Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Multi-headed Cow

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST FUCKING PRIESTS. Was playing paladin VS priest. Despite him thoughtstealing twice, mind controlling twice, shadow word paining and death twice, getting like 5+ card draws from northshire cleric and COMPLETELY DRAWING HIS ENTIRE DECK HE WON WITH 4 LIFE.

Zeriel

Arcane
Yeah, that's the main issue with thoughtsteal. Even if you out-longterm them by playing around every card they have including mind control, they can still win because hey, they get more total cards than you, including your own.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I don't understand why, if they're so broken, has Blizzard not put out a build where they're toned down.

Zeriel

Arcane
I don't think the biggest problem is that priests are better than other classes (i.e look at UtH hunters who can 100% annihilate you turn 6 every game), it is that they are incredibly unfun to play against.

Generally things that disrupt the meta so much that everyone builds to beat them probably need mechanical changes, even if they aren't too strong once you build around them. It's very much a "balanced on a razor's edge" thing. Take away any one tiny feature of the priest and it would be a very different story, they just have a lot of tools to handle every situation currently, which spirals out of control. (Mages are similar, though not quite as bad.)

Constructed and arena balance are definitely massively different, too. No one class seems to do particularly well in arena if you look at numbers, because the luck of drawing a solid deck or not sways matches way more than the class.

J1M

Arcane
I've also heard that priests are only too powerful in the part of the game that most people are playing: partial card collections. Once you have access to 2x every rare and epic card, they are apparently balanced. Not sure if true, but obviously not intended by Blizzard.

Multi-headed Cow

UtH hunters are kinda unfun to play against too. Especially when you know it's coming and you're not getting anything to delay/stop it.

I've also heard that priests are only too powerful in the part of the game that most people are playing: partial card collections. Once you have access to 2x every rare and epic card, they are apparently balanced. Not sure if true, but obviously not intended by Blizzard.
I have a pretty damn good paladin deck at this point which was how I managed to get him down to 4 life after he drew his entire deck and stole 4+ cards from mine, including Tirion Fordring. Priests are just fucking crazy. I guess the only thing that might've helped me (Maybe, at this point I'm not sure I would've had the mana to play it since I was constantly struggling) would be... uh... Divine whatever. The "Draw cards until your hand is equal with the enemy's hand" card. Since the priest had an almost full hand the entire game that would've opened up my options a lot. I really need to craft those.

That said, I made a completely offensive priest deck (Double shadow form, removal, damage, prophet Velen) and it isn't nearly as good as a healing priest deck but it's pretty fun to play since nobody expects it.

By the way, if anyone wants to add me and battle me I'm almost always up to Hearthstone. Squee#1210

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
That doesn't make any sense to me. Once you have all those awesome cards the priests will just get better trades with his basic cards against you.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
where priests ceases to be imba, mages and warriors take over.

Multi-headed Cow

Yessssssss. Finally got into diamond (I got into platinum 3 super fast, been stuck there forever) by... Beating a priest with a retarded warrior deck I threw together. I HAVE THE POWER.

Zeriel

Arcane
Warrior charge cheese is surprisingly effective, as long as you are okay with just losing 40% of your games without contest because you lost momentum once, ever.

Multi-headed Cow

Played something like 5-10 games in ranked with this deck and haven't lost a single time yet. I can do damage every single turn, even when they throw taunts at me. It's pretty hilarious.

Multi-headed Cow

J1m claims the first victory against the ridiculous warrior deck! And here's the deck if any of you bros want to try it. How you play it is throw absolutely everything at the enemy hero. Taunts are (Usually) only minor speedbumps. Don't worry about armoring up unless you have mana to burn, low health means higher damage mortal strikes, which usually are for finishing off your enemy or taking out big taunts/game ending threats. Inner rage CAN be used to weaken/kill enemy units, but is basically always just for slapping on your own units for extra damage. Slam can be used for a card draw or a removal, whichever seems better. Since the deck's so fast you don't need much card draw since you're often just burning cards to damage your opponent anyway. Upgrade's generally best for additional waraxe or reaper swings, but if you can take a weenie axe to charge a deckhand (Or do 1 damage to kill an enemy creature) it can be worth it.

Really though, throw 99% of your damage at the opponent.

Z8AyTcE.jpg

Started running into people who beat it in ranked, and Dakasha beat it a few times too. Glorious aggro charge deck's magic is wearing off, but it's still stupid fun~

Last edited by a moderator:

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Fucking shit early hunters. I hate those fuckers when I ain't playing mage/warlock. If you cant really destroy few minions at once, when he rushes you you're fucking toasted.
2vhws54.jpg

Zeriel

Arcane
The really funny thing about UtH is that even if you are at 30 health when they do it with a taunt creature on the board, the properly executed version of it can still OTK you.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
A retarded question, but do the basic decks get the unlockable cards automatically added to them, or do you need to make a custom deck to use them?

SmartCheetah

Arcane
A retarded question, but do the basic decks get the unlockable cards automatically added to them, or do you need to make a custom deck to use them?
Custom. Playing basic decks works only on first few battles (with people who use basic decks as well) and practice ones. Unlocked cards unfortunately don't land in that deck.

Played two arenas and got only dust for both. Fuwk u blizzard, it's hard enough to grind for arena already

Last edited:

Multi-headed Cow

I... Uh... Went 1-3 with a druid in arena. I dunno why I picked druid. I'm shit with druid in constructed too. I will instead blame it entirely on the fact that I got none of those common charge or taunt dual use guys, no trees, and was forced to take a light warden or whatever it's called. FORCED.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
You know what they say, an hour of hearthstone a day keeps the shrink doctor away.

As for druid I'll have to agree. I cannot win even when playing constructed. And it's really weird, his cards seem to be good. I don't know, I honestly don't know. Blizzard please buff horned dude.

Multi-headed Cow

Idk how you people manage to not get bored with it in an hour

Design and mechanics are very limited, which prevents any kind of creative thinking
I play many hours of Hearthstone a day. Way more than I should. I KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS FRIEND. IT IS HEARTHSTONE TIME. MIND IF I ROLL NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Do matches against friends 'count?' When it goes open beta I can't see myself playing against the unwashed masses.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom