Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guildmaster: Gratuitous Subtitle - comedic fantasy turn-based tactical adventure

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://jimmakesgames.com

ss_6ac7b1f9979d178f4bfd2784e8176c212a367cfb.1920x1080.jpg

ss_6525d187cddc4ee9040eea2b134966456f56637d.1920x1080.jpg

Developed by some guy who has been doing a small Youtube channel with retro game LPs.

Guildmaster: Gratuitous Subtitle is an irreverent fantasy adventure, juxtaposing humourous dialogue with challenging tactical combat in a world of elemental magic and sneaky goblins.

As the Guildmaster you will command an ever changing party of four heroes into turn-based tactical combat. Assemble a party from a growing guild of heroes, each with a unique set of skills. Equip them from an arsenal of hundreds of weapons, each providing a different set of attacks to the wielder. Take on quests in dungeons, caves, forests and villages. To prevail you will need to master the skills of your heroes, position them effectively, and use their abilities in tandem to overwhelm the enemy forces. The Guildmaster's support spells can make the difference in a battle. Use them wisely!

GifsCompiledHalfSize.gif

Features
  • Challenging turn-based combat
  • Fifteen heroes to recruit, each with different combinations of skills
  • Weapon-based abilities, each weapon grants a unique combination of attacks
  • Combine melee fighters, archers and spellcasters in a party of four to take on each quest
  • Choose your Guildmaster's appearance and their spells as they level up
  • An irreverent storyline with humourous dialogue between the quests

Last edited by a moderator:

curds

Magister
I like the look of this. The visuals really appeal to me for some reason. The title of the game makes me cringe, though. I feel like comedy games are really hard to pull off tastefully.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
There's something weird about this. It looks like a combination of bad pixel art and decent 3d modeling, but it doesn't look like he did the pixel art over the models. It looks bad, but in a strangely charming way.

Jim Makes Games

Jim Makes Games
Developer
Hey thanks for the feedback about Guildmaster! :D

I'm glad to hear that it's looking appealing. I can certainly understand the skepticism about parody games, and Szaretribly makes a good point. However I am confident that the mechanics are solid, and the story / dialogue is there to enhance what's there, not to make up for the game's mechanics lacking. It's not Goat Simulator the RPG.

The humour actually comes from the juxtaposition of the comedic dialogue alongside the otherwise serious presentation. That style certainly won't be for everyone, but I hope that for the people who do like that sort of thing, it will impress. If not, the dialogue can be skipped through easily to get to the battles quickly.

I should point out in the interests of clarity that I wouldn't exactly call this an RPG, while it does have some RPG elements. It's a mix of that and some tactical squad combat, not unlike X-Com or Card Hunter, which were two of the inspirations.

Anyway, thank you for sharing the news about my game. I'm hoping it will do well and be enjoyed by many! Cheers!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom