Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grounded - shrunken kids first-person co-op survival game from Obsidian

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Join Shyla, Obsidian's Social Media Manager, as she gives you a brief overview of some of the basics in Grounded. This will help you prepare for the tiny taste of the backyard life you will get to experience, starting June 16th and going through June 22nd, with the Xbox Insider Flight and Steam Game Festival.

Jump to Different Sections
What is Grounded? - 0:11
Explore, Build, and Craft - 0:50
not-so Wildlife - 2:14
Coming up Next Time - 3:17

Flou

Arbiter
Fuck me. Her glasses are an insult towards anyone who needs to wear glasses. Which ever company makes those glasses should be burnt down to the ground and the owners publicly humiliated.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there a Manpower like company for social media community managers that everyone hires from? They all look the same, men or women alike.

ADL

Prophet
Anyone wanna try this?

PgtpZDZ.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado

That looked pretty cool tbh. I dislike the game's particular cartoony aesthetic which we have seen for ages already, but that bit of the ladybug killing the spider and being able to jump in and reap both rewards was cool.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
the demo is great and fantastic truly one of the best obsidian creations in a long time. major props to adam brennecke for such a successful endeavor. looks like another feargus urquhart slam dunk*

*I did not play the demo...

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
You know what, fuck this. FUCK. THIS. I just want Rick Moranis back for the new 'Honey, I Shrunk the Kids' movie.

2ef288cd8d59406eee61998f50744c0fba791961.jpg

Which is actually happening:

Last edited:

Mojobeard

Augur
I tried it and did not hate the demo as much as I expected. It was alright to control, and maybe had some story, and it looks ok.
But then the survival-crafting crap kept piling on. I know it's beating a dead horse, but that was already getting old by the third hour of Minecraft a decade ago. Do they expect people to pay money for this, in 2020?

urmom

Learned
I hope the game is successful. Maybe they can make another RPG afterward. I don't really have a horse in this race though. My expectations for Obsidian are low, but I am not going to get upset about it.

sser

Arcane
Developer
You shouldn't kill bugs. It upsets the ecosystem and--and, and as a thinking, philosophical creature, to kill a bug is to make things personal and these bugs don't even know who you are. It's just rude.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I hope the game is successful. Maybe they can make another RPG afterward. I don't really have a horse in this race though. My expectations for Obsidian are low, but I am not going to get upset about it.
Aren't they already working on TOW2? And some other smaller project?

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Aren't they already working on TOW2? And some other smaller project?

Big Fantasy AAA game
Sawyer's mini game
TOW DLC
TOW 2
Grounded.
That rocks, even more games than I was aware of. Can't wait for TOW 2, so excited.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Fuck me. Her glasses are an insult towards anyone who needs to wear glasses. Which ever company makes those glasses should be burnt down to the ground and the owners publicly humiliated.
Fuck you, they're good for keeping jizz out of the eyes.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Join Shyla, Obsidian's Social Media Manager, as she shares some of the features that help make surviving easier in Grounded. Find out how unlocking recipes will work, find out how to customize your Hot Pouch, see the different radials in the game and how they can help you out while playing, and more!

Making Survival Easier - 0:00
Discovery, Unlocking Recipes, and Death - 0:24
Hot Pouch and Radials Galore - 2:11
What to Expect Next - 3:31

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

In today's dev vlog join Shyla, Obsidian's Social Media Manager, as she goes over some of the basics of base building in Grounded. A quick review on how to discover recipes and unlock the blueprints, some information on what Creative Mode will be in the game, and a few examples of some bases built by the team!

Base Building 101 - 0:00
Unlocking Blueprints - 0:20
Construction Time! - 1:53
Release Your Building Creativity - 2:54
No Two Bases are the Same - 3:28
What to Expect Next - 4:54

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i like how in the new trailer they just straight-up tell you to play Cyberpunk instead ^_^

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom