Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guido Fawkes (aka FretRider) should not be banned

FretRider should not be banned

• Indeed, he should not be banned, I love him and his stalinistic antics

Votes: 41 21.2%
  • (LIBRUL) Ban him

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • (MILDLY LIBRUL) Exile him to RPGWatch

Votes: 29 15.0%
  • (STRONGLY LIBRUL) Ban him and Moribund

Votes: 47 24.4%
  • (ANARCHIST) Free Jim Profit!

Votes: 38 19.7%

• Total voters

Monty

Arcane
It's amusing how the alts suddenly appear on the same threads, and come up with feeble justifications like "someone told me in mirc about all this shit".

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Didn't DU say there were like half a dozen posters who used the same proxy as HHR and it included FretRider, Tommy, and some other people? Probably all the same person. Multiple-personality disorder.

Repressed Homosexual
I wouldn't be perfectly fluent in French if I was all those other posters.

What DU and other admins have mostly shown is gross hyperbole and lies about who is an alt of who. I have been accused of being many different people.

My VPN is BolehVPN, which I use for personal reasons, mostly to encrypt my traffic when I use free wifi.

And it's funny that every time I point out these things, the mods and admins who threw these wild and baseless accusations are nowhere to be seen, or reply only with fluff.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I wouldn't be perfectly fluent in French if I was all those other posters.

What DU and other admins have mostly shown is gross hyperbole and lies about who is an alt of who. I have been accused of being many different people.

My VPN is BolehVPN, which I use for personal reasons, mostly to encrypt my traffic when I use free wifi.

And it's funny that every time I point out these things, the mods and admins who threw these wild and baseless accusations are nowhere to be seen, or reply only with fluff.

Well, to be fair I start with the base supposition that you're mentally ill, anyway. I mean who goes on the internet to proselytize on an internet forum about video games and gets into petty grade school level spats with the moderators? Keeping that in mind it's wholly plausible you would make half a dozen accounts to engage in debate with others... and yourself.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
ManWhoJaped said:
Crispy said:
You sure are an emotional guy, bryce.

Dude, I am far from emotional more like the opposite but this has gone on for 5 years or more at this point. Bad enough with the "in joke" bullshit but to go right into the blatant lies territory is crossing the line, especially from a guy who previously has revealed personal info about me like my workplace and name. After that someone contacted my boss and tried to get me fired, thankfully he could have given two shits but if I were a worse employee or had an asshole boss it could have been a disaster.

:lol:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Yeah, that's fair to say. Hope I'm not viewed in the same light at someone like bryce, though. I really do mostly do all this for the lulz.

Monty

Arcane
For someone who said he was finished with this place and asked to be banned, Fretrider remains remarkably obsessed with the Codex. His antics on that Watch thread are pretty bizarre.

Repressed Homosexual
ManWhoJaped said:
Crispy said:
You sure are an emotional guy, bryce.

Dude, I am far from emotional more like the opposite but this has gone on for 5 years or more at this point. Bad enough with the "in joke" bullshit but to go right into the blatant lies territory is crossing the line, especially from a guy who previously has revealed personal info about me like my workplace and name. After that someone contacted my boss and tried to get me fired, thankfully he could have given two shits but if I were a worse employee or had an asshole boss it could have been a disaster.

:lol:

"B-b-b-b-b-but when Dicksmoker got stalked I really was outraged about it!"

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Says the guy who started a campaign defending the guy who stalked Dicksmoker...

Stones, glass, houses, pot, kettle.

Repressed Homosexual
Andhaira isn't the one who unmasked his real identity, and he isn't the one who stood idly while he had the power to nip this incident in the bud, it even took a police visit from another unrelated incident to make these people reconsider their ways and protect their members. Blaming him in particular for this would be unfair when there are far bigger culprits. By that time the genie was out of the bottle. He also had good intentions and meant to defend Dicksmoker based on his message, and eventually he was remorseful of having done it. If he does indeed repent, there is no reason to give him more blame than anyone else who mocked Dicksmoker, or fanned the flames of that thread, or tried to unearth more information. I completely abstained from partaking in the thread and tried to advice Dicksmoker privately. If you'd really cared the best way was not to feed this circus.

If you find sadistic enjoyment in seeing someone else get trouble, you're just mean spirited, and it doesn't work when you try to pass it off as being just a joke after. If you really find joy in seeing even if someone you despise getting potential real-life trouble and having his livelihood in jeopardy, you're a jerk.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
HHH is the most humorless person on this codex. Not a single post would suggest that he once even smiled.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom