Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Haegemonia: Legions of Iron - bug?

Discussion in 'Strategy and Simulation' started by MRSA, Mar 25, 2012.

1. MRSA Scholar

MRSA
    Anyone of you :obviously: gentlemen have played Haegemonia: Legions of Iron? Why everytime I load a save game the textures disappear and ships, bases etc are all transparent? Is it a known bug? Am I supposed not to save the game at all and finish the campaign in one sitting :ironman: ? Am I supposed to get rid of the game at once? WTF is this shit? Game patched v1.09 BTW.

Help me Codex, you are my only hope...

^ Top  
  2. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    The problem is in your computer.

^ Top  
  3. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer Sad Loser

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Yes that's a bug, the game has some problems with the graphics card. Unfortunately the game's official site no longer exists, they had a fix on that. Without that, I can't help you. The patch is not enough.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. MRSA Scholar

MRSA
    Thanks man, you're a BRO!
    :bro:

^ Top  
  5. GreenWarfare Novice

GreenWarfare
    Funny, I just digged this game out after I finally decided to setup a dual-boot system - trying to play Haegemonia on Vista or 7 did never work for me.

Still, I also encountered this transparent bug when loading. Luckily, I just found the solution in an eight year old thread inside a German forum. (for those of you who understand German: http://www.planet3dnow.de/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=172263).

There's a problem with a single file, the starfield.mat (obviously this is plain text in many versions and was not compiled for whatever reason). If you have The Solon Heritage installed, just replace the starfield.mat from Haegemonia against that from TSH. The files are located in the ..\Shaders\materials folders of both games.

If you do not have TSH, well, tell me...

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  6. MRSA Scholar

MRSA
    Yay! Much obliged BRO!
    :bro:

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.