Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Multi-headed Cow

Yep. You don't get gold from it, it doesn't count toward daily quests (Wins against friends DO count toward the 100 wins and 1000 wins achievements though) and it just gets you XP, basic card unlocks, and can unlock new classes if you haven't already farmed all of them from the AI.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I love that there's no chat feature. It means that every person I play against is a decent, civil human being. Even if he's shouting at his monitor.

Multi-headed Cow

The light shall burn you!

Followed by mind control, preparation he got from thoughtsteal, shadow madness, then pulls the shadow madness creature into his hand so he doesn't lose it with a 1 mana panda from pint-sized.
PRIESTS.

Zeriel

Arcane
I love that there's no chat feature. It means that every person I play against is a decent, civil human being. Even if he's shouting at his monitor.

I have the opposite experience. I can't help but read all the "well playeds" as way more sarcastic than someone yelling "FAGGOT!" at me would ever be. Generally I feel like the solutions to antisocial behavior on the internet are much worse than the antisocial behavior.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I've started squelching players the first thing I do.

Multi-headed Cow

Just beat this guy in the arena. JUSTICE DEMANDS RETRIBUTION (and close wins, holy shit. won with like 11 life after dropping my guardian of kings)

Eqny6BH.jpg

Multi-headed Cow

If you lose to a hunter in arena it's time to take a break.
What finally took me down were 2 different mages and a priest. Two of the losses were fair and I was alright with 'em, but the other was against a guy with all the board clears in the world. Was playing around it the entire game, but each flamestrike or blizzard ended up taking around 2 cards, then when I started massively dumping shit on the field he had frost novas.

Priest loss was mainly just awful RNG on knife jugglers. He didn't do anything particularly shitty, can't blame him for that northshire cleric. If my knives were favorable (As in, any of them hit the cleric) I would've been ok. Unfortunately the juggler fucked me, he got tons of card draws, then locked himself down with a defender of argus. Was able to consecrate my way through that but it was too late for me at that point.

Oh well. 5-3. Got 55 gold, 5 dust, shame booster, and golden lightning bolt.

Multi-headed Cow

Fuck. Made the most horrific and cookie cutter priest deck in the world. Played against a paladin. He even said well met at the start of the game. I used thoughtsteal, I used mind control, I used Ysera. By the end I had a 14/14 mogushan on the field and he had basically nothing. I STARED INTO HIS BIG PUPPYDOG PALADIN EYES AND...

AND...

CAST YSERA AWAKENS TWICE AND KILLED MYSELF. GO IN PEACE, PALADIN~

Edit: And not long after that, I get matched up against another paladin who has about 7 legendaries in his deck. Used my cancerous priest powers to beat him despite thoughtstealing a sword of justice which he then Harrison Jonesed for a million card draws. Match ended when he played Deathwing, I mind controlled it, and he ran out of cards. My only extra card draw the whole game was when I used shadow madness on his bloodmage Thalnos to suicide into and break Tirion's bubble.

Sure wish I didn't get prophet Velen though. And Antonidas. They're both pretty powerful (Especially how I have Antonidas set up) but priest and mage aren't terribly fun. I'm glad about my Tirion since I like paladin, but for raw funs-per-minute I like warrior, rogue, and warlock. Sometimes shaman. Sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Multi-headed Cow

http://i.imgur.com/U6r029q.jpg

Goddamn priest made me wait him out until the bitter end. I HATE YOU PRIEST. I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU.

PS: Not sure about this all-enrage warrior deck. Built it because I wanted to see how it would pan out and I get the feeling that it's too gimmicky to be any good. Fairly sure beating that priest was a fluke. Also fairly sure that card in his hand is shadow word death, since he used two pains and two mind controls already. On the bright side, when your creatures DO live you can do some silly shit with cruel taskmasters and enraging units. Or commanding shout, then play cruel taskmaster on a 1 health worgen and let him go nuts. When it works it's pretty fun, unfortunately you rely a lot on ridiculous enrages and executes to keep big shit in line.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I wish there was an emote that sent a fist out of your opponent's screen to poke him in the eye if he doesn't hurry up.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
They should just add a "fuck you" emote already.
Paladin could say something like "By the light! Fuck you!"
Warrior could be like "Fuuuuuuuuuuck youuuuuuuuuu!"
Priest could be "Fuck me! Tee-hee!"

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Today's quest had me struggling. Five wins with priest was too nerve wrecking so I preferred to complete it with warlock. Already had two wins and a huge losing streak, so I built a deck using minions that heal me to compensate for using hero power, minions that add to spell damage, my dearest ysera and all of my damaging spells.

The only demons I included were the stealthy imps and the void taunter. The rest seem to punish you for playing them.

The outcome of some games was in the balance I must admit, but in the end I got relatively easy the three remaining wins that the quest completion required.
Shouldn't depreciate warlock's power, it is quite strong if used timely.

Fart Master

Savant

I have the opposite experience. I can't help but read all the "well playeds" as way more sarcastic than someone yelling "FAGGOT!" at me would ever be. Generally I feel like the solutions to antisocial behavior on the internet are much worse than the antisocial behavior.

I'd rather have people call me a motherfucking faggot piece of shit than 'thanks' 'oops' and 'well played'.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Just squelch them at the start of the match then they can't emote you at all.

Fart Master

Savant
After enduring a decade of abuse in online games I'm not about to start muting people :rpgcodex: Thats like admitting defeat.

I really like the Warcraft 2 music that sometimes plays when searching for a match. Had to put that soundtrack on, so good.

Zeriel

Arcane
Or just wait. It's going to be in open beta soon, and Hearthstone is emphatically not worth spending money on.

Got my first 9 win streak in arena, with paladin :bounce: I really felt the deck was lacklustre, and the game tried to push on me 5(!) guardian of kings, but I persevered in the end. Got only one pack but 195 gold + gold starfall + gold demolisher.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Will there be a wipe for open beta?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom