Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Has anyone been able to get Mass Effect 3 to launch? [Solved: just reinstall Windows bro]

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
The error happens on any version of Windows, btw. Going to edit thread title.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
Works fine on my end, w10 latest geforce drivers.

Uninstall/reinstall. Let the quality software that is Origin do its thing. Make sure you install all the MP dlc if you enjoy the better part of the game.

Your error is almost certainly on your end, as SatanGoogle will tell you with the simple search.

Tytus

Arcane
Has anyone been able to get Mass Effect 3 to launch? Keeps throwing up 0x00007b error.

No. The game sold like 5 mln copies or so, but no one ever was able to get it to work. This is what the ME3 ending controversy was all about. All their attemps in playing the game ended in failure.

deama

Prophet
The error happens on any version of Windows, btw. Going to edit thread title.
How do you edit titles?

Also, have you tried a crack? Maybe there's an issue with the DRM or so?

Codex Year of the Donut
I am obviously not using an Origin version of the game...
then you're probably missing a runtime library that would have been installed with the game

Check if your pirated copy came with any installers for visual studio C++ redistributables and install them if so.
If not, make sure you have 2008, 2010, and 2012 VC++ redistributables installed.

Molina

Savant
It happened to me a few days ago with Morrowind. I disabled the "Run as administrator " and deleted a .dll an then, it worked.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
It is playable on Linux using WINE if you are interested...

Also, ignore all the attacks of the butthurt hipsters. They have ALL completed Mass Effect 3. It was a magnificent game. I really enjoyed it, the combat was improved a lot, it was a fun third person shooter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom