Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Has Fallout 3 become a legitimate topic of discussion?

racofer

Thread Incliner
I've tried to play FO3 about 4 times since it came out.

I gave up on the first attempt, managed to finish it at my second attempt (which took me 8 months I might add, since I couldn't play for more than 20 minutes straight).

After that, I tried to slap some mods on it but I couldn't make it out the vault into megaton before throwing up.

Oblivion with mods was not nearly as boring as this game, even though I never finished it nor did I play it for longer than 10 hours. Both games are total shit though, both from the gameplay, artistic (lulz) and specially technical points of view.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've tried to play FO3 about 4 times since it came out.

I gave up on the first attempt, managed to finish it at my second attempt (which took me 8 months I might add, since I couldn't play for more than 20 minutes straight).

After that, I tried to slap some mods on it but I couldn't make it out the vault into megaton before throwing up.

Oblivion with mods was not nearly as boring as this game, even though I never finished it nor did I play it for longer than 10 hours. Both games are total shit though, both from the gameplay, artistic (lulz) and specially technical points of view.
Oblivion was crap, but it did have a decent subquest here and there that kept the interest at least a little bit. That cannot be said about anything released by Bethesda after Shivering Isles.

Though it still was overall a crap game.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I've played it twice, once with mods and once without. It was fun as a non-canon, alternate version of the FO universe, somewhere sideways in time to the original Black Isle games. Not a real RPG in the hardcore sense, more in the massive open world 1st-person shooter/adventure genre obviously. I'm currently installing Tale of Two Wastelands because of it's major improvements over the original release. It was a blast to install a huge monster variety mod (MMM) and the Robco Certified mod and go puttering around in that world, playing a mad scientist adventurer, creating robots and siccing them on the monsters or hapless NPCs. The official main quest was my least favorite parts of FO3 but had some highly enjoyable moments nonetheless. I just don't have the hatred for it others here have. I saw one guy here pretty much admit that he actually cried when he played FO3 because it wasn't like the originals. That speaks volumes about the mental stability of at least some of the haters. But, yes, I am noticing a trend with certain codexers returning to it because of the TOTW merge mod.

0wca

Learned
Stop necroing this shit, let the turd finally sink into the ground and dissolve forever...

...or until Todd decides it's time for a remake.

:necro:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
never played nor will ever play either fallout 3 or 4

played skyrim for 20 minutes and was in disbelief how shit it was

laclongquan

Arcane
Fallout 3 is not a storyfag's RPG with less quest, less memorable characters, less even background setting for locations. As storyfaq, a normal player of RPG going in F3 will come away sore, disappointed, and annoyed as fuck~

THAT SAID.

With that said, Fallout 3 is a gameplayer's RPG, a tactical gamer's RPG. You can say it's a tactical game with heavy RPG elements thrown in~ unlike Jagged Alliance 2 which is a tactical game with medium RPG elements thrown in. OR Fallout Tactics Brotherhood of Steel.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
An ancient necro'd thread filled with people fondling a turd and making excuses for their turd fondling.

Yep, sure is Codex in here.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Herr Fedora Master said that so sensuously; that part about fondling a turd.

Is FNV worth playing?

Get Wabberjack and find and install Viva New Vegas. You'll be playing FNV in 15 minutes. Most modlists are retarded and full of outdated, buggy, and unoptimized mods (one popular FNV mod runs 50+ scripts every time you take a step). Viva New Vagas was compiled by a sperg-bro who seemed to actually know what he was doing and whose obsession was to make a modlist with mods that ran so well and were so efficient that it actually makes the game run smoother than vanilla without sacrificing visual/gameplay quality. I saw a tranny on youtube yesterday that complied their own massive 200+ mod modlist, I think, for Tale of Two Wastelands with links and instructions on how to do the 6+ hour install. Don't do that.

Comte

Herr Fedora Master said that so sensuously; that part about fondling a turd.

Is FNV worth playing?

Get Wabberjack and find and install Viva New Vegas. You'll be playing FNV in 15 minutes. Most modlists are retarded and full of outdated, buggy, and unoptimized mods (one popular FNV mod runs 50+ scripts every time you take a step). Viva New Vagas was compiled by a sperg-bro who seemed to actually know what he was doing and whose obsession was to make a modlist with mods that ran so well and were so efficient that it actually makes the game run smoother than vanilla without sacrificing visual/gameplay quality. I saw a tranny on youtube yesterday that complied their own massive 200+ mod modlist, I think, for Tale of Two Wastelands with links and instructions on how to do the 6+ hour install. Don't do that.

Is viva new vegas a mod pack you can download?

Ryzer

Prophet
Vatnik
Even modded intensively, it remains an unstable overrated crap burden in a messy engine whatever you do. So don't bother and play something else.

Comte

Even modded intensively, it remains an unstable overrated crap burden in a messy engine whatever you do. So don't bother and play something else.

New Vegas crashes all the time when i play i usually get frustrated and uninstall.

Codex Year of the Donut
Even modded intensively, it remains an unstable
It's pretty amusing how they haven't bothered to do remasters of their games when they're some that need it the most. Their modern engine is (can't believe I'm typing this) vastly more stable than it was in the past.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Over the last week or so I've been re-installing Fallout 1, Fallout 2 and its mods Fallout 1.5, Fallout Nevada, and Fallout Sonora (go big or go home!) with mods and patches. Every time I created a desktop shortcut and selected an icon for any of these games/mods, this little bearded slav/russian guy showed up as the icon instead of a cute Fallout Boy or cool deviant art FO one. I was convinced it was a virus from one of the Fallout mods. It turned out to be an image of Tim Cain.

bu8eCLk.jpg

Jack Of Owls

Arcane

New Vegas crashes all the time when i play i usually get frustrated and uninstall.

The original Fallout 1 when I played it on Windows 95/98 back in the day was the Fallout game that crashed most for me with the exception of FNV when I tried to mod it with Robco Certified. I managed to build a canine cyborg companion (Dogmeat who?) with 3 heads called Cyberus with a powerful attack. Game crashed every time I fetched him.

Fargus

Arcane
Over the last week or so I've been re-installing Fallout 1, Fallout 2 and its mods Fallout 1.5, Fallout Nevada, and Fallout Sonora (go big or go home!) with mods and patches. Every time I created a desktop shortcut and selected an icon for any of these games/mods, this little bearded slav/russian guy showed up as the icon instead of a cute Fallout Boy or cool deviant art FO one. I was convinced it was a virus from one of the Fallout mods. It turned out to be an image of Tim Cain.

bu8eCLk.jpg

Haha i remember this happening years ago. Because of low res it was hard to tell who's face it was and i though it was someone i know who is also a programmer and looked similar. Thought it was his prank on me. Turns out it's was just Tim Cain's fat mug. Meh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom