Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Gust/Koei games or Fairy Tail - MagicxGuildxjRPG

AliceAlcina

Learned
https://www.gematsu.com/2020/05/fairy-tail-game-cloud-matsuri-2020-gameplay

Newest entry to Gust games catalogue is Fairy Tail game based on anime fanservice. Game in flagship Atelier series Lulua done so poorly, Gust was told to have one chance with Atelier Ryza. Ryza was success, and Gust confirmed they are working on Atelier once again. Along the Fairy Tail, the new Magic x Guild x jRPG with turn based combat reminiscent of Atelier's olde formula. Game was at least twice delayed, perhaps due to corona beer, or perhaps to KoeiTechmo x Gust x slavery formula.
Anyway, there's new gameplay.
I plan to spend cash on new Fairy Tail games. Party based games are my weakness, turn based not. Foolishly optimistic.

AliceAlcina

Learned
Koei lost its mind... but I would still buy it as my last Gust purchase... steam price is up 70€/85€ standard/deluxe, I simply wonder why it can't be 49€, like I hoped.

Endemic

Arcane
Koei lost its mind... but I would still buy it as my last Gust purchase... steam price is up 70€/85€ standard/deluxe, I simply wonder why it can't be 49€, like I hoped.

Koei have been like that for a while, just look at the Atelier Ryza\Lulua DLC. At least Dusk DX had a good launch discount.

AliceAlcina

Learned

Koei have been like that for a while, just look at the Atelier Ryza\Lulua DLC. At least Dusk DX had a good launch discount.

Can't deny I didn't left whole lotta money in Lulua, even those not necessary dlcs But man...

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

I threw Warriors Orochi 4 on my wishlist a while ago. Game came out in 2018, 90% of it is recycled content. Game is still full price and has never gone on sale. I think they don't want people to play their games.

Shadenuat

Arcane
The Fairy Tail is easy cash, but they of course do it wrong. What it should be is some rpg/management like Fire Emblem+VC, where you could run your own guild, hire mages, grow them as characters and send them on missions + dialogue and other kawai desu stuff.
Well whatever, maybe it will give them enough money to bring back time management into Atelier.

Last edited:

OldNorseSaga

Learned
So, I played Fairy Tail and encountered two big issues... I'm certain game flopped like crazy.

flyingjohn

Arcane
This a pretty big meh game.

-Way too easy
-Too little locations and they are boring
-Story is shounen inducing garbage
-They fucked up stats.Attack is all that matters and some characters will always have low attack making them useless.
-Chain attack/awakening make persona all out attacks seem tame
-Guild stuff is bare bones and makes the game easier
-Only jrpg in existence where you can't even equip a weapon.Only passive augments
-Enemy and side quest variety is BORING

The only positive is tits galore,but that ain't enough.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I bought it for Switch. Never watched or read or whatever the thing before. Game is complete trash, runs at 10fps half the time. I can usually stomach a lot of shit for tits, but they're not even that good as all the characters are pretty much minor variations of each other, and every girl that isn't meant to look like a 10 year old has humongous tits. It's not sexy if it's rampant.

Meanwhile Xenoblade Chronicles looks better, runs better and is more fun. I'd get a refund if I could on this other piece of crap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom