Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Guile & Glory: Firstborn is a tactical RPG with puzzle encounters and an oldschool arcade aesthetic

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Full game will have 100 maps or 1,000 and custom create your own?
more important whether it got save feature :happytrollboy:

demo itself didnt spark enough confidence for me to buy it. Maps provided are nowhere near into the breach complexity/fun.
Class upgrades are... meh. There are like 3 distinct subclasses with numerical upgrades. No better skills, just amount of movement/actions. Again, into the breach possible loadouts are on another level.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Added to my wishlist.

I'll get around to playing this at some point, but what makes me curious about this game is its focus on mechanics and positioning.

I've always been a fan of the tactics type games.

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
Nobody bought it? Forgot all Codexers are poor af.
I am quite bored and have nothing good to play :/

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
Ok, bought it.
It's kind of fun, but leave a taste for more.
Finished a few levels.
But meh... not that amazing.
Slowly gets more stuff to do... and like... nothing brilliant.

Edit: I have refunded it. Reason: It's not fun.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hah, the reviews make it sound like mechanics are added to the game with each new level.

Why was the game not fun? Was it too simple?

Money isnt the issue with me though, it's just a matter of time right now.

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
Well... I mean, the first 3 levels were fun.
Then it started to add like archers... and I was like... oh boy... more arbitrary mechanics.
I didn't see anything brilliant.
The levels also got a little less puzzle like, and more... generic and long.
Well I didn't advance a lot, but at least after the third of fourth level, it started to feel arbitrary.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It looks exactly like a puzzle game with a fantasy aesthetic.
having finished the game, it's exactly what it is
There are like 3 distinct subclasses with numerical upgrades. No better skills, just amount of movement/actions. Again, into the breach possible loadouts are on another level.
You get more skills as the game progress, like having the barb's push be two tile instead of one. By the end of the game, I was wiping out half a dozen of enemies in one turn.

Had some fun clearing the maps, especially against basic enemies

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom