Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime GW went batshit insane.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/04/new-titan-forge-worlds-teaser.html

A 28mm scale Warlord titan. It's so retarded. The mini will be 60cm tall and will cost over 1000$.

What the fuck? How will it even work, it would probably rape whole enemy army in one turn.

Apocalypse is so fucking retarded. I mean, fucking titans in 28mm?

How about bringing back Epic instead?

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
It's Forge World, what do you expect. Be glad it is not an Imperator.

Imperator would be impossible to field. While we're at it I don't, for the love of me, understand why exactly should anyone buy this. I mean, it'll cost a fortune. You'll probably be able to buy a used car for the price of this toy. Then you'll have to find a place to store it and a way to transport it to tournaments (Apocalypse only). Theeeen once you'll field it it'll draw the fire of every, single unit your enemy has on the table. And Apocalypse makes taking out Titans really fucking easy. So... why should anyone buy it at all?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
To brag you have it. You are aware some people just collect and paint the miniatures, right? No doubt this will be some limited number of copies deal.

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
To brag you have it. You are aware some people just collect and paint the miniatures, right? No doubt this will be some limited number of copies deal.

I understand, since I'm one of those people. However I'd hate to have a (probably) 1500 $ mini that would only collect dust and would not see much action on the table.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
GW went batshit insane.

GW went off the deep end some years ago. We're talking about the company that can't allow video developers to adapt their rulesets into games or everyone would stop buying their models and rely on virtual figurines instead.

Whatever random nonsense of the week they have going now shouldn't surprise anyone.

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
People spend thousands of $ to have their minis painted to put them in a vitrine. There seems to be a certain - and not too small - number of affluent collectors given the volume of overpriced special editions even Black Library releases.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Imperator would be impossible to field. While we're at it I don't, for the love of me, understand why exactly should anyone buy this. I mean, it'll cost a fortune. You'll probably be able to buy a used car for the price of this toy. Then you'll have to find a place to store it and a way to transport it to tournaments (Apocalypse only). Theeeen once you'll field it it'll draw the fire of every, single unit your enemy has on the table. And Apocalypse makes taking out Titans really fucking easy. So... why should anyone buy it at all?
Well, there are people spending 1/10-2/10 of their minimum wage on gaming stuff or books. I suspect that a senior programmer could easily afford a Warlord.

As for the collector's aspect... I would never collect GW miniatures because they are in the grotesque 28mm scale.

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
Well, there are people spending 1/10-2/10 of their minimum wage on gaming stuff or books. I suspect that a senior programmer could easily afford a Warlord.

As for the collector's aspect... I would never collect GW miniatures because they are in the grotesque 28mm scale.

Well their models are really well made, which somewhat explains their steep price. Anyway I'm buying most of them from Allegro (polish eBay), clean and repaint them. Even that method means that I'm struggling financialy, with three armies I currently posses. I'm not complaining tough - this is a great hobby and I really enjoy playing on my modular terrain.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
It's not like this is any kind of fresh news - Tau Manta, for example, exists for a long while already. Actually, it was made even before apoc rules were released. And, well, it's a big fucking ugly piece of rubber that costs $1500. At the time I've actually bothered to follow W40k (which was probably 4-5 years ago) they sold about 10 of them. Probably a bit more now. That's just how that hobby works, I guess - it's not like the usual models are not overpriced as hell.

Old Hans

Arcane
"oh great here comes that faggot Jerry with his 1 titan army list"

*and its just spray painted one color

Derek Larp

Cipher
GW went off the deep end some years ago. We're talking about the company that can't allow video developers to adapt their rulesets into games or everyone would stop buying their models and rely on virtual figurines instead.

Why not also sell the virtual figurines on Steam? :troll:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The only change will be that GW will sell 3D printer files for you to print yourself where the file alone will cost more than the minis today and will reap even more money than they do today. Like with digital copies on Steam costing more than boxed copies at a brick and mortar store.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
told you.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom