Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News GSC returns - developing Cossacks III. Now with screenshots!

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Cossacks; Cossacks III; GSC Games

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2015/05/cossacks3-1.png

GSC Games has returned, but they are not developing a new Stalker game.

Instead they're creating a sequel to their classic RTS Cossacks, called Cossacks III.

Considering the first two Cossacks games are some of the most well-regarded RTS games around, I suppose this is reason for celebration.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I'm not mad ad them for not starting new Stalker. There's enough mods and new are coming (like Wormwood aka Misery done right) and some standalone inspired titles like Survenge, which started with ShoC ported to CryEngine (still some alpha float around on fishy soviet sites).
Not to mention previous fishy attempts done by imposters who think console devkits can be easly downloaded from torrents.

exe

Augur
Are the Cossacks game really that good? I never played them and heard they were meh.

titus

Arcane
Patron
Are the Cossacks game really that good? I never played them and heard they were meh.
At the time they were unique. In a good way. Hopefully they won't shit on the series although I doubt the old employees are still there.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wheeee, my favourite strategy games in my mid teens. Loved the era, and the AoE gameplay with added realism

Cossacks was one of my favorite games in midschool. If they manage to recreate even half of the charm it would be awesome.

Ruin

Barely Literate
I think I read somewhere that eventually they will do Stalker2. New cossacks is cool though.

Luzur

Good Sir
"We decided to do a remake of the first Cossacks with all its original gameplay, but also give players updated graphics and a new story," Grigorovich told Polygon. "We really think that many of the players who were too young in 2001 to play Cossacks literally missed out on it and will be impressed by the gameplay of this classic RTS."

Eh, HD remake of the first game.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
I don't see the point. This doesn't look better than the original game, it's trying very hard to be HD and that's it. All the original need is a multiplayer fix and a bunch of more missions if you are mad enough to have done the others.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Bitching about reusing assets from previous titles... on the Codex? Like for real?

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
what? This is a RTS all they're doing is making the graphics HD, probably by ripping off the original old ones and putting them in the game as they were modeled originally. This does not deserve your money.

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
I'm actually pretty okay with it being an HD remake (muh nostalgia). The only thing I think would be cool would be retrofitting it with the projectile and morale systems from American Conquest, but leaving out garrisonable buildings which unnecessarily slowed down gameplay.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
what? This is a RTS all they're doing is making the graphics HD, probably by ripping off the original old ones and putting them in the game as they were modeled originally. This does not deserve your money.
This is as retarded as saying that Fallout 2 doesn't deserve your money because it uses assets from Fallout.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom