Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Half Life 2, The Lovable Post-Apoc Online Role-Playing Game

...Or at least it is according to DJ Treble T, some radio jockey in Britain. This wonderful blurb was part of Radio One's 'Gaming Week', which just proves these people should leave gaming alone, and keep to playing the same shit song twenty times a day.

"At number ten, it's an online game. It's very popular. It's Half-Life, specifically Half-Life 2, which is set some time in the near future after the nuclear apocalypse...as it always is. It's a roleplaying game on your PC, like World of Warcraft, but not as fantastical. And you basically have to survive and earn as many points as possible. Some people live on Half-Life, like spend half their lives on it. It was the first online game where people started hiring other people to play for them when they went to work. That actually happens."

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Re: Half Life 2, The Lovable Post-Apoc Online Role-Playing G

Genma:TheDestroyer said:
...Or at least it is according to DJ Treble T, some radio jockey in Britain. This wonderful blurb was part of Radio One's 'Gaming Week', which just proves these people should leave gaming alone, and keep to playing the same shit song twenty times a day.

"At number ten, it's an online game. It's very popular. It's Half-Life, specifically Half-Life 2, which is set some time in the near future after the nuclear apocalypse...as it always is. It's a roleplaying game on your PC, like World of Warcraft, but not as fantastical. And you basically have to survive and earn as many points as possible. Some people live on Half-Life, like spend half their lives on it. It was the first online game where people started hiring other people to play for them when they went to work. That actually happens."

:eversoconfusedyetslightlyarousedbylatentrage:

I am trying to discern if he is talking about one game and merely got the name wrong, or is a broken as fuck computer simulate DJ that is just taking random headlines from games and stringing them together. My head hurts from this actually existing, even if its a troll, by god, it makes me pause, and just stop.

Oh what the hell? Why is it that game related topics seems so difficult for the uninitiated to grasp or get right? Anyone would think it was the most complex thing in the world the way everyone - including most of the gaming audiences themselves - just has no fucking clue about anything.

baronjohn

Cipher
It's always the same. Whenever they are talking about a topic you're familiar with in the media you end up banging your head against the wall how stupid they are.

Privatization has truly been a boon to unregulated dumbasses everywhere.

Oesophagus

Arcane
I have no idea what game he actually meant. Online game in post apoc world, first to have item farming? I'm confuse

Angthoron

Arcane
Sounds like some sort of a half-assed joke to be honest, but that would be too much of credit to the game journo monkies.

I mean, in a way, Half-Life as a joke name for an MMO where people would hire other people to farm for them (and thus lose their status of no-life losers) is even somewhat witty.

But wow. The level of stupid in that small statement is off the fucking scale.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom