Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Halo Infinite - the next Halo game

ferratilis

Magister
So this game is having some kind of black representation event, and one of their nametags representing Africa was named Bonobo. It was instantly followed by a public apology and name change. Lol

XwNWSwF.png

KogaClaws

Novice

What a shit video. He keeps sucking off Bungie as if they're the only ones that can make a good Halo game. Does this guy not know about Destiny and how that turned out? Maybe Halo REACH and how considerably worse it was compared to old Halo titles? Abilities? Armour Lock? Sprint? How it was received on release?
And does he not take the time frame and releases into consideration? Back then, there was no competition to Halo. It was the only competent console FPS. Then by the time the 360 era came, Halo 3 didn't hold the #1 online players as much as the other titles. Reach didn't even get to hold the title for like a week.

Halo was already losing by the time Reach was in development because it had actual competition. People just refuse to believe that their childhood games aren't actually as good as they thought they were, and that they were just new for their time, and had nothing to compete against.
And what a horrible way to end the video just to carter to nostalgia dumbasses. Wow. People doing random shit in an online game. As if they can't do that right now.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
He keeps sucking off Bungie as if they're the only ones that can make a good Halo game.
They were the only ones that made consistently good Halo games, yes

Then by the time the 360 era came, Halo 3 didn't hold the #1 online players as much as the other titles.
Halo 3 had CoD4 to compete against, and like your graph shows it still held out pretty well

People just refuse to believe that their childhood games aren't actually as good as they thought they were, and that they were just new for their time, and had nothing to compete against.
That's not true
After Halo 1, the market was shortly flooded with Halo clones for years - much like today's 'Soulslikes' - but they all sucked in comparasion
Ironically they were called 'Halo Killers' :lol:

And what a horrible way to end the video just to carter to nostalgia dumbasses. Wow. People doing random shit in an online game. As if they can't do that right now.
No they can't
Because modern AAA multiplayer games don't have the same robust tools for custom modes and maps that bungie Halo games had

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
if you think the people responsible for destiny 2 can make a good game I have no idea what to tell you
what a shitheap of a game

Hell Swarm

Educated
That's not true
After Halo 1, the market was shortly flooded with Halo clones for years - much like today's 'Soulslikes' - but they all sucked in comparasion
What were the big Halo killers? They labeled any half decent FPS as a Halo killer but none of them did what Halo was doing. Souls games at least keep the core aspects of Souls.

343 are doing a propaganda grunt campaign. Probably nothing but he was one of the best bits of infinite so they're bringing him back. Other wise usual 343 poz with international women's day skins looking ugly as the 'women' who work there. They did fix the desync netcode with the latest patch and added AI companions to firefight. New maps in the Squad battle (aka big team battle with old maps people like) play list.

Zariusz

Arbiter
That's not true
What were the big Halo killers? They labeled any half decent FPS as a Halo killer but none of them did what Halo was doing. Souls games at least keep the core aspects of Souls.

343 are doing a propaganda grunt campaign. Probably nothing but he was one of the best bits of infinite so they're bringing him back. Other wise usual 343 poz with international women's day skins looking ugly as the 'women' who work there. They did fix the desync netcode with the latest patch and added AI companions to firefight. New maps in the Squad battle (aka big team battle with old maps people like) play list.
I remember that Haze on PS3 was quite often mentioned when talking about terrible "Halo killers".

JoacoN

Literate
if you think the people responsible for destiny 2 can make a good game I have no idea what to tell you
destiny 1 and 2 have some of the best content created in anything, ever

and then bungie deleted most of it lmaoo
da fuq?
quick rundown please...
Bungie started deleting almost everything before the Forsaken campaign (including that one), lots of old stuff and the first campaigns too.
But not only that, they deleted the BASE CAMPAIGN, so if you didn't play the game before 2020 you have to watch 50 hours of videos to understand what the fuck happened before

Hell Swarm

Educated

da fuq?
quick rundown please...
Bungie started deleting almost everything before the Forsaken campaign (including that one), lots of old stuff and the first campaigns too.
But not only that, they deleted the BASE CAMPAIGN, so if you didn't play the game before 2020 you have to watch 50 hours of videos to understand what the fuck happened before
Wasn't it also the majority of the "free" content too?

JoacoN

Literate

da fuq?
quick rundown please...
Wasn't it also the majority of the "free" content too?
I think ye, most of the content that's ingame comes from the DLC expansions, you can still do PVE and PVP, but it's pretty limited. (mostly from what a friend told me)

911 Jumper

Educated
Does anyone know if Infinite's campaign is present on the disc? I've heard some people say that there's barely anything on the disc. Others have said the campaign is on the disc but the multiplayer component needs to downloaded. Haven't been able to find a definitive answer.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Does anyone know if Infinite's campaign is present on the disc? I've heard some people say that there's barely anything on the disc. Others have said the campaign is on the disc but the multiplayer component needs to downloaded. Haven't been able to find a definitive answer.
I recall people saying the disc doesn't have the full campaign so it's a download either way

911 Jumper

Educated
I recall people saying the disc doesn't have the full campaign so it's a download either way
Oh, that's disappointing. I was hoping at least the Xbox One version of the game would be present in full on the disc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom