Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Guise of the Wolf: Sweet looking Horror/Action/Adventure greenlit on Steam. Free demo available

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
http://guisewolf.fun-creators.com/default.html

Guise Of The Wolf is a 1st person Action-Adventure game. Varieties of gameplay elements and the ability to switch smoothly between Action & Adventure modes are the main characteristics of Guise Of The Wolf.

As Action gameplay elements, Guise Of The Wolf uses:
1) WereWolf power to fight & smash obstacles
2) WereWolf platforming
3) Chasing and escaping elements - under pressure
4) Stealth elements (Hiding, stealing items, listening to conversations, and... more)

As Adventure gameplay elements, the game uses:
1) Non-linear exploration elements
2) Solving puzzles, including:
  • Create potions by mixing ingredients
  • Switch between human/werewolf forms at the right time and place
3) Immersion elements, which are deployed using:
  • Mysterious story with multiple endings
  • Some RPG and decision making elements
  • Original music track developed exclusively for the game
Special Features
  • The unique "play As a Werewolf" indie game of 2013
  • Atmospheric game (see below)
  • 6-7 hours playing time with an affordable price including digital copy of the game music track
  • Free Updates and new areas to explore will be released frequently
  • Full voice-over dialogue and subtitles deliver a chilling tale
  • Xbox 360 Controller support with vibration function
Story In the medieval Kingdom of Uhorsko, a young alchemist named Dominik is summoned to assist in stopping a ravenous beast. Dominik's goals soon change as he discovers he has been bitten, and cursed to become the very thing he has set out to stop. Now he must delve further into a dark castle in search of a cure, and cold answers to the enigma he finds himself entangled in along the way.

Atmosphere
Guise Of The Wolf is a classic indie-style with gothic atmosphere. Feel free to use moonlight to transform into a werewolf at any time and try to discover secret paths in order to survive being hunted in the darkest places.​
Release date is going to be soon for the full version. It was going to be September but after getting greenlit they are preparing the Steam bundle.

I'm downloading the demo now. Looks good. I especially like the touch of 2 different play styles, the physically weak and combat inept human form, and werewolf form. (if only it had been vampyre)

While I like the sound of transforming in moonlight, I would have preferred transformation at will. But it appears there will be plenty of opportunities to transform and you are not forced to do it most of the time.. Also, I would have enjoyed some type of char gen. Even if being an alchemist is essential, maybe I could pump some points in STR and swordplay.

Lastly only 7 hours of gameplay initially...game better be cheap and additional DLC better come soon (and be cheap too!)

Jaesun Humanity has risen!

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Crap, the download crashed and since I downloaded in fucking Firefox it cannot auto resume.

Thankfully, I just noticed the website alos offers a torrent version of the download so will use that.

Something really weird: The trailers of the game on YouTube linked from the game site showcase good graphics, with a gothic flair. The site warns that the demo graphics are of a pre alpha build. Ok I get that, I would love Amnesia level graphics in the final game. Buuuut I just saw a trailer on Steam and it appears that version is cell shaded and TBH does not look very good graphically. So I don't know wtf is up with that. Hopefully it was just something they did for that steam video....

But again, I haven't played it yet. Wil try it out and let you guys know. Apparently the demo has 35-45 min of gameplay and no spoilers (apparently)

The demo is an abomination which makes the Blade of Destiny remake look like a work of genius. The character movement has all the grace of a cannonball sliding on ice (regardless of the actual surface), there are invisible walls everywhere, loading screens pop up after every dozen steps or so (has to be experienced to be believed), inventory is combined with journal and an auto-save system into something reminiscent of bad early 90s shareware, the writing is straight out of a C-grade horror movie, the long-winded, fully (and badly) voiced dialogues are unskippable - and to top it all off, playing on a widescreen monitor screwed the graphics up to the point where you can't use the inventory at all. Bravo.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
:lol:

Well they will optimize it for the final version. Plus it got greenlit and has high ratings so it can't be that bad for everyone.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Why does the demo install on C: despite setting a different install directory? And no settings in the menu? I mean, no resolution and nothing? And why does the Uninstaller crash on me?

Well, the demo is from February 2013 so I hope a lot happened in the meantime. Royal Hungary, Gothic and Werewolves are just too good to be ignored, so I hope the devs get their shit together for the final release.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Why does the demo install on C: despite setting a different install directory? And no settings in the menu? I mean, no resolution and nothing? And why does the Uninstaller crash on me?

Well, the demo is from February 2013 so I hope a lot happened in the meantime. Royal Hungary, Gothic and Werewolves are just too good to be ignored, so I hope the devs get their shit together for the final release.

So how is it exactly? The gameplay and gothic flavor I mean?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom