Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hard West 2 - sequel from Ice Code Games

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Hey, this is not published by PlayWay family or the zombified CreativeForge Games. Instead it's the original publisher, Good Shepherd. That's one positive thing I guess.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The trailer uses the same va as the Weird West trailers. :lol: It's a good stereotypical western voice, but you have to be careful with these things, people are going to get confused.

Morm

Novice
Is it from the devs of the first episode and Phantom Doctrine ? I never heard of Ice Code Games...

Harthwain

Magister
Is it from the devs of the first episode and Phantom Doctrine ? I never heard of Ice Code Games...
People from CreativeForge Games were responsible for Hard West 1 and Phantom Doctrine. According to wiki 29 of 40 of them are gone from that studio, along with former lead designer (Kacper Szymczak). No idea how Ice Code Games team is related to them (if at all).

ADL

Prophet
May 12th was removed from the store page. Did they really publish the Steam page without changing the date beforehand? lol

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
I really liked the first game but I'm not hyped for the sequel quite yet, seeing as it's being developed by another Devteam with a dodgy track record altogether.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Why did I get a notification that a post I made in the Hard West 1 thread had been moved here, when there's no post by me in this thread?
Infinitron plz explain

Developer
does this have any relation to the people who actually made hard west
Kacper Szymczak ?
It does not, there's 0% overlap here.
The HW/PD team (well, the remnants of it) founded a new studio (Artificer.com)

People from CreativeForge Games were responsible for Hard West 1 and Phantom Doctrine. According to wiki 29 of 40 of them are gone from that studio, along with former lead designer (Kacper Szymczak). No idea how Ice Code Games team is related to them (if at all).
The wiki is inaccurate. 29 gave their notice at the time, the rest just had their contracts run out at the time. Exactly 0 people remained at CFG. It is now an empty shell company used for stock market pizzazz, run by - I shit you not - a car salesman.
PlayWay was shopping HW and PD ips around, and Ice Code Games hopped on that opportunity.

agris

Arcane
Patron
does this have any relation to the people who actually made hard west
Kacper Szymczak ?
It does not, there's 0% overlap here.
The HW/PD team (well, the remnants of it) founded a new studio (Artificer.com)

The wiki is inaccurate. 29 gave their notice at the time, the rest just had their contracts run out at the time. Exactly 0 people remained at CFG. It is now an empty shell company used for stock market pizzazz, run by - I shit you not - a car salesman.
PlayWay was shopping HW and PD ips around, and Ice Code Games hopped on that opportunity.
I second rusty_trombone’s sentiments, and will add: I hope you can now recognize that removing, or at least making optional, the fixed rotation intervals of 90 degrees in HW was directly related to the fate of your former studio.

If you’re going to let the player rotate the camera, at least give them the *option* to rotate it how they want to. If you’re doing a game of similar perspective to HW, check out Colony Ship RPG. If the HW camera were like that, I expect Creative Forge would be developing games in the palaces of Eastern European oligarchs rather than having its shell sold by a car salesman.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Disco Elysium-style dialogue interface, goodbye to centered dialogue windows. :M

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Open beta is on right now bros! Instant access for anyone who requests it on steam.

I'm dowloading right now, yee-haw!

Edit: 30 seconds in and I'm already triggered by the narrator referring to his gang of train-robbers as a "posse" :argh:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom