Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Have you played Eternal Darkness for the GameCube?

Codex Year of the Donut
This is the only GameCube game I actually remember

Dick.

Arcane
I recently acquired a Wii at a yard sale and modded it to play GameCube ISOs from a external HDD. I played the opening of ED about a week or so ago on it and liked it. Looking forward to playing the rest when I'm done finishing RE4 for the 13th time.

Last edited:

RuySan

Augur
I did. The sanity thing "brilliance" was blown out of proportion since then. It's very easy to control the sanity meter, and thus you only get insanity effects if you really want to, and then you'll already know why the games is supposedly erasing your save files.

I really don't buy that many people were fooled by that. It's just a gimmick.

Ivan

Arcane
Yeah, I don't remember much about it. Overrated. I played it b/c it some tard compared it to Torment. It did have some cute visual gags.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I watched a let's play of it once because I was curious what it was, I found it a bit overrated.

YldriE

Learned
I played it last year and it was a very typical example of a mediocre console game that we idolize only because it was released long ago, even moreso considering it was exclusive to one specific console, which somehow always decuplates the nostalgia (I guess because it limits the number of people who have actually played it and know better).

It's not that it's bad, just that it's... not much of anything. You can play it more or less on autopilot if you are curious, but it wouldn't feel out of place in a spooky indie sale on Steam.

Kz3r0

Arcane
The first playthrough was exciting but soon was clear that was all fluff and flavor, repetitive patterns, easy ‘puzzles’ and even easier combat, the only original thing was the beginning:
where basically you start as the villain and choose the enemy god for that playthrough.

Besides, completing it three times you get the secret final:
It was all planned by the fourth god, but nothing comes out of it.

GewuerzKahn

Savant
Yeah, because I like Lovecraft and people talked positiv about the sanity stuff on the early internet. This game is just boring.

JDR13

Arcane
I have a copy but never really played it.

I'm a big fan of horror, but games based on paranormal or psychological horror don't do much for me. Give me sci-fi horror any night of the week.

Horton

Educated
I missed this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom