Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Halp! Stuck in Jarrock.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I joined the rebellion and I'm doing one of their quests, which sent me to Jarrock. I was let in to the settlement and I am to go with LLerwm to avenge his brother (required to get trust of the miners to get to their leader). Unfortunately my party is low level, all skills in their twenties or lower. I cannot complete this quest. I wanted to go out and do some side quests to get some skills but... I am unable to, because guards won't let me out until I find the leader of the strike.

What can I do now? I don't have older saves :M

Cynicus

Augur
Konjad

Dunno if there's a way around it ingame, but if you're on Windows with shadow copy and restore points active, and if your save file has the same name as the old ones, you can restore an old save that way ("Previous Versions" tab in the file's properties page). If not, a file undeleter might work, especially if the old save was on a drive other than your system drive.

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Unfortunately I am not able to do that :( no older versions of files, men. I am fucked.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
...and Fowyr is probably the only one who can do it, since he is the resident sage of PtD. Just bug the shit out of him until he helps you gets you banned. :troll:

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
My memory is very fuzzy.
At least say what's going on when you try leaving the city and verbatim copy some dialogue strings.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Konjad
I said exact dialogue! I'm too busy masturbating and weeping to install game. :M
Heh, let's see..
Looks like EVENT 166 in events.txt
"Only reason you're alive is because you got a job to do, and you're not leaving until it's done"
This?
Backup old events.txt.
Change next all 111 and 951 (X Y coordinates) in strings
(if ^PARTY1^
(moveto ^PARTY1^ 111 952)
()
)
(if ^PARTY2^
(moveto ^PARTY2^ 112 952)
()
)
(if ^PARTY3^
(moveto ^PARTY3^ 113 952)
()
)
(if ^PARTY4^
(moveto ^PARTY4^ 111 951)
()
)
(if ^PARTY5^
(moveto ^PARTY5^ 112 951)
()
)
(if ^PARTY6^
(moveto ^PARTY6^ 113 951)
()
)
To 141 958 (not exact same coordinates, +-1 to spread the party)
Then delete events.bin and load the game.
Check that you can painlessly enter city again after restoring old events.txt (and deleting events.bin to re-compile it)

Konjad

Patron
It works! Both going out and in! Thanks! You are a bro among bros, Fowyr. Thanks to you I can continue playing the game.

Konjad

Patron
Eh, I tried playing, but it turns out I can't use fast travel now... and considering the world is quite huge, it would be rather annoying to go everywhere manually.

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
God, I loved this game, even though it bugged out on me so often. Might have to give it another play-through!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom