account, I'll un-watchwitz you.

Glad to have you back copx. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom