Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guild Wars

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Are you getting it? Me: YES! Simply because an MMORPG where there is no fee appeals to my cheap side, plus if it's better than the MM's out there already, than it will definitely interest me. any others?

Astromarine

Erudite
yes. I've preordered it last year, and plan on trying to wean my wife off WoW with it. How much I actually play it will depend on her, as gaming is something we do together lately. When I'm not playing with her I'm working on my Warhammer stuff

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Absolutely. I'm preordering my copy on Friday. I haven't decided whether to go with the Collector's Edition for the art book/music or the regular version.

By the way, yeah, we should start a Guild. I'll probably start one since I'll be playing quite a bit. Besides Saint and some of the other #fallout guys, I've already got a few other guys lined up to join and play with us.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
I'm looking at the graphics and I'm deciding not to. I have a capable system, or so I'd like to think (AMD chipset, 1.35 Ghz approximately, 512 of RAM, Radeon Pro 9700), but it's showing its age. Vampire Bloodlines is largely a choke fest on my system, and those graphics of Guild Wars suggest it'd be more of a chokefest.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
I don't know, Bloodlines ran worse on my system than Guild Wars. I just think that Bloodlines suffered from a shit optimization.

Slaytanic

Educated
I'll prolly get it too sooner or later, have to look into it better first.
Would love to join that guild too :lol: .

Surlent

Liturgist
If you have checked the tryout previews, you know you got to get this game. It rocks !

Mendoza

Liturgist
I wouldn't worry about those specs Roleplayer, I have the same graphics card and amount of memory as you, and it ran beautifully when I played it. Where as Bloodlines had bad framerates and awful loading times.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I'll be getting Guild Wars. After all, it's free once you buy it. That really got me curious the first time I heard about the game. And I tried it out during the beta, it was awesome once you got into it - and I'm really not a Diablo hack n' slash type of player. :)

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
I've got mine pre-ordered, problem being... I'm moving the day before it ships, so it will be chasing me across the entire United States. After that, may not have broadband for a while.

Might be 2 months or so before I get a chance to play it. Indeed. I don't think I'll survive.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I was going to get it, but I got robbed by my friends and have no more money. Don't have a job either, unfortunately. I'll just wait until Exitium complains about how much it sucks after he says it's awesome. That will make me feel better, yea.. :lol:

Fez

Erudite
That'd a flip-flop so hard it'd destroy the fabric of the universe. THINK OF THE CHILDREN, EX!

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Role-Player said:
I'm looking at the graphics and I'm deciding not to. I have a capable system, or so I'd like to think (AMD chipset, 1.35 Ghz approximately, 512 of RAM, Radeon Pro 9700), but it's showing its age. Vampire Bloodlines is largely a choke fest on my system, and those graphics of Guild Wars suggest it'd be more of a chokefest.

Heh, that's where you're deceived. The game runs on my old AMD 1.2 Thunderbird, 512mb of RAM and GeForce 4 Ti4200 at a framerate no less than 40. Granted I disable AA and AF, but it still looks great. It's not a chokefest at all. If my old heap can run it great there's no question that you'll be playing it at a very impressive performance.

Fez

Erudite
Opinions on how good the game is aside, do you think it will be a success financially?

If it is, it should become a trend setter.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
It should be, given the heavy press coverage over the months and the whole "holy shit, a free mmorpg I dont have to pay for!" angle.

Fez

Erudite
Do you think it'll be a spinepunch to the rest of the MMOG market?

merry andrew

Erudite
I'll probably pre-order it in a few days. Cuz I mean, even if I stop playing, at least I won't have some monthly subscription to deal with.

Plus a lot of people from school are playing it, so I can finally fit in! :o

Greatatlantic

Erudite
I just got a come on for this game from Gamestop. Cover looks nice and all, but I just don't have the time to sink into an MMO. Not that I've ever played an MMO, but I've heard stories.

guildd_top.jpg

guildd_box.jpg
guildd_collect.jpg
guildd_bonus.jpg

guildd_screens.jpg

guildd_logos.jpg

I doubt Gamestop would be mad at me for leaching their band with in this manner, would they? Oh, and whats with the "preview beta" in the heading?

merry andrew

Erudite
Greatatlantic said:
I just got a come on for this game from Gamestop. Cover looks nice and all, but I just don't have the time to sink into an MMO. Not that I've ever played an MMO, but I've heard stories.
That's the nice thing about this one. It's about guild warfare, not level treadmills and phat lewtz. They've put player skill before hours played, unlike pretty much every other MMO. Read the FAQ or somethin, it might be what you're looking for.

Oh, and whats with the "preview beta" in the heading?
They've been having "Beta Weekends" once a month, which are basically open betas except that you have to get a key somehow (from various promotions, current beta testers, if you pre-ordered, etc.). This weekend (15-17) is the last Beta Weekend before launch.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
89.99 for CE? No fucking way. I'm thinking about ordering the CE for 69.99 at Fry's.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom