Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Halo Infinite - the next Halo game

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Raycevick made a series of very good Halo analysis videos, according to him

According to him, Halo 4 has better storytelling then 2? That's retarded bullshit. Halo 4 is convoluted garbage.

Not because of performance, but art style. I remember reading somwhere (maybe here) that new graphics destroy the atmosphere of old games. But I'll try both and see, thanks.

Play the campaign of the first game with the old graphics, and switch to new graphics for the second game. Also, play all the campaigns on heroic difficulty. The original game on old xbox literally says "this is how Halo is meant to be played" when describing the heroic difficulty. And they were right.

I'd say that Halo 4 has more story, but not as good as 2. Though I played 2 quite some time ago now but some parts (mostly those on the arbiter side) weren't really well explained and if I hadn't know the story beforehand, I'd have a hard time following it

ADL

Prophet
From what I understand these are the major plot points for H4/5 that you'd want to know, I didn't play them.
New enemy faction introduced along with some cool weapons that were in Infinite's MP beta, Cortana died in 4, resurrected in 5 and went evil, killed off screen by Master Chief between 5 and Infinite
4 is part of the MCC on PC, should I?

Graphically Infinite got a huge improvement in the texture/lighting department. Overall I like what I see and it looks better than anything Bungie did. It just sucks that co-op and forge won't be in at launch.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just wish they got over the master chief already. Give me a new noble six, something just anything else.
ODSTs!

I'd say it's not as good as the others, so only if you want more Halo and don't want to replay any of the others. New faction change the game a little since they have different capabilities from the covies, but it's not really enough to make them interesting, at least for the full duration of the game

edit: wrote some more here.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
New game looks good and I will probably play. But I have to say it seems kinda lonely. The other games in the series have always had the backdrop of a big military operation, now it seems you are more or less a solo superhero cleaning up the aliens by yourself. I did notice he rescued a couple of marines, but I was hoping they would have a bigger role. Would have been awesome if you could lead some on missions, take them with you on a permanent basis which would make it sad when they finally bit the dust. Oh well.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Oww that's cute. Little blue hologram girl is giving cutesy commentary to grumpy Chief. "Chief, what do we do?" "Chief, can I touch your upper arms?" "Chief, ahahaha!! You're sooo amazing!"

Can she also give blow jobs?

Pantering to the lowest impulses.

FLy1nRabBit

Novice
New game looks good and I will probably play. But I have to say it seems kinda lonely. The other games in the series have always had the backdrop of a big military operation, now it seems you are more or less a solo superhero cleaning up the aliens by yourself. I did notice he rescued a couple of marines, but I was hoping they would have a bigger role. Would have been awesome if you could lead some on missions, take them with you on a permanent basis which would make it sad when they finally bit the dust. Oh well.

It appears like you'll be able to do some of that? You can probably pile them into a vehicle at those FOBs and take them with you, you also have something called 'Valor' that can be used to call in reinforcements? At the least you should be able to throw them in a warthog at the bases before driving them off a cliff like in the showcase lol

FLy1nRabBit

Novice
haloinfinite_tacmap-4k-04481aa434ba4581ad9017e3048c27b3.png
haloinfinitegameplay_4k_10-3d378ab1a4884a569a0fd7d81997bdab.png

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Really not feeling this Ubisoft approach to open world design in the single player campaign.

Halo single player with master chief has always been about big set pieces where chief goes above and beyond to kick alien ass and save the world... Now it's clear stronghold x for resources so you can unlock suit upgrades.

ADL

Prophet
Supposedly they're bundling the first battle pass (not time limited) with a couple days of early access to multiplayer. Should be announced today.

Also new map showcase, seems like all their work on the Master Chief Collection rubbed off on them in a good way.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
lol, AI bots have reached "game journalist" level, that's funny.

And what is up with the anime voice?

ADL

Prophet
FPS gameplay should never be shown on a controller. That video was terrible and did a disservice to what I played in the multiplayer beta.

JDR13

Arcane
This looks decent enough. I won't be getting it anytime soon though because I want to play through TMCC first.

I have to say I'm a little annoyed that it's a sequel to a game that was never released on PC.

No. It's bad. The gameplay is similar enough, mechanically, to preceding Halo games, but everything surrounding it - story, music, characters, etc - is garbage. Except visuals - I guess they're sometimes ok? And even if the gameplay is basically the same, the actual weapon loadouts and availability are poor enough to make it not fun either - you spend most of the game using the same few Forerunner weapons and occasionally you get a few (bad) Covenant weapons or a human weapon that quickly runs out of ammo. The only reason to play it is for the gameplay (because everything around it is so bad), and if you just want to play a video game for having Halo gameplay, you'd be better off replaying one of Bungie's games instead. If you want the novelty of Halo gameplay with a new story and so on attached to it, don't. It's not worth it, and it'll spoil your enjoyment of the earlier games unless you can maintain your own headcanon that anything not made by Bungie doesn't count and isn't part of the universe.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
This, the mp component and a single player demo, might be getting a surprise release today after the Xbox presentation.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Installing Halo: Infinite multiplayer now

it's halo time

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom