Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Halo Infinite - the next Halo game

Drakortha

Liturgist
They put that grapple hook bullshit from Doom Eternal into the multiplayer. Fucking decline.

ADL

Prophet
That's gonna confuse the shit outta people. Also won't this screw people out of refunds on Steam if the primary game is free2play and you're only allowed two hours on purchases?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Also won't this screw people out of refunds on Steam if the primary game is free2play and you're only allowed two hours on purchases?

Not quite. https://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

REFUNDS ON DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT
(STEAM STORE CONTENT USABLE WITHIN ANOTHER GAME OR SOFTWARE APPLICATION, "DLC")

DLC purchased from the Steam store is refundable within fourteen days of purchase, and if the underlying title has been played for less than two hours since the DLC was purchased, so long as the DLC has not been consumed, modified or transferred. Please note that in some cases, Steam will be unable to give refunds for some third party DLC (for example, if the DLC irreversibly levels up a game character). These exceptions will be clearly marked as nonrefundable on the Store page prior to purchase.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am amazed at human stupidity, halo was shitty console garbage that dumb dudebros in kwan were playing back in the day. Now apparently it has a fan base lol.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Screenshot-3899.jpg

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am amazed at human stupidity, halo was shitty console garbage that dumb dudebros in kwan were playing back in the day. Now apparently it has a fan base lol.
I had fun playing the master chief collection last year. I wouldn't call it shitty garbage and it's even better with a friend (but then again that's true of any game)

ADL

Prophet
Looks like the best PC port in recent memory. The technical test I played already had a shitload of options and looks like they've added a lot more since then.

343 has been killing it lately on PC. Check out some of the stuff people are doing with Master Chief Collection's new mod tools porting maps forwards and backwards in the series and the new scripting engine in Infinite's forge looks really nice.

ferratilis

Magister
For someone who has no experience with Halo, what would be the best game to start with? I see in Halo MCC that Reach campaign is listed first, is that a good starting point? Also, some of those games have a toggle for old graphics, which would you recommend? What difficulty is recommended for first time play? I have the MCC on both Steam and game pass on console, it's high time I experienced the series.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
For someone who has no experience with Halo, what would be the best game to start with? I see in Halo MCC that Reach campaign is listed first, is that a good starting point? Also, some of those games have a toggle for old graphics, which would you recommend? What difficulty is recommended for first time play? I have the MCC on both Steam and game pass on console, it's high time I experienced the series.

I was in a similar situation with you and just started with Reach and went on from there,Reach is a prequel so technically you can play it at any time but I enjoyed it the most and think it's a good staring point,1 on the other hand I think ahsn't aged well and was one of the weakest games in the collection.Noy sure why you wouldn't want to crank the graphics up to whatever your pc can handle,old 3d graphics just look bad.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
For someone who has no experience with Halo, what would be the best game to start with?

Well, if you're talking about story, then you should start with Halo:CE

Now if you're asking what's the best Halo game, there's really no clear cut answer
Raycevick made a series of very good Halo analysis videos, according to him:

Halo CE
+ gameplay and input that still feels good
+ open-ended levels
- repetitive campaign

Halo 2
+ expanded sandbox
+ revolutionized online
- more linear campgain

Halo 3
+ refined and polished (the best of both games)
+ innovative community tools
- inferior multiplayer maps
- lackluster equipment (new features don't contribute to the sandbox in meaningful ways)

Halo 3: ODST
+ unique Atmosphere
+ high quality campgain
- weak storytelling

Halo Reach
+ most ambtious Halo game
+ largest feature list
+ improved community tools
- no gameplay improvements
- SP and MP regressed
- most ambtious Halo game

Halo 4
+ best storytelling
+ excellent production values
+ same "wonder" and "game feel" as the first 2 games
- however also same design problems as the first 2 games

Halo 5
+ Arena is a great multiplayer experience
- weakest campaign
- suffers from a sort of identity crisis

J1M

Arcane
Play on Normal or Heroic to start.

Prequels are dumb, start with the first one.

FLy1nRabBit

Novice

You mean Halo CE that nearly perfected the controller scheme for FPS games, or Halo 2 that broke entertainment media records and standardized entire feature sets that are used by Xbox & Playstation today, or maybe Halo 3 that essentially became a global phenomena for a short while, housing some of the largest player counts in FPS gaming for the time? Yeah, I guess you can say it has a fanbase lol

ferratilis

Magister
Noy sure why you wouldn't want to crank the graphics up to whatever your pc can handle,old 3d graphics just look bad.

Not because of performance, but art style. I remember reading somwhere (maybe here) that new graphics destroy the atmosphere of old games. But I'll try both and see, thanks.

wahrk

Learned
In both Halo 1 and 2 you can instantly switch between new/old graphics in-game with a button press, so I don’t really think it matters. You can easily compare both as you go. Personally I don’t know why you wouldn’t play with newer graphics, that’s the main point of the remasters and they mostly did a good job on that end. Some people might have disliked some of the visuals for Halo 1 but anyone saying it “ruined the atmosphere” is over-exaggerating. As for Halo 2, the new graphics are an improvement across the board, the original always looked like ass.

ADL

Prophet
About twelve hours from now they'll be showing off the campaign again for the first time since that E3 showcase and the big delay.

Zlaja

Arcane
Raycevick made a series of very good Halo analysis videos, according to him

According to him, Halo 4 has better storytelling then 2? That's retarded bullshit. Halo 4 is convoluted garbage.

Not because of performance, but art style. I remember reading somwhere (maybe here) that new graphics destroy the atmosphere of old games. But I'll try both and see, thanks.

Play the campaign of the first game with the old graphics, and switch to new graphics for the second game. Also, play all the campaigns on heroic difficulty. The original game on old xbox literally says "this is how Halo is meant to be played" when describing the heroic difficulty. And they were right.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom